Jones Injury (1 Viewer)

oucho

Well this is terrible. I had a sinking feeling from the way he reacted when he went down.

Jodi mate, if you happen to read this, very sorry to hear this news and just know we're all backing you to bounce back stronger than ever.

Edit....sorry if this has been covered already but are we able to end Reid's loan early, and if so on how much notice? Not that it's a mouthwatering prospect but he'd be better than nothing until the window opens...

Last edited:

Ashdown

Really bad news for the City this, gutted for us and the lad. I know some said he didn't have enough end product at times but you have to have players who can run at defences. People said the same about Ryan Kent but we missed him when he went back and our season slowly fell apart.

better days

Well this is terrible. I had a sinking feeling from the way he reacted when he went down.

Jodi mate, if you happen to read this, very sorry to hear this news and just know we're all backing you to bounce back stronger than ever.

Edit....sorry if this has been covered already but are we able to end Reid's loan early, and if so on how much notice? Not that it's a mouthwatering prospect but he'd be better than nothing until the window opens...
I know Jodi has seen this and other messages. He is touched by them especially those from the young kids

Last edited:

steve82

or, they are going through a bad patch !

remember, it wasn' t that long ago when....

That quotes going back a few months, the Jodi jones thread from February.

Didn't have much love back then did he!

Question is was he a huge disappointment last year or thrown to the lions and exposed to early by a management team who failed to recruit players to help grow and develop the likes of JJ.

Adge

That quotes going back a few months, the Jodi jones thread from February.

Didn't have much love back then did he!

Question is was he a huge disappointment last year or thrown to the lions and exposed to early by a management team who failed to recruit players to help grow and develop the likes of JJ.
Probably both! Remember we are at a lesser level too. It's a big blow and might just be a chance for others to step up to the plate. Think most of us now if offered the playoffs would snap their hand off!

Last edited:

ceetee

If Robins is consistently playing him out of position that tells you he dont rate him in his actual preferred position wherever that is
I think the problem is that MR doesn't play anybody in that position.
That is the criticism of playing two midfielders who are primarily there to help the defence, not help the forwards

steve82

Probably both! Remember we are at a lesser level too. It's a big blow and might just be a chance for others to step up to the plate. Think most of us now if offered the playoffs would snap there hand off!

I agree it's both and he's back at the level where he caught a lot of scouts eye. It's very fair to say last year in league one he offered very little to impact play, decision making poor, positional play not right and very lightweight..... a season and jump in level too early in his career it's fair to say to do it weekly.

This season in at a lower level which he'd already found his feet he's shone in a side with a lot more strength and physicality to back him up. How many times we seen Doyle or Kelly steaming in to back him up in any bits of aggro. Confidence is far higher this season and he's flourished of that freedom. Still has a lot to learn and a shame this season has been cut early for him.

Fair to say MR has helped his confidence grow and importantly his development.

CCFC_maddog

He was brilliant at Sutton in pre-season.

I've seen people mention Shipley will replace Jones, but they are completely different players. Finn/Devon are our only options for pace.
I agree that Finn should get a chance, been with us since about 8yrs old. Told by a reliable person stood with the Leeds Head Scout at the recent U23’s game that they are monitoring Finn and Jones, weighing up what the best option would be. Pay a lot for Jones, almost ready made or play a little for Finn and developed him into a new Jones. With this injury I could see Finn going in January especially if MR doesn’t put some trust in him, then who could blame him!!

Last edited:

better days

I agree that Finn should get a chance, been with us since about 8yrs old. Told by a reliable person stood with the Leeds Head Scout at the recent U23’s game that they are monitoring Finn and Jones, weighing up what the best option would be. Pay a lot for Jones, almost ready made or play a little for Finn and developed him into a new Jones. With this injury I could see Finn going in January especially if MR doesn’t put some trust in him, then who could blame him!!
Leeds aren't the only team from the top two divisions looking at the lads from our Academy
Robins has shown by his actions that he is giving our young players a chance
Thankfully he's not had to throw them all in at once as was the case early last season
I won't be surprised in the slightest if Finn features at some point tomorrow or in the cup next week

Otis

Leeds aren't the only team from the top two divisions looking at the lads from our Academy
Robins has shown by his actions that he is giving our young players a chance
Thankfully he's not had to throw them all in at once as was the case early last season
I won't be surprised in the slightest if Finn features at some point tomorrow or in the cup next week
I love nothing more than seeing one of our young uns stepping up and making the grade and nothing less than seeing them go elsewhere and having success there instead of here.

I really like the look of Bayliss too. He really seems to have something about him, but he is more a central midfielder I believe.

With Jones missing it might well be time to put Finn on the bench.

Otis

I think the only time we might shout Finn tomorrow is when the ref blows the final whistle.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

We are seriously f&@king cursed. Andreu and now Jones...combined season and a half out...our best players.

Jesus wept...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I think your right , we are CURSED .
players getting injured all the time , we're CURSED with the owners of the football club !

It's time to bring in the WITCH DOCTOR and a PRIEST to perform an EXORCISM to rid us of this CURSE !
giphy.gif

Captain Dart

Captain Dart

Janis Joplin

Users who are viewing this thread