Jordan Clarke (1 Viewer)

Marty

Another fantastic performance. MOTM today.

Mrpipes

Yes he was very good , but I liked Baker today , his corners were all pretty good , held up the Ball and used it intelligently about 8 out of 10 times , most improved player for me this season , well done

theferret

Agreed, thought Aaron Phillips had a solid game and looks a great prospect also

Totally agree. Often when youngsters make their full debut they look a bit lightweight, but he is quick and strong and didn't look out of place. Another great prospect.

the rumpo kid

one moment in the first half, looked like there forward had got away from Webster, Clarke showed incredible speed and vision to come across and slide in to clear the ball, super tackle. well done clarkey.

RFC

Jordan's a 'new man', growing into a very solid and mature player. IMHO! Long may it continue.

Brilliant display today and so comfortable on the ball. I hope that he reads this forum as he deserves all of the plaudits he receives.:claping hands:

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Still early days. But early performances suggest he is a changed player following his initial demotion.

However, we are playing in league one, and I remember the Jordan Clarke who appeared in the Championship. So I'm not going to get too excited just now

(Sorry to sound negative :D )

Still early days. But early performances suggest he is a changed player following his initial demotion.

However, we are playing in league one, and I remember the Jordan Clarke who appeared in the Championship. So I'm not going to get too excited just now

(Sorry to sound negative :D )

Don't say sorry for being negative just eat your words.;) This young player is class and long may it continue.

Grendel

Pressley it seems can bring the best out of players. Clarke was an excellent prospect but has been poor for a couple of seasons. Let's hope he is back to his best.

I just wish we had Pressley as manager in the relegation season - players like Bigiamara and Christie would have thrived under his leadership. He wouldn't have blown money on McDonald either. He wouldn't have shirked responsibility or played the victim to a very willing gallery. He would have accepted responsibility and delivered accordingly.

Sky Blue Harry H

Remember when Ben Turner first started playing for us - a sending off early on in his playing days (as did Jordan Clarke against Robbie Savage, if I remember correctly?). Anyway, I remember thinking Big Ben had zilch chance of progressing due to a lack of pace. A season or two later - awesome player. Jordan might be smaller, but he's reading the game well, has a decent turn of pace and could become a hell of a player. Just hope he's still with us post January (same as Leon, Cyrus et al!)

Houdi

Pretty much agree with everyone's assessment. A near faultless display, quick and incisive in the tackle, calm and composed in possession always looking to use the ball constructively. His level of performance has improved almost beyond recognition. Fair play to Pressley for having the courage and wit to reconsider his earlier decision.

Nice to have a defender with some skill IMO. Phillips looks like a prospect. He looked 6ft tall when people were singing his name today of you know what I mean.

maddog

Jordan Clarke has always been a great footballer absolutely no question about that. I've said previously he needed to get his head together and toughen up. First 5 games or so he looked culpable to the long ball. He has sorted that out and has stopped being bullied. With his skill and vision if he keeps improving, avoids injury and dosen't get too big for his boots he can play in the Prem. I would disagree with Pressley on where he can play. With his ability there are a number of positions he could do justice to.

Pressley it seems can bring the best out of players. Clarke was an excellent prospect but has been poor for a couple of seasons. Let's hope he is back to his best.

I just wish we had Pressley as manager in the relegation season - players like Bigiamara and Christie would have thrived under his leadership. He wouldn't have blown money on McDonald either. He wouldn't have shirked responsibility or played the victim to a very willing gallery. He would have accepted responsibility and delivered accordingly.

Yes, but just think what a brilliant player Jordan Clarke under the guidance of our previous esteemed manager Andy Thorn.

sw88

Chief Commentator!

Am I reading this right? A good Grendel post that no one can challenge / criticise? :)

shy_tall_knight

jordan was excellent today covered well for Webster, webster was ok but misread a few things that required jordan's timely intervention. Also aaron philipps - looked so good for his full debut, very cool under pressure and a solid unit wasn't pushed around or bullied.

Users who are viewing this thread