Transfer Rumour Jamie Patterson (1 Viewer)

higgs

You get influenced by the Cov connection… but then you remember he has had this opportunity before and now he’s the weaker partner in this relationship he wants to sign ( or maybe he hasn’t even crossed MRs mind and we aren’t on JPs radar)!!!!
I'd say we weren't in a position to match the other wage offers in the past it could be a timing issue. Once we don't give him a 3 yr deal he could do a job for a season until cal o hare is back but ideally I'd like todd cantwell

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

skybluepm2

Don’t think we’d be signing Paterson if O’Hare hadn’t got the bad injury.

Limited options in January - would prefer the high potential PL cast off or L1/2 young star, but this might work out. Local guy, knows where the goal is. Let’s see

I agree there would be no need for Paterson if COH had remained fit. Saying that, I believe Burnley would’ve have come back in for him and he’d have been on his way. Ideally, we need someone to take us through to the end of the season in the hope that O’Hare can make a relatively speedy recovery, and be available from September(ish) onwards.

Then again, I’m not a huge fan of relying on 4/5 loan signings to make up the starting XI which appears to be where we are heading.

Difficult one. How would we accommodate O’Hare, Palmer & Paterson in the same squad to give them sufficient game time next season? 🤷🏻‍♂️

ProfessorbyGrace

Speaking of Burnley, if they renew their interest in COH when he’s recovered, we’d do well to try and get Twine as a makeweight in whatever deal is potentially laid out.
Hell of a player, what was it, 20 goals and however many assists in 47 games from midfield for MK Dons?

Could do with a midfielder with an eye for goal, but can also link the midfield to the attack, which COH does immensely well on the whole.

skybluereeve

Speaking of Burnley, if they renew their interest in COH when he’s recovered, we’d do well to try and get Twine as a makeweight in whatever deal is potentially laid out.
Hell of a player, what was it, 20 goals and however many assists in 47 games from midfield for MK Dons?

Could do with a midfielder with an eye for goal, but can also link the midfield to the attack, which COH does immensely well on the whole.
Not done much there by all accounts though? I do like like him but has he done much?

Londonccfcfan

I agree there would be no need for Paterson if COH had remained fit. Saying that, I believe Burnley would’ve have come back in for him and he’d have been on his way. Ideally, we need someone to take us through to the end of the season in the hope that O’Hare can make a relatively speedy recovery, and be available from September(ish) onwards.

Then again, I’m not a huge fan of relying on 4/5 loan signings to make up the starting XI which appears to be where we are heading.

Difficult one. How would we accommodate O’Hare, Palmer & Paterson in the same squad to give them sufficient game time next season? 🤷🏻‍♂️
That would be a great problem to have and would need all 3 over a 46 game season. They would all get game time.

ProfessorbyGrace

Not done much there by all accounts though? I do like like him but has he done much?
Well, not this season, no. Last season, different story altogether. If he’s clashing with the manager, or he’s fallen out of favour, he’d be an extra body to a frail City squad.

But again, if his legs have gone, I trust MR will not even blink in his direction.

Hobo

Paterson turned club down once and doesn’t deserve another chance

I’d be more interested in Liam Walsh who I can’t believe how bad his career has been after cov, was our best player when he was with us

Walsh isnt even fully fit. Still doing rehab training from a ruptured Achilles tendon in July. Not even back in full training and no gaurantee he won't have another set back yet?

stupot07

Strange case Walsh he was excellent here everything you want in that type of midfield player. Was it the Robins influence ? sometimes players just gel at a club, Mark McNulty for instance.
Probably more that league one was good level and like Dabo, he physically can't cope with the demands of championship football hence the amount of time he has spent out I injured.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

stupot07

Paterson turned club down once and doesn’t deserve another chance

I’d be more interested in Liam Walsh who I can’t believe how bad his career has been after cov, was our best player when he was with us
Why would we want to sign someone who is has proven to be not physically or technically good for the championship. Hes now 25 and played a total of just 11 championship games in 2.5 years since leaving us.

