It's time... (1 Viewer)

no_loyalty

The inly way this club will go anywhere is new owners.

Get sisu out before the club doesnt exist anymore

Where is Hoffman and his boys these days?, not heard from them for quite sometime

dongonzalos

So anyone here know or can look up what the football league said when we moved away to Northampton and pledged a new ground was being planned? Clearly when we came back to the Ricoh we still had to comply with having a "plan " in place or was that overlooked by the football league also?

I recall something about how hard it would be to move outside of Coventry again without having made some progress on the new stadium

dongonzalos

Where is Hoffman and his boys these days?, not heard from them for quite sometime
I guess they have finally come to accept you can't buy a football club (or buy its debt) unless the people who own it actually want rid of it and rid of some of their debt.

Grendel

I guess they have finally come to accept you can't buy a football club (or buy its debt) unless the people who own it actually want rid of it and rid of some of their debt.

Let's face it only the most gullible of the gullible thought Yankee Doodle Haskell was ever going to consider buying the club.

stupot07

The "legal noise" is complete horseshit IMO, its just a delaying tactic to give the club no choice but to agree a significantly more expensive deal.

Pretty sure Armybike wrote to Armstrong who didn't reply.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Covstu

I think it was Dhinsa esque, wasn't this one something to do with no letterhead or was that another shite excuse in this saga.

Grendel

Did he actually bid or did he do a dhinsa?

He bid for both Leeds and coventry - knowing full well he would not be able to secure the club.

His "bid" was even lower than Otium.

As I say only gullible idiots were taken in by that charade. Ultimately that stupid stunt caused as much damage to the club as anything.

Grendel

The "legal noise" is complete horseshit IMO, its just a delaying tactic to give the club no choice but to agree a significantly more expensive deal.

Pretty sure Armybike wrote to Armstrong who didn't reply.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Of course it's horseshit. They know these actions can't be dropped which is why they state them

Again only a gullible idiot would believe such nonsense.

Joy Division

idiot

[id-ee-uh t]
noun
Informal. an utterly foolish or senseless person:
If you think you can wear that outfit to a job interview and get hired,you're an idiot!
Psychology. (no longer in technical use; considered offensive) a personof the lowest order in a former and discarded classification of mentalretardation, having a mental age of less than three years old and anintelligence quotient under 25.
Origin of idiot

1250-1300
1250-1300; Middle English < Latin idiōta < Greek idiṓtēs private person,layman, person lacking skill or expertise, equivalent to idiō- (lengthenedvariant of idio- idio-, perhaps by analogy with stratiōtēs professional soldier,derivative of stratiá army) + -tēs agent noun suffix
Related forms
idiotic, adjective
Synonyms

1. fool, half-wit; imbecile; dolt, dunce, numskull.
Dictionary.com Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2016.

British Dictionary definitions for idiot
idiot
/ˈɪdɪət/
noun
a person with severe mental retardation
a foolish or senseless person
Word Origin
C13: from Latin idiōta ignorant person, from Greek idiōtēs private person,one who lacks professional knowledge, ignoramus; see idio-
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition
© William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins
Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Cite This Source
Word Origin and History for idiot
n.

early 14c., "person so mentally deficient as to be incapable of ordinaryreasoning;" also in Middle English "simple man, uneducated person,layman" (late 14c.), from Old French idiote "uneducated or ignorant person"(12c.), from Latin idiota "ordinary person, layman; outsider," in Late Latin"uneducated or ignorant person," from Greek idiotes "layman, personlacking professional skill" (opposed to writer, soldier, skilled workman),literally "private person (as opposed to one taking part in public affairs),"used patronizingly for "ignorant person," from idios "one's own" (see idiom).

Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a memberof Congress. But I repeat myself. [Mark Twain, c.1882]Idiot box "television set" is from 1959; idiot light "dashboard warningsignal" is attested from 1968. Idiot savant attested by 1870.

idiot in Medicine
idiot id·i·ot (ĭd'ē-ət)
n.
A person of profound mental retardation having a mental age below threeyears and generally being unable to learn connected speech or guardagainst common dangers. The term belongs to a classification system nolonger in use and is now considered offensive.

hutch1972

For me I am in the same boat here. Wasps don't have to work with us and it would certainly not be in their interests in the long term as it hinders their fixtures. At the moment they are putting up with us as they dont have a regular fan base so its basic guaranteed revenue. At some point this wont be required if they get the right volume of regular fans.
I would rather see us sign an extension sooner rather than later as we could risk seeing the same scenario that we have with the academy and left in an impossible position. Lets get another 5 years on the rental deal so it gives us breathing space but my gut feel is that Wasps wont go for this. They are playing the neutral party at the moment but lets not kid ourselves that this position wont change in two years time.
I disagree , wasps owe this whole city for or gifting them a purpose built stadium for peanuts and saving them from oblivion.
The fact is that the sale went through with certain guarantees about the effect on ccfc and crc. So far they have shown themselves to be as sly and underhand as our current owners and have showed nothing but total hypocrisy towards our position.
Regarding the legal action , in wasps own words last year they stated " it isn't our business " and continued to say it would not affect relations between the clubs.

Grendel

I think it was Dhinsa esque, wasn't this one something to do with no letterhead or was that another shite excuse in this saga.

