Joy Seppela (1 Viewer)

dadgad

Can there be any more demoralising image for a sky blue fan than the ones depicting this woman that appeared in the CET yesterday?
Compare in your minds eye for a moment the iconic images of our talismanic leaders from the past, Jimmy Hill, John Sillett, and George Curtis. What would have been wrong with JS standing tall and giving the Press an image of someone who is prepared to look the world in the eye?
Instead we get an image which curiously appears to more closely resemble someone leaving the back entrance after a period in rehab. Doesn't she realise that her position as the head of an organisation that runs a football club and represents a community carries with it certain obligations and PR requirements that involves putting your best foot forward even when you might not feel like it. ?She's been in the job for years now and still she doesn't get it. Bizarre.

Limey

Agreed. The meetings by royal appointment only with some supporters recently also irked me. Deliah Smith, now there's a role model figure head for Joy. Where are ya!!!!

Time for her and SISU to leave quietly out the back door imo.

shmmeee

Agreed. The meetings by royal appointment only with some supporters recently also irked me. Deliah Smith, now there's a role model figure head for Joy. Where are ya!!!!

Time for her and SISU to leave quietly out the back door imo.

Paging Nick. Nick to the thread please. ;)

SonOfSnoz

Feel sorry for Joy!
Thought she was a lady of steel, looks very timid in the photos!
Why did she invest in a basket case like CCFC?
Ranson well & truly sucked her in!
Joy, i don't despise you, i actually feel sorry for you, investing in something you know nothing about!

TurkeyTrot

To be fair the names mentioned are folk from the playing side of things in the past (and how Jimmy Hill treated a certain group of supporters makes Joy seem like an Angel!)
It's only in more recent times have club owners etc become media sought. I reckon if you spoke to Coventry fans from the 40's 50's and 60's they would tell you that at the time owners and investors of the club pretty much went unnoticed to the average fan.

shmmeee

Most fans only give a fuck who the owner is if things get seriously fucked up to be fair.

Though there was a low Sisu Out grumble after relegation, the whole "Where's Joy" thing only started when the move out of Cov came about. You can only stay incognito if you don't draw attention to yourself.

RPHunt

There seems to be a school of thought that Seppala is smart and sharp and that the CCFC fiasco is either an aberration or a finely tuned plan that is beyond the wit of most to understand.

Isn't it more likely that the seemingly stupid and incompetent actions we have witnessed from SISU are not aberrations or a master plan - they occurred because she is indeed stupid and incompetent.

Tonylinc

There seems to be a school of thought that Seppala is smart and sharp and that the CCFC fiasco is either an aberration or a finely tuned plan that is beyond the wit of most to understand.

Isn't it more likely that the seemingly stupid and incompetent actions we have witnessed from SISU are not aberrations or a master plan - they occurred because she is indeed stupid and incompetent.
Add to that; she knows nothing about football and you have hit the nail on the head!

TurkeyTrot

She certainly is neither. Maybe she left things at CCFC to others, but you certainly don't build up wealth etc by being stupid or incompetent.

dadgad

I accept that those iconic images of past "heroes" are more linked to the playing side of things, nevertheless, they knew how to wave to a crowd, unite people, get a bandwagon rolling.
Those images of JOy Seppela just drive home the point that she's clueless, like a fish on a bike.

NorthernWisdom

Most fans only give a fuck who the owner is if things get seriously fucked up to be fair. Though there was a low Sisu Out grumble after relegation, the whole "Where's Joy" thing only started when the move out of Cov came about. You can only stay incognito if you don't draw attention to yourself.
It's the desire to personify, and once Ken left we haven't had a chairman or figurehead, so Fisher and Seppala have filled the role of boogeyman. Dangerous to personify though, it offers an easy way out - witness Robinson and McGinnity hanging on by removing Richardson as an example.

TurkeyTrot

I accept that those iconic images of past "heroes" are more linked to the playing side of things, nevertheless, they knew how to wave to a crowd, unite people, get a bandwagon rolling.
Those images of JOy Seppela just drive home the point that she's clueless, like a fish on a bike.

Check out the history of the supporters club and what they done for the club then check out why they had to move to the old 1925 club. Time makes people forget.

shmmeee

It's the desire to personify, and once Ken left we haven't had a chairman or figurehead, so Fisher and Seppala have filled the role of boogeyman. Dangerous to personify though, it offers an easy way out - witness Robinson and McGinnity hanging on by removing Richardson as an example.

You'd have a point, if she wasn't the person with the final say so in what happens with the club. Are we sure that's the case?

As a corollary, is it good organisation to not have someone who is ultimately responsible for the decisions taken?

Hobo

She certainly is neither. Maybe she left things at CCFC to others, but you certainly don't build up wealth etc by being stupid or incompetent.

Wealthy really? In comparison to who? Never seen her on a rich list.

Sky Blues

Can there be any more demoralising image for a sky blue fan than the ones depicting this woman that appeared in the CET yesterday?
Compare in your minds eye for a moment the iconic images of our talismanic leaders from the past, Jimmy Hill, John Sillett, and George Curtis. What would have been wrong with JS standing tall and giving the Press an image of someone who is prepared to look the world in the eye?
Instead we get an image which curiously appears to more closely resemble someone leaving the back entrance after a period in rehab. Doesn't she realise that her position as the head of an organisation that runs a football club and represents a community carries with it certain obligations and PR requirements that involves putting your best foot forward even when you might not feel like it. ?She's been in the job for years now and still she doesn't get it. Bizarre.

Well, it seems she was right when she said she didn't know anything about football. Nobody in football in the media spotlight would follow Steve McClaren's trend setting look would they?

J

Jack Griffin

Wealthy really? In comparison to who? Never seen her on a rich list.

Well she lives in a £12M Kensington pad & has a home (or homes) in the States. That seems very wealthy to me, even if she rents the property in London

dadgad

Hitler had pots of it squirrelled away, apparently.
If she's on a budget and thought she could make more out of a football club then she's clearly naive.

Hobo

Well she lives in a £12M Kensington pad & has a home (or homes) in the States. That seems very wealthy to me, even if she rents the property in London

I appreciate she probably has revenue streams all around the world but according to the last SISU accounts her and Coleman shared less than 400,000.

I accept, that is a more than healthy return, but it doesn't put you in the mega rich bracket either.

J

Jack Griffin

I appreciate she probably has revenue streams all around the world but according to the last SISU accounts her and Coleman shared less than 400,000.

I accept, that is a more than healthy return, but it doesn't put you in the mega rich bracket either.

That is just income from SISU.. I'd be surprised if it is her only source. Plus her husband is into property & fiance also.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hobo

That is just income from SISU.. I'd be surprised if it is her only source. Plus her husband is into property & fiance also.

As I acknowledged. Her main income will be declared in the Cayman Islands where Arvo are based for tax purposes. But they are not the super rich in my opinion.

RFC

I cannot recall an iconic owner who lead by example from the front other than Derrick Robins but would have to admit, even he came with 'baggage'!

RFC

I cannot recall an iconic owner who lead by example from the front other than Derrick Robins but would have to admit, even he came with 'baggage'!

Hobo

Well if Joy is going to lead from underneath an umbrella she could of at least bought a CCFC one from the club shop. Plus her baggage is slim green.

Sky Blue Pete

Rfc returns from the dead. So where are all these facts mate that prove beyond doubt what monsters CCc are and how sisu are the victims?

dadgad

The point is how we "put our best foot forward" and an image is worth a million words. That image of a shy, embarrassed woman scurrying in and out of a courtroom has "fail" written all over it and will take forever to redress.

Users who are viewing this thread