Jacob Murphy (1 Viewer)

Grendel

123 games
43 goals

Goal every 2.8 games that's a fantastic strike rate.

Since leaving us on loan then permanent

Cody McDonald
Cody McDonald
Personal information
Full name
Cody Darren John McDonald[1]
Date of birth 30 May 1986 (age 30)[1]
Place of birth Witham, England
Height 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)[1]
Playing position Striker
Club information
Current team

Gillingham
Number 10
Youth career
Valley Swifts
Senior career*
Years
Team Apps (Gls)
2003–2008
Witham Town 83 (48)
2008 Maldon Town 2 (1)
2008–2009 Dartford 15 (14)
2009–2011 Norwich City 24 (4)
2010–2011Gillingham (loan) 41 (25)
2011–2013 Coventry City 43 (7)
2013Gillingham (loan) 7 (4)
2013– Gillingham 116 (39)
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 10 September 2016 (UTC).

That is a fantastic strike rate? Really? Also its still not correct. Check Soccerbase in future. Anyway its 7 in 43 where it mattered and he was fucking useless

Brylowes

I didn't like to mention " the messiah " by his name ! For me up there with the worst players I have ever seen in a sky blue shirt , a complete faker as a footballer
Worst players in a skyblues shirt, FFS man what are you on about TM didn't see eye to eye
With him and wanted him out, I have no issue with that after all he's the boss and it's his call,
But one of the worst "behave yourself"
Italia horse is another , Robbie Keane also .None have posted since Saturday at 5 pm
so have I got this right , you're calling people out for not posting since 5pm Saturday because
They are pissed off we turned our season around by drawing 1-1 at Millwall. LOL

Grendel

Only 35-40 years , tell me what he did that was so great ? Apart from always being out of position , constantly berating younger players and almost playing for himself in attacking areas of the pitch

But he did run around a lot

To suggest then he was worse than lets say John Gayle, Leigh Jenkinson, Martin Jol, Julien Darby, Sandy Robertson, Graham Withey, Dave Bamber, Dave Bowman, Martin Lane, Paul Edwards, Kevin Drinkell, Paul Thompson, Andy Spring, Peter Hormantchuck is a bit silly and I have not even gone below "top flight" players - don't you agree?

skyblue025

Glad you got Paul Edwards on that list. He was truly abysmal. How he made a living as a professional footballer still mystify`s me to this day.

Back to thread, Jacob Murphy good player with plenty of potential.

Hobo

To suggest then he was worse than lets say John Gayle, Leigh Jenkinson, Martin Jol, Julien Darby, Sandy Robertson, Graham Withey, Dave Bamber, Dave Bowman, Martin Lane, Paul Edwards, Kevin Drinkell, Paul Thompson, Andy Spring, Peter Hormantchuck is a bit silly and I have not even gone below "top flight" players - don't you agree?

You are right to have John Gayle top of the pile of a useless list, but you seem to have overlooked Gary Collier?

clint van damme

He does nt play for us anymore so am i bothered that he scored for another team. I do nt trawl through other teams results to see if ex players score. Especially if they re not even if out league.
pusb
It bothers me that we have moronic elements in our support who can shatter the confidence of much needed creative players because they're to stupid to see how important they are to the team though.

Esoterica

We have a large portion of our fan base that have had 35 years of top level football to watch. Whilst spoilt by this on the one hand, on the other, tortured by scrapping around for points in the bottom half of the table for most of those seasons. The hard working footballer was a staple diet of those days and not the intricacies of a young mercurial talent like Murphy (like Snoz said: Coventry City have shopped at Woolworth’s for too long). Combine that with being pretty terrible at bringing our own youth through during that time and therefore not much exposure to the influence a crowd can have on a young developing player, along with an increasing bitterness with the farce of post-relegation and then SISU, then I think we're getting close to why we are the way we are as a fanbase. Add into that the amount the game has chased since the PL started (money, foreign influence, fitness levels etc) then it's almost understandable why we're stuck in a timewarp.

covcity4life

I think that was the point of the opening thread in this topic.
lol turned into nonsense since then

iamgine we had got promoted last year and norwich stayed in prem. we might be in championship with murphy armstrong and maddison

that said we had all 3 last year and didnt get out of league 1 lol

dongonzalos

No which as much as I like our team(first 11) this year. That frightens me.
Think we got a lot of good grace last season based on who TM is.

covcity4life

call it a learning experience. tm will know more about toll league 1 season can take on players.

also we have lots of options upfront so when jm and aa went off boil it hurt us but maybe not this year

for all we know wright g thomas agyei could be the dream team lol

Grendel

No which as much as I like our team(first 11) this year. That frightens me.
Think we got a lot of good grace last season based on who TM is.

More a failing of Mowbray that he still couldn't get a top 6 finish even with those players at his disposal.

Chip Batch

Murphy had a poor second half of the season last year no doubt, but it was obvious he had talent and could do things the rest of them couldn't. Still got a load of shit though even though he was (is) young and was finding his feet in his first season of first team football at a professional level. He ran out of steam in the second half of the season, as did Armstrong.

Still, let's not cut him any slack
BOOOO! BOOOO!

From actual grown adults too - middle-aged men. Those that did it want to have a fucking look at yourselves and get a grip. Absolutely pathetic.

Bloke and his wife about halfway back in block 24 in front of me were particularly bad. Ended up moving seats this year as I couldn't face another season of listening to them idiots moaning about anything and everything. I suppose it's probably their chance to vent about their miserable existence.

Terry Gibson's perm

I enjoyed watching him as you didn't know what he would do next. He did get tired out by over playing The loan system has worked well for him, hope he has a good season partly because I wouldn't want for our current dude to have to play against him in the league.

sbadey

More a failing of Mowbray that he still couldn't get a top 6 finish even with those players at his disposal.
I will wait to see if Murphy can sustain this form for the whole season, also id like to see those waving arm tantrum actions disappear from his game. Other than those things he will quite soon become a really good player, if he does leave those traits behind and become a consistant player it asks questions why TM and our coaching team failed to help him eliminate those things from his game.

Sent from my Versus TouchPad 9 using Tapatalk

Gazolba

It doesn't matter that he was no good, it only matters that the opposition thought he was good so he kept defenders busy while other people scored. Same thing with Kent (actually, more so with Kent).

trevelfarandwide

Different gravy that lad. Was shot of confidence and burned out second half of the season. But the goals he scores and his pace is amazing. That performance against gillingham at home was right up there.

Good luck to the lad
Exactly this.

Overall, his season with us was a success, and by God I'd have him back if only for 6 months. Was it 9 or 10 goals he scored for us?

Covstu

Fucking hell, 3 pages of the usual shite. Just posting on this one so I am not considered 'missing'!!

Users who are viewing this thread