JCS (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

None of them are better in goal 😁

Seriously, there are other areas of the team that need strengthening before we look at replacing Moore. And given our financial limitations I'm sure we aren't looking to add any competition for him either permanently or on loan.

We need LWB, LCB, AMF, CF, before looking at a keeper (imho)
Not to mention a few other players in various positions to off load somehow.

First two I’d agree. AM we’ve signed Palmer by all accounts so wasn’t counting that. I’d take a CF on loan who offered something different, but I wouldn’t replace our two first choice CFs ahead of Moore.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

None of them are better in goal 😁

Seriously, there are other areas of the team that need strengthening before we look at replacing Moore. And given our financial limitations I'm sure we aren't looking to add any competition for him either permanently or on loan.

We need LWB, LCB, AMF, CF, before looking at a keeper (imho)
Not to mention a few other players in various positions to off load somehow.
Agreed, I think for the time being Im comfortable with the goalkeeping department no obvious areas in need of improvement there at the moment, we need to focus on bulking up the squad with more strength in depth for the time being

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I think the obvious areas where we need players are LWB, CB, AM, ST
Probably need 1/2 LWBs dependant on where we will be using Bidwell, maybe Abdul Rahman Baba or Lee Buchanan,
2 CBs definitely a LCB and a suitor for Fadz, I’d like Barbett and maybe Michael Hector,
A young AM who can fill in whenever Palmer or O’hare are unavailable although I reckon Dinanga, Bapaga or Rus could potentially do that,
ST we need someone different there that adds a new dimension to our game and can play off Gyokeres, maybe someone like Plange or Maja

shmmeee

Talking about Moore, nice GK stats thread going here:

Basically he’s top 7 for distribution, mid table to bottom half for saves.

SkyBlueMatt

I'd have liked him to sign for us but not overly bothered he didn't. He did well but wasn't a revelation, I'm sure we can find someone who can do the same job.
I heard the same thing
But @Skybluebeliever said more recently that there was a possibility JCS move might be back on as his other option(s) had fallen through
Tbh I have no issues with JCS going to QPR if the offer suited him better
Players learn quickly how ruthless football is
And it's not just the clubs, fans can turn quickly too
I hope you're not including fans of Coventry City, especially not those on this forum. Who wouldn't dream of turning on a player!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Would've been nice to get him, but don't feel he's irreplaceable. Showed how useful a left-footed LCB is, so I'm sure we're looking at others.

If he wanted reasonably high wages and his injury record continued as it has in the past I feel we could possibly get better VFH elsewhere (provided we get the right players)

The Philosopher

I think we’ve missed out.

His signing on fee would I guess have been less than a transfer fee for an equivalent player. Plus, his age meant he would have immediate transfer value on the books.

Plus, the hours of time he’s spent getting in sync with our system and teammates should never be underestimated.

However, if his wage demands were too high then paying him may have caused disharmony amongst the squad.

Catch 23.

stupot07

I think we’ve missed out.

His signing on fee would I guess have been less than a transfer fee for an equivalent player. Plus, his age meant he would have immediate transfer value on the books.

Plus, the hours of time he’s spent getting in sync with our system and teammates should never be underestimated.

However, if his wage demands were too high then paying him may have caused disharmony amongst the squad.

Catch 23.
He completed his signing for QPR yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread