John fleck (1 Viewer)

Qwerty70

Man of match Saturday by miles, head and shoulders above everyone else. 2 wolves fans I know hope they sign him in January, I hope not.
He's a lot fitter and I guess to play the pressing game we use you have to be.
Roll on Milton Keynes, that's my next away trip!

RoboCCFC90

John Fleck, Conor Thomas and Jordan Willis were fantastic Saturday. Every other player was at least an 8/10.

Moff

I have been a huge critic of Thorn but this was a gem of a signing, and I also salute SP for bringing out the best in him, something which Robins didnt seem to do.

stupot07

Well done thorn a 10% success record with regard to signings last season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

Mucca Mad Boys

Thought signing him was a real coup for our club, he hasn't reached the dizzy heights people were expecting, but genuinely think he could still carve out a good career, by that I mean premier league.

I thought he'd be this good if he got a good run in the team, and he hasn't let me down.

I wouldn't say Thorn was a genius for signing him, he was well known, and there were going to be top L1, decent champ sides, maybe even prem (willing to take a punt, there were rumours Norwich wanted him) teams after him, but fair play to the people who wooed him here.

Last but not least, excellent managerial attributes shown by SP, MR missed out big time by not playing him.

covcity4life

Well done thorn a 10% success record with regard to signings last season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

you were flecks biggest hater. you couldnt see why anyone could see anything in him.

kg82

He was man of the match for me too. It's not just his composure when he has the ball, he works hard and gets stuck in.

Is that just something your wolves supporting mates have made up by the way? It's not actually a rumour going round?

fernandopartridge

Thomas was better. He was everywhere and made numerous interceptions. Whilst Fleck is good on the ball he got brushed off it a few times.

pusbccfc

Fleck chased everything, not only is he a hard worker, he is also an immense passer of the ball.

He's come so far, and I think Thomas can take some praise for that.

Qwerty70

KG 82 : wolves friends simply said he is just the type of player they need and they think club should go for him.

Evo1883

Fleck has a fantastic footballing brain, sometimes he loses his way but overall this season hes been really good , sweet left foot aswel

stupot07

you were flecks biggest hater. you couldnt see why anyone could see anything in him.

He was average at best last season, but this season he has got himself fit and proved me wrong.

Mrpipes

He was average at best last season, but this season he has got himself fit and proved me wrong.

don't feel bad about your opinion of him last season , he had many haters , me included , he played crap in almost every game we played
If anyone thought otherwise then they're blind or a liar

This season he's been our top player , closely followed by Thomas

covcity4life

don't feel bad about your opinion of him last season , he had many haters , me included , he played crap in almost every game we played
If anyone thought otherwise then they're blind or a liar

This season he's been our top player , closely followed by Thomas

you are saying fleck was so crap last year that we should have given up on him then?

laughable.

Speng

He is a top quality player , we should get him on a long term contract now , does anyone know how long his contract is ???

shmmeee

He is a top quality player , we should get him on a long term contract now , does anyone know how long his contract is ???

Was 3 years, runs out in summer 2015

Edit: Players whose contracts run out at the end of the season:

Murphy, Christie, Thomas, Manset, Burge, Moussa, Phillips, Wilson. (according to Wikipedia)

Last edited:

Speng

Was 3 years, runs out in summer 2015
We need to get busy then dishing some contracts out ,

Edit: Players whose contracts run out at the end of the season:

Murphy, Christie, Thomas, Manset, Burge, Moussa, Phillips, Wilson. (according to Wikipedia)

covcity4life

the people who dobuted fleck are so same people who say ibrahimovich is crap and ask if messi could do it on a cold wet Wednesday night vs stoke.

ajsccfc

I remember Graeme Souness remarking about how if Totti was really good he'd want to prove himself outside Italy, which was prompted by speculation about interest from Blackburn Rovers. I loved that.

covcity4life

I remember Graeme Souness remarking about how if Totti was really good he'd want to prove himself outside Italy, which was prompted by speculation about interest from Blackburn Rovers. I loved that.

it was much worse than that!

he said totti isnt world class, keys and panel pressed him on it and he said he hasnt won anything,you need to win to be world class.

jamie redknapp pointed out he had won scudetto, souness just ignored him

then keys said who is world class then greame?

and he goes matt le tissier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i lvoe matt,but if totti aint world class neither is he.

hated souness and all premfaces ever since.

stupot07

the people who dobuted fleck are so same people who say ibrahimovich is crap and ask if messi could do it on a cold wet Wednesday night vs stoke.

Are they? Ibrahimovich is one of my favourite players.....and messi is undoubtedly one of the best players in the world ever.

covcity4life

Are they? Ibrahimovich is one of my favourite players.....and messi is undoubtedly one of the best players in the world ever.

yeh but you have improved as a poster in the last year

a true anomaly.
claping%20hands.gif

japandy

There are, I believe 4 reasons Fleck, and others are doing well. (1) They have a manager who is a born optimist. Many managers criticise their players even in public. SP doesn't go over the top but ALWAYS praises the players. (2) The style of play suits the team. Okay defending has gone out of the window but 'intensive football' is player friendly and suits our youngsters. (3) Something many players never seem to grasp is how their success is not only down to personal achievement and ability but also their team mates and how they gel together. Fox and Dann are a good example. They truly believed themselves better than they actually are, as many English players do. Humility and humbleness are in short supply within the English game and I see a few of our present 'stars' going the same way, if they are not careful. (4) The fans. Players are young, not like some of us old farts. They need confidence and to be honest being in front of 10 or 11,000 old timer fans whose only enjoyment in life is a few pints and watching the footie at the wekend is sad and pathetic (joke). We had, at the Ricoh, 12,000 fans who are wannabe players and managers. Their only success is getting out of bed and thus they live their dreams through the young. So - number 4 is expectation. At Sixfields expectation is lower, and in front of a 'player' friendly environment they perform better. If they came back to the Ricoh they would not perform as well.

Last edited:

shmmeee

We had, at the Ricoh, 12,000 fans who are wannabe players and managers. Their only success is getting out of bed and thus they live their dreams through the young. So - number 4 is expectation. At Sixfields expectation is lower, and in front of a 'player' friendly environment they perform better. If they came back to the Ricoh they would not perform as well.

Bit harsh on every City fan who attends that. By this argument we'd be awful away as the stay always are attending there. Also we'd do better away than home every season and I'm not sure that's true (aside from Robins).

Not sure I'd call an empty stadium "player friendly" as much as "player neutral".

Users who are viewing this thread