Joy Seppala (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Going off topic slightly, has anyone else heard this crackpot rumour today that there is a Qatari billionaire at the Ricoh today in talks to buy the whole lot (CCFC included)?

Chaplin was there wasn't he? ha

martcov

You might want to look into it a bit before you make yourself look silly ;)

Nothing silly about asking a question. If they sold it in good faith, and then Wasps had it generously revalued for the purpose of security for a bond issue, then the crime is there, not with the seller.

But, I presume you’ve been following it more closely than I have, and just asked a question.

letsallsingtogether

Going off topic slightly, has anyone else heard this crackpot rumour today that there is a Qatari billionaire at the Ricoh today in talks to buy the whole lot (CCFC included)?
giphy.gif

He was there I filmed it ;)

mark82

Nothing silly about asking a question. If they sold it in good faith, and then Wasps had it generously revalued for the purpose of security for a bond issue, then the crime is there, not with the seller.

But, I presume you’ve been following it more closely than I have, and just asked a question.

If the EU rule against them, it's a breach of state aid laws.

theferret

Lol. Where the hell has that come from?

I had a message from two people saying the same thing (neither of whom know each other), so just assumed it was one of those silly season rumours (which I'm sure it is), so expected to see it mentioned on social media etc., but I haven't seen it repeated anywhere else. Forget I said anything though, it's clearly a load of gonads.

mark82

I had a message from two people saying the same thing (neither of whom know each other), so just assumed it was one of those silly season rumours (which I'm sure it is), so expected to see it mentioned on social media etc., but I haven't seen it repeated anywhere else. Forget I said anything though, it's clearly a load of gonads.

Obviously, just funny. Not seen anyone mention on Twatter yet.

olderskyblue

sit your butt hurt ass down shmee,i like ya but when it comes to council you show your bias and everyone on this forum sees you as a lesser poster for it. we get it you are team council because of family ties but if thats case why post on SBT? talking tactics but then rooting for entity that want club dead just dont fly.

That's patently not true. I see him as a lesser poster for many things, but not that. :D

Magwitch

Yheir is an amusement park there this week.

Old Warwickshire lad

I was “ having a CONVERSATION with one of the councillors involved “ .
He could not understand why I was so perplexed with the fact they had closed meetings with no minutes.
He tried to tell me it was sometimes necessary to have closed meetings, when discussing tenders and bids. I told him I understood that, but not taking minutes was criminal, and left the people in that room open to all sorts of repercussions.
Unsurprisingly he did not seem to understand.
I have in the past been chairman of two sports clubs,we had monthly meetings, some were in private, but minutes were always taken. It’s only common bloody sense to cover your back.
Unfortunately politicians and councillors seem to have lost touch with the real world, they think they can just do whatever they want and be accountable to no one.
Hence the s*** we are in over brexit.

skyblue025

My original hypotheses was the council handing the Ricoh over in lieu of damages. IF that happened, Sisu would have got it for nothing.

I wonder what they have had to pay out in legal fees over both judicial reviews they lost? Probably not a lot of difference to what Higgs wanted for their 50%.

Regis87

Did hear that someone was interested 2 weeks ago. Was told it was a Kuwaiti though.

ccfcchris

I don't believe for one second they would knock the Ricoh down for housing rather than let the football club move back in with some kind of deal.
The National press would destroy them surely?
Not that I think it would get to that stage.

shmmeee

not sure why i am replying to you because you are a spam bot

but why would i decide to take on corruptness in local council? lmao. i have a problem with drugs and knives on street but i aint joining the police to tackle it aahah, i and everyone for that matter can say if they see problems without having to take on the responsibility of stopping it, ridiculous

sit your butt hurt ass down shmee,i like ya but when it comes to council you show your bias and everyone on this forum sees you as a lesser poster for it. we get it you are team council because of family ties but if thats case why post on SBT? talking tactics but then rooting for entity that want club dead just dont fly.

make your mind up,do you love ccfc or ccc?

Grow up and learn to spell, you’re in your thirties man.

As for what everyone sees, if it’s not the fact that your only “argument” is conspiracy theories, insults and calling people bots, well that says more about them than me.

“Do you love CCFC or CCC” have a word with yourself.

Sorry I point out your lack of thinking ability, I know it upsets you and I try not to do it too often.

covcity4life

Grow up and learn to spell, you’re in your thirties man.

As for what everyone sees, if it’s not the fact that your only “argument” is conspiracy theories, insults and calling people bots, well that says more about them than me.

“Do you love CCFC or CCC” have a word with yourself.

Sorry I point out your lack of thinking ability, I know it upsets you and I try not to do it too often.

All those words yet nothing to refute that their may have been corruption in the council's dealings

And i can spell just fine. I CHOOSE to not waste time on mobile phone keypads getting every lil word right after my quick draft. You can understand it or not end of day. Quite frankly not my issue :)

MalcSB

If wasps counldn't pay the difference and the council were fined (which would have to be a massive change in thinking given all previous rulings) then the council could use that as extenuating circumstances to have to resell at a lower value. People have to sell their houses and cars at way under market value due to financial pressures. Even then the council don't have to sell it to the highest bidder if they feel someone else will utilise it better and benefit the wider community/create jobs etc. Which pretty much gives them every excuse to look at every other option before SISU. People assumed last time SISU would be their only option to sell it to - it turned out to not be the case.
Its a massive change in the legislative body judging the issues. A view that there had been wrongdoing would not be a change in thinking, but the thinker.

Last edited:

skyblue025

I don't believe for one second they would knock the Ricoh down for housing rather than let the football club move back in with some kind of deal.
The National press would destroy them surely?
Not that I think it would get to that stage.

I think it's got to the stage the council would do anything to stop SISU getting it. I don't even think they would sell it to them at market value. Too much water under the bridge. We need the EU findings quickly. After it has gone through the legal system numerous times in this country I expect SISU to be disappointed again but nothing would surprise me.

vow

Did hear that someone was interested 2 weeks ago. Was told it was a Kuwaiti though.

has anyone else heard this crackpot rumour today that there is a Qatari billionaire at the Ricoh today in talks to buy the whole lot (CCFC included)?
Singing:
'You like potato and I like potahto.......
......Kuwaiti, Qatari.....let's call the whole thing off!' :emoji_musical_score:

GaryJones

I say this in the style of Kevin Keegan - voice cracking with pent up emotion “I would Love it if Sisu won - love it love it”
That would stick it to Wasps & The Council.
Come on!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread