It's grim oop north (1 Viewer)

tommydazzle

Looks like Sacha Baron Cohen's latest target is chavvy Britain - with the main character a Grimsby footy fan. Have to admit although it's not pc I do find his films pretty funny. Don't suppose the good folk of Grimsby will .......Remember how Kazakhstan reacted to their portrayal in Borat.

Behind every stereotype there's often an element of truth.;) (retires quickly)

Nick

Administrator
I will watch it, I didn't think much to the Army Commander type film he did though.

I can't see why they would be outraged against it.

fernandopartridge

It's all been downhill since Ali G's early days, where SBC was quite funny interviewing politicians etc as a short slot on the 11 O'Clock Show

ajsccfc

Richard Madeley killed Sacha Baron Cohen in the same way Leigh Francis did for Craig David.

ajsccfc

I think garage was just long ago enough now for it to count as nostalgia so he'll ride that for a bit and then go back to whatever he was doing hopefully. I heard his new stuff and it may as well have been an unearthed track from 2001.

Otis

It was the premiere last night, so not too many reviews out. The Guardian didn't like it, but the Telegraph and the Independent have given it 4 stars.

I have a vested interest in this film because my 11 year old daughter was in it. Was only as an extra though, but it's quite a funny story.

She filmed it last year in London and she had to be in a family looking round a furniture store. She had to ad lib some stuff talking about the beds she liked etc.

Anyway, when she had finished filming I asked, did you see Sacha Baron Cohen and she replied 'no, no-one famous.'

I then asked 'is that all you did, look at beds?' And she said 'yes!

Anyway, on Sunday someone sent me a trailer and there is Sacha Baron Cohen having sex. It's a real close up shot. He then cums and the camera pans out and he looks up at a sales assistant and says 'Yeah, we'll take it!' Talking about the bed! You then see from the wider shot that it is a furniture store. There is another assistant in the background. The same furniture store as my daughter!!!

So, having seen this I then went back to my daughter and asked her again what happened during the filming and she said she 'I had to look at beds and then another assistant suddenly told us to get out and I had to look shocked!'

'Hmm, you didn't tell me that bit before did you!'

So transpires that while my little un was looking at beds, behind her was Sacha Baron Cohen's character having sex on a shop bed! It's all in the same shot!

Only seen the trailer so far, so you can't make out my daughter in it, but you can see the assistant she is talking to.

Last edited:

Otis

Nope. Unfortunately not.

She is much more prominent in Macbeth with Michael Fassbender and David Thewlis, but no credit there either.

She WAS on the Jackie Chan exploding bus in London the other weekend though that caused all that fuss!

Something for her to tell her grandkids I suppose.

Otis

Just had a mesage from a friend that you can see my daughter in the background in the furniture store, but they did cut her close-up looking shocked.

Goes with the territory. She filmed 24 days on Pan with 7 other kids and none of it was used at all.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Bloody hell that's Fantastic

Bruno was on the other night, to be honest how Sasha baron Cohen hasn't been lynched is beyond me

Sky_Blue_Daz

Who has she got the acting bug from Otis?

Sick Boy

It was the premiere last night, so not too many reviews out. The Guardian didn't like it, but the Telegraph and the Independent have given it 4 stars.

I have a vested interest in this film because my 11 year old daughter was in it. Was only as an extra though, but it's quite a funny story.

She filmed it last year in London and she had to be in a family looking round a furniture store. She had to ad lib some stuff talking about the beds she liked etc.

Anyway, when she had finished filming I asked, did you see Sacha Baron Cohen and she replied 'no, no-one famous.'

I then asked 'is that all you did, look at beds?' And she said 'yes!

Anyway, on Sunday someone sent me a trailer and there is Sacha Baron Cohen having sex. It's a real close up shot. He then cums and the camera pans out and he looks up at a sales assistant and says 'Yeah, we'll take it!' Talking about the bed! You then see from the wider shot that it is a furniture store. There is another assistant in the background. The same furniture store as my daughter!!!

So, having seen this I then went back to my daughter and asked her again what happened during the filming and she said she 'I had to look at beds and then another assistant suddenly told us to get out and I had to look shocked!'

'Hmm, you didn't tell me that bit before did you!'

So transpires that while my little un was looking at beds, behind her was Sacha Baron Cohen's character having sex on a shop bed! It's all in the same shot!

Only seen the trailer so far, so you can't make out my daughter in it, but you can see the assistant she is talking to.

You must be very proud!! I am sure that her and your wife will find you a nice nursing home in a few years. ;) :D

Users who are viewing this thread