JDS (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

Not sure, Nixon tends to be correct but not always and this will likely be agents spreading gossip - maybe because he knows we are in the market for a new LB and JDS won't be to be on the bench too much

I think Bidwell will go, the Peterborough lad will come in, and it will be between him and Dasilva.

Which is a shame, I'd like it to be Bidwell and the other lad, (whoever it may be).

clint van damme

You heard something about Burrows Clint?

Weren't there rumours on here we had an option on him?
Also rumours Bidwells off so I think it's fair to say a new LB will be coming in. Whether it's Burrows or not I've no Idea.
And that's of course if you discount the JDS to Germany rumours!

shmmeee

Had some nightmare games defensively. Really did well against Man Utd as a substitute. That's shows he has talent. He did so well coming on "cold" into that match.

If Bidwell is a 6/7 out of 10 each game, Dasilva is an 4/8. When he’s good he’s excellent, mostly going forwards, and you can see why we got him. When he’s bad he’s dreadful.

The watchmaker

He can’t defend. But a great trait for a defender
This may be true but he can play football. We are weak defensively down our left partly because we play Wright in front of the LB. In the right set up he may be able to perform to a high level. It may be one of those where moving him on suits all parties.

Mucca Mad Boys

If Bidwell is a 6/7 out of 10 each game, Dasilva is an 4/8. When he’s good he’s excellent, mostly going forwards, and you can see why we got him. When he’s bad he’s dreadful.

That’s a fair assessment. I do think JDS could really kick on for us and can see why he was favoured over Bidwell early in the season.

If Lati or JDS were sold to some of the teams mooted, I wouldn’t be mad at all. They’re still both good players.

napolimp

That’s a fair assessment. I do think JDS could really kick on for us and can see why he was favoured over Bidwell early in the season.

If Lati or JDS were sold to some of the teams mooted, I wouldn’t be mad at all. They’re still both good players.

The number of times this season that the ball was either played over the top, or down the inside, of Dasilva this season with him seemingly stuck in no mans land, really concerned me. Showed a complete lack of awareness.

Mucca Mad Boys

The number of times this season that the ball was either played over the top, or down the inside, of Dasilva this season with him seemingly stuck in no mans land, really concerned me. Showed a complete lack of awareness.
Yes and MR’s comments about defending apply to JDS as much as anyone. Tactically, our defending isn’t where it needs to be either.

Plenty of work to be done in preseason because despite all the individual errors, our defending has not been good enough from a tactical point of view too.

Legia Sky Blue

Trouble with Dasilva is that he was brought into play as a wing back and not a full back, and his defensive deficiencies are too easily exposed when he plays in a back 4. Unless we return to play with wing backs instead of full backs I just can't see him fitting in next season. From what I've read about the Peterborough lad his weakness seems to be defensive too so I'm not sure he would be a good fit either. Not based on any inside information but I've had a gut feeling for a while that MR might return to McAllum. Getting him back on a free transfer would also have the additional bonus of freeing up more transfer funds for other positions.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If Bidwell does leave we'd need to be in the market for two LB's. Dasilva cannot be considered as a viable option for this position as he's just got too many defensive deficiencies. Maybe he could be used as back up for LF?

Malaka

If Bidwell does leave we'd need to be in the market for two LB's. Dasilva cannot be considered as a viable option for this position as he's just got too many defensive deficiencies. Maybe he could be used as back up for LF?
Heard last week he wasn't being offered a new contract.

ptr

Way too many people have said about backup for forward position. He’s scored two in his whole career. No thanks.

BlueSkiesForever

I hope we move Dasilva on, we tried it and I personally don’t think it’s worked out. He’s pretty small and I just don’t see what particular qualities he possesses that other LBs in the league don’t also have.

There’s a lot of talk about this Burroughs bloke but I’m wary about getting another defender from a league 1 team, like is this our new model? Buy semi-decent players from league 1 and hope it works out? We’re in a cracking position to do well next season, I hope we’re aiming a lot higher than signing another geezer from Peterborough, there’s just so many other leagues out there, I’m getting a bit sick of being promised the earth with the “potential” that league 1 players can bring.

rob9872

I hope we move Dasilva on, we tried it and I personally don’t think it’s worked out. He’s pretty small and I just don’t see what particular qualities he possesses that other LBs in the league don’t also have.

There’s a lot of talk about this Burroughs bloke but I’m wary about getting another defender from a league 1 team, like is this our new model? Buy semi-decent players from league 1 and hope it works out? We’re in a cracking position to do well next season, I hope we’re aiming a lot higher than signing another geezer from Peterborough, there’s just so many other leagues out there, I’m getting a bit sick of being promised the earth with the “potential” that league 1 players can bring.
Burrows from Peterborough is more than that though. I do agree with your general point on L1 model, but this lad is player of the season, 22, captain and links up well with Ephron on that same side. Very well thought of and Prem teams looking at him too. Peterborough academy and local lad, so think our best chance of landing him is if they don't get promoted.

Jamesimus

Can see what other teams see in JDS. He’s very comfortable in possession (maybe a little too comfortable) and generally good on ball.

However, he’s made some high profile mistakes with us, seems blissfully unaware of defensive dangers at times and maybe I’m being a little critical here but looks like if he could shift a bit of timber he’d be half a yard quicker. I also don’t particularly rate him going forwards.

For the right team he could come good, don’t think the right team is us though and I’d rather keep Bidwell who’s a much better athlete and although lacks the ability in possession, he is brave, direct and can defend.

djr8369

Weren't there rumours on here we had an option on him?
Also rumours Bidwells off so I think it's fair to say a new LB will be coming in. Whether it's Burrows or not I've no Idea.
And that's of course if you discount the JDS to Germany rumours!
I don’t think they were rumours just guessing

Grendel

Can see what other teams see in JDS. He’s very comfortable in possession (maybe a little too comfortable) and generally good on ball.

However, he’s made some high profile mistakes with us, seems blissfully unaware of defensive dangers at times and maybe I’m being a little critical here but looks like if he could shift a bit of timber he’d be half a yard quicker. I also don’t particularly rate him going forwards.H

For the right team he could come good, don’t think the right team is us though and I’d rather keep Bidwell who’s a much better athlete and although lacks the ability in possession, he is brave, direct and can defend.

He also is hopelessly one footed - even more than Bidwell

fatso

Had some nightmare games defensively. Really did well against Man Utd as a substitute. That's shows he has talent. He did so well coming on "cold" into that match.
He came on in the 80th minute, so yea, he had an amazing game! 10 minutes plus extra time against a tired opposition.
Fuckin amazing.

Terry Gibson's perm

Burrows will only have a year on his contract though, assuming they take up the option to extend
Peterborough are going to have a queue of clubs for him they won’t be giving him away, I am not a massive McCallum fan but he fills a gap at little cost and we have more pressing areas to be spending

Users who are viewing this thread