It’s over isn’t it? (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Vik and Gus gone. Cal off, new signings got the heart of someone off to see the wizard. Old players looking past it.

Reckon Robins will go before the start of next season and we’ll be another bang average over paying Championship club with no identity and no hope. End of an era. Play off final was a season finale.

Nobbie_67

We were dreadful on Wednesday, and at Bristol for the last 60 mins, but before the international break we were looking a lot better. I’m not calling it over yet, but these next two games will tell us a lot and show if we have the fight in us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greggs

Vik and Gus gone. Cal off, new signings got the heart of someone off to see the wizard. Old players looking past it.

Reckon Robins will go before the start of next season and we’ll be another bang average over paying Championship club with no identity and no hope. End of an era. Play off final was a season finale.
Who will be facing financial troubles within 18 months.

shmmeee

Who will be facing financial troubles within 18 months.

Couldn’t give a fuck about that TBH. The last twenty years has broken any reaction to finance. Some rich prick will make or lose some money and it’ll have virtually no impact on the football I watch anyway.

chiefdave

shmmeee

True story: I rang the Samaritans once. First time no one picked up. Second time was the worst emotional support I’ve ever had and I come from a family of autists.

The one good thing was I was so annoyed at how crap they were it cheered me up a bit.

Grendel

The extra TV money next season will put the division on a different level and it will be how that’s used

It was always a challenge to replace the goals last season

Gyokeres and Hamer aside our other championship signings up to this season have largely been poor

This season it’s early days but none of them look stand out - Simms will be ok I think

If it doesn’t improve I can’t see robins keeping his job and then the next manager will be key

Sick Boy

The extra TV money next season will put the division on a different level and it will be how that’s used

It was always a challenge to replace the goals last season

Gyokeres and Hamer aside our other championship signings up to this season have largely been poor

This season it’s early days but none of them look stand out - Simms will be ok I think

If it doesn’t improve I can’t see robins keeping his job and then the next manager will be key
The problem is that King doesn’t have the expertise to choose that person. Actually, we’re fine, Dave won’t let us down.

Grendel

The problem is that King doesn’t have the expertise to choose that person. Actually, we’re fine, Dave won’t let us down.

There will be plenty of good candidates - what dies Boddy actually do now?

skybluecam

Still think we will look a much better team if/when we sign a creative central midfielder. If we did that in Jan maybe another late run is possible.

But the climb wasn't going to continue forever. I'm hoping Robins stays unless we actually look like getting relegated, then we can reassess next season.

ProfessorbyGrace

I watched the latest video on the official channel, the one with MR and COH talking to Clive.
MR put the issues he’s facing in a very telling, and broader context.

I get the concern, I really do. There’s always that ‘what if we go back to the bad old days of league 1 and 2’ lingering, because we’ve come so far - but as long as MR is in charge, he’ll be doing his best. And if it turns into a relegation scrap, big IF there, he has that famous ‘clutch’ to drag the best out what he has.

Try not to let it get you down to such a low ebb, as realistically, we’re just spectators and can achieve nothing by allowing the anxiety of it to consume us. 🙏🏻

Samo

I bet it's raining on just your house

Sky Blue Heaven

Reflecting on last season I definitely thought that we were relegation contenders, especially after the pitch fiasco etc etc. I know that Vik & Gus are gone, this was inevitable after the play-off final, but are we just expecting too much too soon? Am I concerned about our performances, yes, just like everyone on here, however do I trust MR and his back room staff to get it right, yes I do!

Of course people are obliged to have their opinions, its what makes this forum, however let’s get behind the players and hopefully 3 points on Monday night. PUSB

Brighton Sky Blue

Reflecting on last season I definitely thought that we were relegation contenders, especially after the pitch fiasco etc etc. I know that Vik & Gus are gone, this was inevitable after the play-off final, but are we just expecting too much too soon? Am I concerned about our performances, yes, just like everyone on here, however do I trust MR and his back room staff to get it right, yes I do!

Of course people are obliged to have their opinions, its what makes this forum, however let’s get behind the players and hopefully 3 points on Monday night. PUSB
People just aren’t expecting to be struggling near the bottom for this level of spending.

Brighton Sky Blue

We’re still closer points wise to the Top 6 than the Bottom 3.
Unbeaten at home this season

Everyone needs to chill a bit.
Lose on Monday with the Invincibles/Rotherham winning and that ceases to be the case. People including me do need to chill, but playing worse each week with bad results against bad teams is concerning.

Grendel

We’re still closer points wise to the Top 6 than the Bottom 3.
Unbeaten at home this season

Everyone needs to chill a bit.

Every team is but the bottom 4

djr8369

To be honest it wouldn’t surprise me if you are right. I think I said last season we can’t stay on an upward trajectory forever yet we went to to far exceed my expectations. Surely we will finish lower than last year, and that’s fine, it’s probably what happens after which is key.

edit, I meant wouldn’t surprise me, not would

Last edited:

skyblue1991

Of course it's not over! But I understand the concern

I have been disappointed by the start and most of the signings and it's only so long you can use the 'time to gel', 'time to settle in' reasons

I'm sure it will come good but if we lose Monday and potentially next Sat in front of a big away crowd serious questions will be asked by the fans and I don't blame them

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Evo1883

What have I missed been out , is cal off ?

SkyBlue_Bear83

It's very likely isn't it, last season was our chance.

It's gonna take 2 to 3 years of rebuilding before we can have another squad capable of challenging, but is Robins really going to be given that time with the raised expectation and transfer fees we have paid for some players, then you sack the manager and start all over again and repeat.

Nick

Administrator
I watched the latest video on the official channel, the one with MR and COH talking to Clive.
MR put the issues he’s facing in a very telling, and broader context.

I get the concern, I really do. There’s always that ‘what if we go back to the bad old days of league 1 and 2’ lingering, because we’ve come so far - but as long as MR is in charge, he’ll be doing his best. And if it turns into a relegation scrap, big IF there, he has that famous ‘clutch’ to drag the best out what he has.

Try not to let it get you down to such a low ebb, as realistically, we’re just spectators and can achieve nothing by allowing the anxiety of it to consume us. 🙏🏻
What issues is he facing?

"Best out of what he is"

The club's record signing?

ProfessorbyGrace

What issues is he facing?

"Best out of what he is"

The club's record signing?
Have a look at the video yourself, it’s easy to find.

I actually put: ‘The best out of what he has’, which, he historically has done for us.

Did I intimate that I was referring to Wright?

What a bizarre reply to make, to someone who was trying to put things in perspective for another member.

Users who are viewing this thread