January Transfer Window (2 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

And?
How does that detract from my observation?

We face a genuine problem if this level of spending is the limit if we end up spending most of the season in relegation form or close to it.

CCFCBat

Signings made for the youth team in L2 and the squad in L1 are comparable to a small outlay to actually have a shot at the championship playoffs.

Allen has signed a new contract he MAY be on a better contract that when he signed in L1. I.e he signed a new contract as a championship player.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

Abramovich and Mansour aside, which club isn’t doing this? If you think this is anything other than a business to 95% of owners then you’re in the wrong sport.

Most other owners at worst provide loans at 0% interest, fairly common is to write it off as an equity conversion. We're being jacked at high interest meaning that if we actually get a bumper sale for a player it'll go on those payments and not back to the squad

NorthernWisdom

Not really how investment works in my opinion. Throwing short term money at something that is already performing above market value makes little sense - as the outcome is likely to be the same (slim chance of playoffs - big chance of midtable). We're getting good bang for our buck at the moment, throwing more money at it takes away some of the 'bang'. I've had a beer after muay thai training so might be chatting shit ;)
Amazingly I agree with you. Let's not make a habit of it.

shmmeee

Not really how investment works in my opinion. Throwing short term money at something that is already performing above market value makes little sense - as the outcome is likely to be the same (slim chance of playoffs - big chance of midtable). We're getting good bang for our buck at the moment, throwing more money at it takes away some of the 'bang'. I've had a beer after muay thai training so might be chatting shit ;)

Just saying I’d rather throw a million at Robins than Thorn

Liquid Gold

Allen has signed a new contract he MAY be on a better contract that when he signed in L1. I.e he signed a new contract as a championship player.

We signed them initially in a lower league.

We're not even asking for a signing here, a loan to cover our most important player is like we're asking for prime Maradona or something.

samccov1987

With all the departures and by the looks of it no signing we’re going to limp to a mid table finish. We can all see the squad is stretched now.

Given sisu are all about paying their own interest rates is Hamer worth more now or in the summer with a year left on his contract?

Hope I’m wrong but feel a kick in the teeth coming.

oldfiver

Most other owners at worst provide loans at 0% interest, fairly common is to write it off as an equity conversion. We're being jacked at high interest meaning that if we actually get a bumper sale for a player it'll go on those payments and not back to the squad

Clocking up interest is is not the same as taking out. Alot of other clubs are actually charged stadium rents or management charges

CCFCBat

We signed them initially in a lower league.

We're not even asking for a signing here, a loan to cover our most important player is like we're asking for prime Maradona or something.

So you’d be happy if we just got a name in, doesn’t matter who he was or how good he was. Perhaps if MR would have found the player you are dreaming of we would have made a signing but perhaps he hadn’t.

Liquid Gold

So you’d be happy if we just got a name in, doesn’t matter who he was or how good he was. Perhaps if MR would have found the player your dreaming of we would have made a signing but perhaps he hadn’t.

I want us to have a squad to compete in this league. Reflective of us being in the top 10 for attendances, reflective of us having drastically reduced the numbers of deadwood.

Shame you don't see MR as deserving that.

Brighton Sky Blue

So you’d be happy if we just got a name in, doesn’t matter who he was or how good he was. Perhaps if MR would have found the player you are dreaming of we would have made a signing but perhaps he hadn’t.

Well it's more to do with the fact we've got about one player capable of playing at AM and been exceptionally fortunate he hasn't been injured.

Saddlebrains

Well il be bedwetting

Irrelevant wether were chasing play offs or not.

We have 1 attacking midfielder of any quality. To not get another is criminal.

I refuse to believe we dont have the budget. Numerous Sky games, average attendances way higher than expected, progressed to a 4th round tie in the cup at a prem side, merchandise flying off the shelves (judging by the club not having certain letters in stock and the amount you see about the city)

I've defended sisu for the last few years but im royally pissed off with this shit show of a window.

8 players gone.

1 in.

Thats not trimming the squad thats taking the piss

Grendel

They haven’t “invested” any money. I think OSB calculated the amounts invested was £32 million. Most of that still resides in loans and interest deferrals - around £20 million - they have diminished our asset base and funded the club through transfer credits - so being charitable the amount is what £12 million over 15 years? We all know this was a 5 year project that went pop very early on. It’s a disaster and it’s not getting better

oldfiver

Well il be bedwetting

Irrelevant wether were chasing play offs or not.

We have 1 attacking midfielder of any quality. To not get another is criminal.

I refuse to believe we dont have the budget. Numerous Sky games, average attendances way higher than expected, progressed to a 4th round tie in the cup at a prem side, merchandise flying off the shelves (judging by the club not having certain letters in stock and the amount you see about the city)

I've defended sisu for the last few years but im royally pissed off with this shit show of a window.

8 players gone.

1 in.

Thats not trimming the squad thats taking the piss

The merchandise thing is a red herring - the club benefits <10% net

Users who are viewing this thread