January Transfer Window (2 Viewers)

oldfiver

It says here O'Hare signed a new contract, I don't read that as an extension to an existing contract.
I think it's fair to assume an increase in pay, however that may not start until the end of his existing contract.

Its a revision to the existing contract- the new pay level starts on signing it

Grendel

SBT

"which always makes you nervous because at that stage you have no chance of replacing the player, should you get the significant bid that is acceptable to either the player or the club."

Spoken like someone who absolutely, really doesn't want anyone to make a 5 million bid for one of our best players, because we really wouldn't be happy about immediately accepting it, oh no.

SSB

Spoken like someone who absolutely, really doesn't want anyone to make a 5 million bid for one of our best players, because we really wouldn't be happy about immediately accepting it, oh no.

This is the quote that made me chuckle.

“We then had a tentative inquiry on deadline day for one of our key players, which always makes you nervous because at that stage you have no chance of replacing the player, should you get the significant bid that is acceptable to either the player or the club."

Think he spelt excited wrong.

Esoterica

Jesus wept. Does the man have no shame.
I mean what the fuck does he have to be nervous about? If he's nervous, he is admitting he has been told we have to sell if a certain valuation was met which is an admission he's not really in control OR it's just a PR soundbite to try and distract from the issue that Robins has no money. Either way it's not a good look.

SSB

I mean what the fuck does he have to be nervous about? If he's nervous, he is admitting he has been told we have to sell if a certain valuation was met which is an admission he's not really in control OR it's just a PR soundbite to try and distract from the issue that Robins has no money. Either way it's not a good look.

He's not in control, he simply runs the day to day stuff. He'll have targets to meet as all the other commercial staff will. His priority will be streamlining cashflow as much as is realistically possible and ensuring there's enough in the bank to pay the bills.

The only thing he'll be nervous about is how he's planning on repaying the EFL loan (which I'm guessing they're going to need to pay off in stages) and the debt/interest charges to SISU.

Sky Blue Pete

I suppose nervous about having to make a decision about accepting or not. He’s trying to speak as a fan when he’s not a fan.

larry_david

Fairly respectable offer for a fringe player who's featured 5 times all season. What was the reason for the bid being turned down?
6 figures for a player who's featured only when we're in dire straights with injury in the squad, i'd have said cheers see ya later.

Sky Blue Pete

Fairly respectable offer for a fringe player who's featured 5 times all season. What was the reason for the bid being turned down?
Sorry I was being funny as 6 figs could be from 100000 to 999999 and I’ve no idea what the actual offer was. I’m pretty sure Shipley has played his way back into the squad with his performances at Peterboro and Stoke

SlowerThanPlatt

“We can all play Football Manager and want to bring a striker in or a midfield player to get us goals to push towards the play-off places,” said Boddy.

“However, these such players come in at a significant cost, both in terms of transfer fees and wages, and with no guarantee it’s going to bring you the end result that you were looking for.

Are we banned from loans?

Liquid Gold

We’ve just sent most of a team out on loan and contributed to their wages. Is it an impossible concept that we bring in a player in the same way.

SeaSeeEffCee

Well if you take a look at Twitter they've managed to con most fans on there into believing that simply not selling players = a good window, so it's no surprise that these mythical 'significant bids' keep getting brought up.

SSB

Well if you take a look at Twitter they've managed to con most fans on there into believing that simply not selling players = a good window, so it's no surprise that these mythical 'significant bids' keep getting brought up.

It's also funny how he's also convinced a chunk of the fanbase that the club are so resilient with their asking price for players as well.

I'd imagine if their resolve had actually been tested, it would've taken a lot less than £5m for them to cash in.

SSB

Such a bullshit article. He talks about “only loans in January” as if that’s not a viable option. Then blathers on about ex Prem teams like we’re asking to spend like Bournemouth. Straight out of this thread.

Yeah , it's weird how 17 teams other than Bournemouth managed to bring in more than one player during the window.

One loan signing to support O'Hare who gets kicked the shit out of every other week isn't asking the club to liquidate itself on the spot. Such an idiotic arguement to make.

SeaSeeEffCee

I’m sure that if there were bids for Hamer and O’Hare that their agents definitely wouldn’t have leaked them to the press, especially given that both were/are in contract negotiations. Agents famously never leak bids from over clubs for leverage during contract negotiations.

fernandopartridge

Yeah , it's weird how 17 teams other than Bournemouth managed to bring in more than one player during the window.

One loan signing to support O'Hare who gets kicked the shit out of every other week isn't asking the club to liquidate itself on the spot. Such an idiotic arguement to make.

I know it's Bright but presumably Robins didn't sign him for nothing. Where is his replacement?

Liquid Gold

I know it's Bright but presumably Robins didn't sign him for nothing. Where is his replacement?
I was trying to work out what Bright would have been on the other day. Even if it was only £3k a week then we would have made a huge budget saving considering he was only here for a couple of months.

Greggs

I'd assume the narrative is that all available funds went on renewing the contracts/Bidwell.

It's clearly the one they're sticking to as justification.
what's your narrative though?

Users who are viewing this thread