jackson (1 Viewer)

chinamans view

See he is back at the boro after loan end ,we now only have 4 loan players, poss new signing coming does anybody think.

rupert_bear

we have been linked to a Bournemouth midfielder, not been denied my very inaccurate contact seems to think it might happen

LB87ccfc

we have been linked to a Bournemouth midfielder, not been denied my very inaccurate contact seems to think it might happen

The same midfielder linked to Cardiff and Preston?

And the same contact in your head that thinks a stadium will be built still?

skybluesam66

The difficulty with getting anybody in at the moment is
a) you want them to be good enough to get in the team
b) At the same time you dont want to disrupt the balance

I guess the question is which positions would you look at

Maybe another top goalscorer
Maybe a right winger
Maybe a central defender

but it would have to be very selective

rupert_bear

Has he gone to Cardiff or Preston then ? didn't know that and when have i ever talked about new stadiums on here ? feckin muppet

Otis

Yep, looks like it. That's what TM said, that they'd used some player budget.

Skyblueweeman

just out of curiosity how much would it cost to put a squad up for the night plus grub plus use of conference rooms etc

See the away stays thread. That's my line of work but a quick (and average/rough) answer would be £1.5/2k for an overnight of a L1 squad in a 4* brand hotel with dinner, breakfast and lunch/pre-match meal.

WM

stupot07

just out of curiosity how much would it cost to put a squad up for the night plus grub plus use of conference rooms etc

You'd imagine 20-22 players travel (18 squad plus 1-2 in case of injuries)

8-10 others: Mowbray, Clapham, oggy, another 1-2 coaches, physio, doctor, Kitman, Comms, PA?

The players would share, not sure if the manager, etc would. So potentially 20-21 rooms at c£100 per room, plus £750-1k for the coach, £50 per head food and drinks (supper, breakfast & pre match meal plus charge for conference facilities . Must cost c£4-4.5k for somewhere like the Hilton in cov, or £2.5-3k for a premier inn type place.

Which is why they usually just travel on the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

You'd imagine 20-22 players travel (18 squad plus 1-2 in case of injuries)

8-10 others: Mowbray, Clapham, oggy, another 1-2 coaches, physio, doctor, Kitman, Comms, PA?

The players would share, not sure if the manager, etc would. So potentially 20-21 rooms at c£100 per room, plus £750-1k for the coach, £50 per head food and drinks (supper, breakfast & pre match meal plus charge for conference facilities . Must cost c£4-4.5k for somewhere like the Hilton in cov, or £2.5-3k for a premier inn type place.

Which is why they usually just travel on the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Weeman said he worked in the area and it would cost 1.5-2k a match + travel costs (which we'd be paying either way if we travel on day or day before).

shmmeee

The difficulty with getting anybody in at the moment is
a) you want them to be good enough to get in the team
b) At the same time you dont want to disrupt the balance

I guess the question is which positions would you look at

Maybe another top goalscorer
Maybe a right winger
Maybe a central defender

but it would have to be very selective

Right back.

We've only really got Philips there. I'd like someone in on loan who is solid at least until Willis returns. Not that Martin or Ricketts have done anything wrong, I just think playing all your half decent defenders at once is asking for trouble.

wingy

Right back.

We've only really got Philips there. I'd like someone in on loan who is solid at least until Willis returns. Not that Martin or Ricketts have done anything wrong, I just think playing all your half decent defenders at once is asking for trouble.
Midfield
Just what Is there If Vincent or Fleck get Injured.

stupot07

Weeman said he worked in the area and it would cost 1.5-2k a match + travel costs (which we'd be paying either way if we travel on day or day before).

Fair enough £55-65 per person for all that is pretty cheap, doubt I could find a 4* bed, breakfast, lunch and dinner for that. I guess there will be a block booking discount.

Skyblueweeman

Fair enough £55-65 per person for all that is pretty cheap, doubt I could find a 4* bed, breakfast, lunch and dinner for that. I guess there will be a block booking discount.

Bear in mind, L1 and L2 clubs twin up quite a lot to keep costs down. It also depends on which night of the week as well. Tuesday nights command more than a Friday for example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skyblueweeman

Oh, and those rates are plus VAT. So Stupot, your estimates would take it to about £130-£160 per room. Can be higher, can be lower depending on hotel in question. P.League requirements are greater so overall cost a lot higher.

Skyblueweeman

Anyway, back on topic, I don't reckon we'll bring anyone else to replace Jackson. He's not really been involved has he?

Users who are viewing this thread