joe Coles goal (1 Viewer)

chinamans view

world class goal, but do we need him or are 2 loan defenders more important to us. We can only play 5 loans.
IMO he is still not fit and he may never get back his full fitness, we will have to wait and see if he does, at present however he would not get in my team if I was selecting.

Sbarcher

Their keeper left a huge gap to his left and was badly positioned. That said a perfectly placed free kick.

shmmeee

Would we play 2 loans?

Bring in a CB, move Ricketts over. Job's a good un. May as well keep Cole around for his experience around the place while we can. We saw with Morris how parent clubs feel about loanees just sitting on the bench all the time. I'd rather the likes of Phlips and Harries continued their development or we brought in a permanent player.

hill83

Their keeper left a huge gap to his left and was badly positioned. That said a perfectly placed free kick.

He was stood where you would normally stand for a freekick from that position. The wall was covering that side of the goal and the freekick was executed perfectly.

Calista

It was a brilliant free kick, which will live long in my memory. But Joe is clearly nowhere near fit yet, and since we are trying to get promoted out of this league, we surely can’t carry passengers regardless of their past glories.

He doesn’t look remotely ready to go back to the Premier League, or to earn big money anywhere, so I actually find myself wondering if he might fancy staying with us for the buzz of being involved. The longer he stays, the better he’ll get and the more benefit he will bring to the young players in the squad. And if he could score some more goals like that he’d put a few on the gates as well.

ptr

I think he's gonna enjoy it here, getting to play football at a good stadium in a good attacking team. He is nowhere near the player he was but just having him around the place will gives us a lift. Imagine what he can teach the younger players? He can't run anymore but he will provide us with a bit of quality i.e the free kick today. That sort of quality in this league wins us games. He still has a great touch, calm on the ball and most important of all is an experienced head we need in such a young attack. Yes he was probably a PR stunt of a signing but still well worth having in the squad. Bet the club are a bit baffled as to why the attendances aren't increasing...I certainly am. Can see him staying till the end of the year.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Would we play 2 loans?

Bring in a CB, move Ricketts over. Job's a good un. May as well keep Cole around for his experience around the place while we can. We saw with Morris how parent clubs feel about loanees just sitting on the bench all the time. I'd rather the likes of Phlips and Harries continued their development or we brought in a permanent player.
Yep bring in a CB, move Ricketts back to right back and let Phillips sit on the bench.

Astute

Some people just don't get it.

Yes he is not match fit, but just having him about will help the younger players a lot. He isn't with us for the money. He wants to play. And he has stated a couple of times now that he doesn't know if he will be able to stay. But if not fit enough for division 3 why would a Prem side want him? And having him on the pitch also gives our other players that much more space as other clubs will not want to let him have the space himself.

Is he rich enough to come to an agreement with his own club about cancelling his contract with a bit of a payoff? I would think so. And then make it his last season in football with us. Just like Wise did.

Users who are viewing this thread