No this was when some publicity seeking playboy got Mr Coventry and Mr £1 all excited and managed to get a personal tour of the ground by people who didn't own the club.

He then bids for the club safe in the knowledge he is the lowest bidder.

The trust loved him and probably still have signed pictures on their bedroom walls.

no_loyalty

No this was when some publicity seeking playboy got Mr Coventry and Mr £1 all excited and managed to get a personal tour of the ground by people who didn't own the club.

Agreed, he was used by the council to portray he would be our saviour

Grendel

I also can't see who in their right mind would want sisu to commit a long term deal at the Ricoh. It would make the club worthless with no hope of recovery - it would ensure sisu stay for the length of the term.

Otis

We need a shortish term deal. 10 years would do. Then if we were serious about building a stadium that gives us plenty of time to do so.

clint van damme

has anyone ever done any research regarding the possibility of a fans buy out? I' d imagine in our predicament it would be a very unlikely scenario.

Grendel

We need a shortish term deal. 10 years would do. Then if we were serious about building a stadium that gives us plenty of time to do so.

If no break clause still ensures no new owners.

Grendel

You would like to think this has been done by the trust

They tried to get regime change once. It resembled dads army trying to take over Berlin. Best not encourage them.

M&B Stand

The trust loved him and probably still have signed pictures on their bedroom walls.

Dhinsa was the sort of character Ricky Gervais would create.

RegTheDonk

Meanwhile, nobody asks Wasps what Legal Noise it is they speak of and they just keep rolling that line out...

It is Wasps refusing to talk about the Ricoh isn't it? It isn't the club running it down.

Thing is, Wasps will just say "nah mate, its all SISU" which means people go batshit mental about Joy Seppalla and Tim Fisher while the Wasps bloke is sat there pissing himself laughing.

No, bollocks to what WASPs are saying Nick that's a sideshow to the problem we've faced with SISU for years - if people think WASPs they are looking for excuses not to deal, then fuck them, lets get ready for Covexit - two years and counting: Fisher said if the Butts deal falls through, there is an alternative for both the club and the academy. Well, as many have said, show us the plan then. If they can actually do this and provide some kind of evidence that they are sincere for a change, I'll follow him to hell and back. Let him and Herman be grilled in the media for a proper answer to this typical off the cuff statement, more than likely another bluff to put pressure on every other party that CCFC will take their ball away in a huff.

Hobo

Let's face it only the most gullible of the gullible thought Yankee Doodle Haskell was ever going to consider buying the club.

And some gullible idiots said the Ricoh was a dead duck without Coventry and sneered when I said Wasps were interested.

sbadey

We will playing over coundon park soon if we're lucky, no assets, club falling out with everyone. Who would want to make business with a football club that drags their feet, moans about everything. We are a backwards thinking club. No one would touch us with a barge pole. What football club does not have their own stadium, training ground, academy, do we even own the club shop? Our ticket office is at a rugby ground Ffs, and all we can hope for is a new rental at either of the rugby stadiums. Joke of a club, ran by jokers. This is not the city I followed when I was a kid.
Glad your trying so hard to be positive and find a solution Martin

Sent from my Versus TouchPad 9 using Tapatalk

Grendel

And some gullible idiots said the Ricoh was a dead duck without Coventry and sneered when I said Wasps were interested.

Well no. They weren't interested at the price on offer or the lease period were they?

Hobo

I feel that I must remind you that you said that the Ricoh was a white elephant and that nobody else would be interested in buying it.

That's exactly what he said. His judgement is poor. His prediction of a smoking gun and then they lost it deliberately....farcical.

Grendel

I feel that I must remind you that you said that the Ricoh was a white elephant and that nobody else would be interested in buying it.

And I was correct. In the end it was sold for half the price that it was supposed to be worth and the lease extended 6 fold.

Everything has a value. We spent as much on Eastwood including wages as the Ricoh.

Definition of a white elephant id say.

Astute

And I was correct. In the end it was sold for half the price that it was supposed to be worth and the lease extended 6 fold.

Everything has a value. We spent as much on Eastwood including wages as the Ricoh.

Definition of a white elephant id say.
'Everyone agrees that the value of the arena is 5.5m and CCC loaned 14.4m to it' was lost again. So it has now become 'Everyone agrees that the value of the arena is 42m so CCC didn't charge Wasps enough.'

So you say that Wasps showed CCC years before the deal was done but call the arena a white elephant. But for the arena to have ever looked like a white elephant there would have to have a period of no money coming in and nobody willing to take it over.

Covstu

I disagree , wasps owe this whole city for or gifting them a purpose built stadium for peanuts and saving them from oblivion.
The fact is that the sale went through with certain guarantees about the effect on ccfc and crc. So far they have shown themselves to be as sly and underhand as our current owners and have showed nothing but total hypocrisy towards our position.
Regarding the legal action , in wasps own words last year they stated " it isn't our business " and continued to say it would not affect relations between the clubs.
Wasps took advantage of our poor relationship with the council, seen the opportunity and took it. All they 'owe' is to maintain the ground under the banner of ACL. It hurts but it isn't their place to clean up our mess. We all know they are underhand but they are certainly not portraying that image externally, most of the Coventry public seem to think the sun shines out of their arse.

Bruce the Boot

Wasps have looked after themselves ! shame Sisu have looked after themselves and not our club ..

Users who are viewing this thread