Joey Barton Punches Morten Gamst Pedersen (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

barton_1162031b.jpg
FA could take retrospective action against midfielder
Newcastle United's Joey Barton could find himself in hot water with the Football Association after appearing to punch Blackburn's Morten Gamst Pedersen.
The pair clashed at St James' Park on Wednesday night, a game in which Blackburn won thanks to Jason Roberts' second match-winner in successive games.
However, Barton appeared lucky to avoid being red carded in the game after lashing out at Pedersen, an incident which match referee Michael Jones did not see.
That means the FA can take retrospective action against the ex-Manchester City man and Pedersen is going to let football's governing body in England deal with the midfielder.

Action

"You've probably seen the pictures on television and everything," he told Sky Sports.
"It's up to the FA. I'm not going to say anything.
"Yeah (I was upset). I focused my game after that. There's nothing else I could do.
"You've seen the pictures and everything, so you know it's football that you're playing."
Although Rovers boss Sam Allardyce missed the incident live he was shown the replays afterwards and has described the incident as 'unfortunate'.
"He's taken a swipe. The referee hasn't seen it and it's very, very unfortunate and shouldn't have happened," said Allardyce

Disorganised1

What a surprise - thug attacks someone.

Users who are viewing this thread