Transfer Rumour Josh Wilson-Esbrand (1 Viewer)

Great_Expectations

I think this is a great signing, we now have dynamic and offensive WB on both sides - which is critical to how we play.

Not ideal he’s a loan, but how big an issue is that? We know we have a rebuild either way in the summer, and if he’s better than what we can attract on a perm why wouldn’t we. Plus, if he helps us with a strong second half of the season, then isn’t that good?

Last edited:

Seaside-Skyblue

I think this is a great signing, we now have dynamic and offensive WB on both sides - which is critical to how we play.

Not ideal he’s a loan, but how big an issue is that? We know we have a rebuilt either way in the summer, and if he’s better than what we can attract on a perm why wouldn’t we. Plus, if he helps is with a strong second half of the season, then isn’t that good?
Definitely. What we do now is to have a bit of a go this season and see where we end up, the loans will tie us over until the summer where then we'll probably see a major overhaul and Robins can reset.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Not ideal he’s a loan, but how big an issue is that? We know we have a rebuild either way in the summer, and if he’s better than what we can attract on a perm why wouldn’t we. Plus, if he helps us with a strong second half of the season, then isn’t that good?
It's a definite positive to have them, both for what they can add and purely for the extra numbers in the squad.

But just as there are upsides there may be down. If the rumours that they're not the greatest defensively means that we could be facing a lot of balls in from the wings and without Fadz we look a bit susceptible to that, as Wrexham showed.

But hopefully we'll be utilising their strengths more.

OldBedrocker

My eldest is mates with one of the academy coaches at Man City. He said that he is quality and on fringe of the 1st team.
Not the best defender in the world (most wingbacks aren’t) but rapid with end product as well

rexo87

It's a definite positive to have them, both for what they can add and purely for the extra numbers in the squad.

But just as there are upsides there may be down. If the rumours that they're not the greatest defensively means that we could be facing a lot of balls in from the wings and without Fadz we look a bit susceptible to that, as Wrexham showed.

But hopefully we'll be utilising their strengths more.
Think we should only have 5 more games without Fadz then 16 more games with him

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

robbiekeane

I obviously know nothing about him and have never seen him play but just been looking at a few youtube videos of him and in the comments everyone is absolutely raving about him. Lots of man city fans think he is pushing first team and is the future.

Regardless of how he performs, bodes really well for us that a club like Man City trusts Robins and team to loan a player like that for half a season

nicksar

I obviously know nothing about him and have never seen him play but just been looking at a few youtube videos of him and in the comments everyone is absolutely raving about him. Lots of man city fans think he is pushing first team and is the future.

Regardless of how he performs, bodes really well for us that a club like Man City trusts Robins and team to loan a player like that for half a season
For clubs like Arsenal, Manchester City & Chelsea to trust Coventry in helping develop young players for them is a credit to the coaching team...I say that through gritted teeth to some extent because I'm old enough to remember when we were a match for all three of them.

Johhny Blue

Why do you think he’s dynamic and offensive? Didn’t you watch the video?

Briles

Not the end of the world, in particular a massive shame if it ends like this for Dabo - He was absolutely unplayable in his first two seasons but has just regressed so much

I know I'm gutted. Loved watching him play. He hasn't been the same since his injury and you can see he's trying to do what he used to do but his body isn't letting him

KenilworthSkyBlue

I know I'm gutted. Loved watching him play. He hasn't been the same since his injury and you can see he's trying to do what he used to do but his body isn't letting him

He'll likely be on reasonable wages given he has a promotion and a new contract under his belt since arriving, and ultimately his fitness or performances don't justify him being retained beyond the summer.

Certainly sad to see how much injuries have caused him to regress though.

zuni

The wingbacks we have can't defend and no end product tbh but even as limited as they are they have both shown what can be done plus more if you have the skill, these 2 lads might not be great at defending but if there is an end product can most likely rip most teams a new arse hole.....fingers crossed they can

fernandopartridge

The wingbacks we have can't defend and no end product tbh but even as limited as they are they have both shown what can be done plus more if you have the skill, these 2 lads might not be great at defending but if there is an end product can most likely rip most teams a new arse hole.....fingers crossed they can

Both Bidwell and Dabo are competent defenders, not sure what you're on about

jordan210

What a come down for the lad.

training with Walker,gundogan and so on to being pelted with miss hit passes by Kelly.

Bad Boy

For clubs like Arsenal, Manchester City & Chelsea to trust Coventry in helping develop young players for them is a credit to the coaching team...I say that through gritted teeth to some extent because I'm old enough to remember when we were a match for all three of them.
I'll say amen to that nicksar, we bloodied their noses on more than one occasion and other Billy Big Bollox teams too.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I think Mark Robins will only play one of them at a time, Robins is not brave enough.

Grendel

Well Man City were in the division below us for part of the 80s

Yeah I lived there for a year and watched a few games at Maine Road - I think Mick McCarthy was their McFazdean then

blunted

Yeah I lived there for a year and watched a few games at Maine Road - I think Mick McCarthy was their McFazdean then
Worryingly something I have completely in common with Grendel....lived in Fallowfield, Wythenshawe and Chorlton back in the day. Much earlier than him though. Man City were my second team, although I still had a Cov season ticket

Grendel

Worryingly something I have completely in common with Grendel....lived in Fallowfield, Wythenshawe and Chorlton back in the day. Much earlier than him though. Man City were my second team, although I still had a Cov season ticket

West Didsbury for me

Hobo

My wife lived in Didsbury for 12 months. My time there it was Droylesdon, Stalybridge and Chadderton.

Grendel

My wife lived in Didsbury for 12 months. My time there it was Droylesdon, Stalybridge and Chadderton.

The year I lived there was the best in my entire life

BornSlippySkyBlue

Also lived in Didsbury / Burnage for 12 months. Manchester is rough as fuck, although Sankeys was an experience. My overriding memory of Manchester was seeing a bunch of 12 year olds kicking the crap out of a homeless bloke. And people getting mugged at syringe point. Nice.

Users who are viewing this thread