Joe Murphy (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue

Thought everyone was aware of his comments yesterday? Been all over Twitter. Basically said that the team has to perform at Southampton as it's a good shop window for them all :facepalm:

Walking Bird

Only a good shop window as long as Southampton don't put 6 past him. :facepalm:

kg82

Yep, I've decided I'm definitely past caring. I don't think he's a prick, I couldn't care less what he said :eek:

Gaz

That is a real stupid thing to say if true.
But I'm not surprised that really.

shepardo01

Thought everyone was aware of his comments yesterday? Been all over Twitter. Basically said that the team has to perform at Southampton as it's a good shop window for them all :facepalm:
Caught a bit of it....thought that he said in the absence of Keough and Clingan etc....that which ever young player came in that it would be a shop window to showcase their talents with a view to command a regular place for next year.... personally thought nothing of it. He also said something along the lines of that a footballer never goes out to go through the motions (yes....I know...!!!) So the players would be giving their all next week. Unless something else has been said on twitter....this has been misinterpreted....he has used the term 'shop window' in slightly the wrong way
....he is a footballer after all!!!......

UNCLE MONTY

F*ck him, I'd play Dunn on sat anyway as Murphy will obviously be sold. Might as well play the kids, means jack shit anyway.

kingharvest

Yep - interview I saw he was talking about being favourites for promotion and backing thorn, and about being here next year.

Looks like misinterpretation to me, unless someone can find a direct quote.

Brighton Sky Blue

I've seen absolutely nothing on Twitter so it's the first I've heard of it.

Grendel

dongonzalos

Apology

Some people seem very quick off the mark on this site to call people pricks and twats. Especially players who probably don't deserve it.

Would be nice when someone clearly gets it wrong and the player defiantly did not deserve it. If that person is man enough to post an apology

SkyBlueArmy

Joe Murphy is a class keeper who has played for crap teams. Joe Murphy will probably be sold this summer as he is good enough for a top half or premiership team. I would say he is better than Chris Dunn but Dunn will still be good enough for our league 1 side. Martin Craine, Sammy Clingan are deffinatley leaving and I heard Gael Bigarami will be signed by a premiership team.

scroobiustom

I dont rate him, for whatever that is worth?

Hope he has a blinder and someone does take him of our hands, whats Kirkland up too these days!?!?!

ericagradus

Disappointing that everyone has interpretted Murphy's words so negatively. This should be the point that we start supporting players and certainly giving them the benifit of the doubt.

pusbccfc

Dunn is woeful, the way its going, it looks like Dunn will be playing Centre back on saturday!

Astute

It gets even better on here.

The norm is to call players pricks and say they are shite after they leave. Now it has started to call them incase they might leave :facepalm:

Grendel

It gets even better on here.

The norm is to call players pricks and say they are shite after they leave. Now it has started to call them incase they might leave :facepalm:

Yep - he's given 100% every game talks about next season positively and he's a traitor and rubbish anyway. Also why do people talk up his deputy when they have never seen him play. There was a thread on Saturday when Keogh was ranked a 3 for Saturday and he's form (apparantly) has been awful for quite a while.

Sterling Archer

I'd say the "pr*ck" here is the one that completely misinterpreted what Murphy said and didn't even provide a link to backup his ludicrous statement.

Scaremongering ill-informed City fans, have we now got this for the next 12-18 months?

The worrying thing is other Cov fans will read this and take it as gospel.

mark82

Yep - he's given 100% every game talks about next season positively and he's a traitor and rubbish anyway. Also why do people talk up his deputy when they have never seen him play. There was a thread on Saturday when Keogh was ranked a 3 for Saturday and he's form (apparantly) has been awful for quite a while.

You are as guilty of talking him down without seeing him play. But I agree with what you are saying here.

Astute

I'd say the "pr*ck" here is the one that completely misinterpreted what Murphy said and didn't even provide a link to backup his ludicrous statement.

Scaremongering ill-informed City fans, have we now got this for the next 12-18 months?

The worrying thing is other Cov fans will read this and take it as gospel.

It is gospel. I read it on here :whistle:

covcity4life

Some people seem very quick off the mark on this site to call people pricks and twats. Especially players who probably don't deserve it.

Would be nice when someone clearly gets it wrong and the player defiantly did not deserve it. If that person is man enough to post an apology

like you were wrong about thorn being great?

i await your apology

Grendel

You are as guilty of talking him down without seeing him play. But I agree with what you are saying here.

I have seen him play 3 times for us and I have seen him a couple of times at Northampton.

To be fair he has lost some weight and with work may be OK but he is a long way short of playing 46 games a season.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern

I yelled at Bill Glazier once in 1966, called him a big girls blouse because he took a goal kick and it went straight out for a throw-in. No tinterweb in those days, so I'll apologise now Bill! I've lived with this for years. It's been such a burden on my conscience!

skybluegod

are you sure it's him, i think he was talking about the likes of norwood craine nimley as there the players leaving .

joemercersaces

A lot of people forget that these footballers are just human beings, they're not heroes and they're not robots either. They aren't like us, they don't passionately support Coventry City (most of them). They happen to be professional footballers rather than plasterers or mechanics or whatever and by some sort of chance they have ended up here with a team who has been relegated. So when they consider their next move they take a lot of things into account, what they get paid here, how much they like it here, what they might get somewhere else, where their mrs wants to live etc. So of course they think they might be in the shop window this weekend, it's natural.

Some on here seem to expect them to put Coventry City first second and third and ignore their own family. Get real.

Users who are viewing this thread