Josh Eccles injury (1 Viewer)

steve101

Out for 8 weeks. Such a shame for him and for the team. He had settled really well into an unfamiliar position and arguably would rival Kane and Dabo there, as well as provide cover in midfield. He has so much potential. I just hope his injuries don't jeopardize his chances.

steve101

So we have 1 player (Allen) to cover 4 positions (CM,CM,CAM,CAM) for the next 13 games with 1 of our midfielders 1 yellow away from a 2 game ban. Not signing 1 or 2 cheap loans in Jan is looking great

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
At this rate young Howley may need to step up ahead of time.

Great_Expectations

Big blow. The closest we have to a Sheaf replacement and we could have done with that today when he was looking leggy.

He can’t catch a break. Let’s hope it’s just an unlucky spell and he isn’t one of those unfortunate players who seems to constantly pick up injuries.

Sky Blue Harry H

F'**kin' el lads, it's all gone a bit Morrisey on here hasn't it. We've always known about Kelly's injury record/age. Eccles out is a shame, but 'season's over' and 'angry at the owners' - don't get it. If Moore gets injured, are we going to be mad at them for not upgrading Wilson in the window?

slowpoke

Let’s get Eccles fit and ready for next season going to have to juggle options Maatsan has shown he can do midfield plus Allen and a fully fit Jones could get a chance, Dabo to come back too, let down as normal by owner no surprise there about time thier man steering the ship Mr. Boddy answered questions or even our elusive chairman 🤮

rexo87

F'**kin' el lads, it's all gone a bit Morrisey on here hasn't it. We've always known about Kelly's injury record/age. Eccles out is a shame, but 'season's over' and 'angry at the owners' - don't get it. If Moore gets injured, are we going to be mad at them for not upgrading Wilson in the window?
No because we have a replacement for Moore. We now have 1 replacement for 4 midfield postions

Bertola

A real shame for the lad, who I've preferred seeing at RB to Kane (I know he's a bit of a fans favourite, but I'm not sold on him yet).

Feels like every time Eccles starts to get a run of games, he gets injured. Fingers crossed he can be back in/around the first team towards the end of the season

Sky Blue Harry H

No because we have a replacement for Moore. We now have 1 replacement for 4 midfield postions

He might tweak the system, play 2 up top, then have 2 replacements for 3 midfield positions? All teams have to deal with injuries.

rexo87

He might tweak the system, play 2 up top, then have 2 replacements for 3 midfield positions? All teams have to deal with injuries.
Agree he will have to do that. My point is he shouldnt have to change his preferred formation due to a lack of depth in the squad

Otis

The sooner you get it into your head we aren't finishing Top 6, the sooner youll get over being disappointed.
I have never believed we WOULD get in the top 6. I don't think we have a good enough squad for it when injuries hit, but that doesn't stop the fact that we are still very close to the playoff places and to say the season over now is rather daft to say the least.

I think I predicted top 10

Grendel

Kelly has had a torrid time as well. Hasn't been the same since his knee injury and now the hamstring. Another blow to our squad depth.

Kelly was another joke contract extension

Sky Blue Harry H

Agree he will have to do that. My point is he shouldnt have to change his preferred formation due to a lack of depth in the squad

Unrealistic - we have Kelly, Hamer, Shipley, Allen, Eccles, Sheaf, O'Hare, Jodi Jones (and Howley) How many do you expect us to have for the midfield places? If they were all fit (and only 2 currently injured) we would be moaning that we can't get a new striker because we're wasting wages on midfield players who can't get in the team. We're not Chelsea or Liverpool.

rexo87

Unrealistic - we have Kelly, Hamer, Shipley, Allen, Eccles, Sheaf, O'Hare, Jodi Jones (and Howley) How many do you expect us to have for the midfield places? If they were all fit (and only 2 currently injured) we would be moaning that we can't get a new striker because we're wasting wages on midfield players who can't get in the team. We're not Chelsea or Liverpool.
I take your point however find it hard to agree.

We like to play 4 in midfield. In January we knew that in those positions Shipley, Jones and Howley were either not good enough (first two) or not ready to step up (Howley).

That then leaves 6 capable players for 4 positions which i would say is not enough. Kelly was even injured in Janaury and hes very injury prone.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Out for 8 weeks. Such a shame for him and for the team. He had settled really well into an unfamiliar position and arguably would rival Kane and Dabo there, as well as provide cover in midfield. He has so much potential. I just hope his injuries don't jeopardize his chances.

Ffs Cov City don't do injuries by half.

Sky Blue Harry H

Hate playing players carrying niggles. Short sighted in my opinion. Ok maybe at the end of a season if it's an important game, otherwise,sooner field a Howley or a Tavares or a Nee for the odd game. Crowd will always cut youngsters some slack if the efforts there.

steve cooper

Kelly is only 31 though (until tomorrow). Played 126 games for us in four and a half years, that includes games when he has been fit but not selected.
He still seems to be able to cope when he is fit, at least as a second half sub, and I doubt he is anywhere near a top earner.

Greggs

Hate playing players carrying niggles. Short sighted in my opinion. Ok maybe at the end of a season if it's an important game, otherwise,sooner field a Howley or a Tavares or a Nee for the odd game. Crowd will always cut youngsters some slack if the efforts there.
Can guarantee the majority of any team will spend a large part of the season playing with niggles mate. Nothing to do with being short sighted, it's a tough sport and i guess players often have to play through the pain barrier. Can't imagine any player being 100% this time of year.

Sky Blue Harry H

Can guarantee the majority of any team will spend a large part of the season playing with niggles mate. Nothing to do with being short sighted, it's a tough sport and i guess players often have to play through the pain barrier. Can't imagine any player being 100% this time of year.

Yeah, to be fair, I was half thinking this as I typed - I'd just rather play a 'fresh' kid than somebody who is having injections to get through a game. I suppose it's about getting the balance right. More importantly - what are your thoughts about Greggs starting a 'fashion; brand at Primark?!

steve101

Why ? He will just be flogged of when nesecary, couple of hundred thousand or so.
If he is let go in the summer with a year left on his contact I cannot imagine there will be a fee involved. I still believe he will offer us value as a squad player. He is ideal coming off the bench to hold a lead. The problem with us though is we are not often in that position having to come back from a goal down

Users who are viewing this thread