Josh Eccles (1 Viewer)

PVA

Sheaf will get the plaudits today and rightly so, because he was outstanding.

But credit too to Eccles who was excellent, as he was in the run in last season.

We obviously need to, and will, replace Hamer but Eccles is establishing himself as a good championship player and that 4 year deal is looking better by the day.

Well done Josh 👏🏻

Yorkshire SB

Though being a competent player, like many I’ve been underwhelmed by Eccles to this point. I’ve always felt as though there was a lack of confidence, as though he didn’t believe he was good enough.

Thought that first half was his best 45 minutes for us. Was genuinely superb (as he was last week tbf). Hoping he’s starting to feel like he belongs in this team, at this level.

Hertsccfc

What I want to know is does Shmmeee still think we should loan him out to a League 1 team for the season?

hamertime

Eccles was business like and everywhere. I like how he senses danger and gets across. One of the best players in the team today. I think he will really step up now, Hamer going will be good for him.

Happy_Martian

Do you write birthday cards for a living?

We won. We played reasonably well with some room for improvement. Eccles had a very good game I felt. So why the sarcasm ? Surely my paraphrased quote is better than the negative shit we've had to read on here for the last week or so ?

stevefloyd

He’s getting better and better every week - he was very good today, excellent first touch and always looking to advance the play. I wouldn’t drop him for anyone in midfield at the moment.
We've not got anyone to drop him for but yes very good today

wingy

I wonder who was ill this week, maybe Lati,who knows maybe Burrows could have covered for him?

skybluecam

Been critical of him but it was a very good performance today. He went up a level in terms of moving the ball and beating a man.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Messed up an easy pass to Wright in the first half, gets that right and Haji has a tap inand we win 1-0.

Wasn't a particularly hard pass either

Seamus1

Messed up an easy pass to Wright in the first half, gets that right and Haji has a tap inand we win 1-0.

Wasn't a particularly hard pass either
Also helped to contrive to fuck up with Latibeaudiere gifting Stoke a good chance at the end of the first half

steve101

Needs to transfer some of that confidence with and without the ball into his shooting now. Think he was in two minds when he passed poorly for Wright. Should have hit it at goal across the keeper. Any spill and Wright would have been there anyway.

AFCCOVENTRY

We didn’t replace Hamer and fair play to him for not shying away. He gives 100% in every game. He’s got his faults but he’s learning all the time. On reflection he’s having a better season than Sheaf. Sheaf needs to step his game up. Been average at best compared to last season, but that could be because he had Gus next to him.

djr8369

A lot of the stick he gets is undeserved. Every CM will misplace passes and lose the ball over the course of a game. Hamer certainly did.

Mucca Mad Boys

Eccles and Sheaf are two of the best midfielders in the division.
If they were, we certainly wouldn’t have squandered as many winning positions as we have and likewise, we would created more chances.

Both players benefitted from playing alongside Hamer last season. They have the joint responsibility of try to create and attack as Gus did.

I’m hoping they develop that but on what I’ve seen this season, midfield is a glaring area of weakness imo.

Users who are viewing this thread