He was great in league one for us, but it is well beyond the time to move on.
f180d2fefffc85571940d43105b372d6.jpg

SkyBlue_Bear83

Agree, loan to end of season would be ok. Seems silly to be spending money on a player who will likely be surplus to requirements in 18-24 months time

Sky Blue Harry H

We signed O'Hare for nothing. Doesn't mean another club shouldn't pay a fee for him. I agree there may be little resale value, but a decent player could mean the difference between battling for the play offs or battling to avoid relegation, particularly with a small squad. Forgetting this season, he may be a very useful player to have around next season.

stupot07

We signed O'Hare for nothing. Doesn't mean another club shouldn't pay a fee for him. I agree there may be little resale value, but a decent player could mean the difference between battling for the play offs or battling to avoid relegation, particularly with a small squad. Forgetting this season, he may be a very useful player to have around next season.
O'Hare isn't 31 and deemed surplus to requirements at the club.

SBT

John Birky is most likely not a real person, so I wouldn’t get too excited over the £400k part just yet.

SBAndy

£400k sounds about right - it will in essence be paying up the rest of his contract (works out to around £15k a week). Imagine we’ll then have him on reduced terms and Swansea will top up til the end of the contract.

JonesBob

Paterson is a good player if we were expecting to be a yoyo club between the championship and Div 1, which I do not think is our intention. The problem with the top end of the Championship is that quite a few teams have been in the Premier and so have some Premier level players who are fit and quick. That is why players like Dabo, Godden, Shipley, Kane and many others would not be suitable for a team trying to become established in the Championship and challenge for the play offs. The same can be said for our U23 or U21 teams, the level is just too high. Of the players loaned out by top Premier teams maybe 1 in 50 will eventually end up playing in the first team of their parent club, the lads who are coming to us from Man City or Arsenal, there is more change of them staying permanently with us than them reaching the dizzy highs of the Premier.
Our biggest asset is AV and MR because they are the only ones at CCFC who could achieve in the Premiership. I love MR as he is street smart and clever smart. He knows what to say to the media and the fans even if he doesn't believe what he is saying. The only reason we are a good championship team is because of them, OHare, Hamer or even Vik will never have the belief shown to them if they left us and it's no coincidence Walsh and James are not setting the world alight elsewhere.
Thank God for MR and AV.

slowpoke

Don’t know if it’s true but £400k for Paterson would be a bargain for a player of his proven ability and experience and permanent too, I reckon it leaves scope for another permanent and we also have another loan space which I reckon Robins’s will use up. That could be five in, two stiffs out and Godden & Eccles back in training suddenly our first team & sub bench look a lot stronger.

Tommo1993

Don’t know if it’s true but £400k for Paterson would be a bargain for a player of his proven ability and experience and permanent too, I reckon it leaves scope for another permanent and we also have another loan space which I reckon Robins’s will use up. That could be five in, two stiffs out and Godden & Eccles back in training suddenly our first team & sub bench look a lot stronger.
Better deal for them than it is for us. Not saying I don’t wanna sign him, but almost half a million profit for them is better than us splashing that on him. Just an opinion.

SBT

Don’t know if it’s true but £400k for Paterson would be a bargain for a player of his proven ability and experience and permanent too
How is it a bargain for a 31 year-old who moved on a free transfer last season and has hardly played this year?

Not that the £400k is even true, of course.

slowpoke

Paterson is a good player if we were expecting to be a yoyo club between the championship and Div 1, which I do not think is our intention. The problem with the top end of the Championship is that quite a few teams have been in the Premier and so have some Premier level players who are fit and quick. That is why players like Dabo, Godden, Shipley, Kane and many others would not be suitable for a team trying to become established in the Championship and challenge for the play offs. The same can be said for our U23 or U21 teams, the level is just too high. Of the players loaned out by top Premier teams maybe 1 in 50 will eventually end up playing in the first team of their parent club, the lads who are coming to us from Man City or Arsenal, there is more change of them staying permanently with us than them reaching the dizzy highs of the Premier.
Our biggest asset is AV and MR because they are the only ones at CCFC who could achieve in the Premiership. I love MR as he is street smart and clever smart. He knows what to say to the media and the fans even if he doesn't believe what he is saying. The only reason we are a good championship team is because of them, OHare, Hamer or even Vik will never have the belief shown to them if they left us and it's no coincidence Walsh and James are not setting the world alight elsewhere.
Thank God for MR and AV.
You are right regarding these youngsters at the big boys. Man City have some real talent in the youth and reserve set ups but how they get in the first team squad let alone the first team which is almost a world best squad god knows, they have a £100 million England star (Grealish) warming the bench most games but Phil Foden has so he’s become these youngsters bench mark I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread