JPT Final-if only (1 Viewer)

Nonleagueherewecome

Great club ,great manager, 2 trophies in 11 months! seems some of you still have`nt got over us beating you 3 times this season and twice on your own gaff!

Two shit trophies at that. Honestly not bothered about the tinpot cup, much more interested in getting out of this crap division. Which we'll probably do before you, provided that our present owners don't bury us six-feet-under.

SkyBlue_Bear83

What defines a great club?

Is ccfc a great club?
No, it is a greater club than Crewe but not a great club

I would say what defines a great club is the number of major trophies won, followed by how many years they have competed in Europe and then how many years they competed in the top division.

logjoe

yeah, provided quality players for the last 30 years, PLATT, LENNON, ROB JONES, ASHTON, POWELL, etc etc, joke!!!

Yep and as i love pointing out they were famous somewhere else. You crewe fans rave about this but you forget that it wasn't with you. PREMIER LEAGUE FEEDER CLUB!! Also all these home made great players have done what for your club?

skybluesteve76

Great club ,great manager, 2 trophies in 11 months! seems some of you still have`nt got over us beating you 3 times this season and twice on your own gaff!

Mate with all due respect, success for Crewe is Championship football at best.

As Cov fans many of us have witnessed 34 consecutive years in the top flight.
We were founder members of the Premier League in 1992.
We won the FA cup in 1987 and were 1/4 finalists in 1997.
We've had two league cup semi finals.
We've had a European campaign and were denied another in 87/88 by a the ban on English clubs in Europe.
During our days in the top flight we regularly mixed it with the big boys, quite often coming out on top.
In 1983 we beat a Liverpool side 4-0 whom most people were saying were the best club side in the world at the time.
Peter Ndlovu became the first visiting player to score a hat trick at anfield in 33 years
Dion Dublin was joint top scorer in the Premier!
I could go on!!

And Crewe have won the JPT.

Yes Crewe beat us fair and square this season but to even compare the two clubs is mind boggling to me

Our history and heritage is one to be proud, throughout these shit times we find ourselves in,it's easy to forget the proud history and the good times!

Simply the best
Better than all the rest

Hugh Jarse

Who do you support then? They've always been a joke club

In your opinion pal. Just because you have an agenda against Crewe, doesn't mean we all have to bow down to it. Crewe beat us over a two legged match, went on to Wembley and won the JPT, something our fans would have loved to have seen.

oh and in answer to your question, I have supported CCFC since 1967, through thick and thin. I was lucky enough to be at Wembley in '87 to see our best achievement to date and will continue to support them until I pop my clogs.

Now, move on and get over yourself, there's a good fellow.:wave:

skybluesteve76

In your opinion pal. Just because you have an agenda against Crewe, doesn't mean we all have to bow down to it. Crewe beat us over a two legged match, went on to Wembley and won the JPT, something our fans would have loved to have seen.

oh and in answer to your question, I have supported CCFC since 1967, through thick and thin. I was lucky enough to be at Wembley in '87 to see our best achievement to date and will continue to support them until I pop my clogs.

Now, move on and get over yourself, there's a good fellow.:wave:

Stop being so obsessed with the JPT!!
Compared to our history, Crewes is a joke.
They've never acheived anything of particular note.
Can't believe I'm arguing with a fellow City fan about another club.

The fact they best us in a Semi and always beat us....especially at Gresty Rd is one of the many reasons I can't stand them.

Why can't I have an opinion then....I'm not asking anyone to agree.

Just always suprises me when the opposition are given any credit what so ever.

Simply the best
Better than all the rest

BLAKESCREWE

SORRY LADS BUT YOURE TURNING INTO STOKE FANS, they said the same things about us when they were in League 1 a few years back, we got the double over them one season and they never let up! same things, big team, big history(!) big fan base(!) forgetting the fact that like Coventry they have a city around 5-6 times the size of Crewe, for our size and town we do fantastically well and IMO are heading towards the Championship again (9 successive seasons there) our manager is taking us all the way with local born players, no debt nor worry, we are sound and well run, never paying above the odds nor wages for average players!!

Gaz

End the end of the day, we are both shit teams playing league 1 football.
End of.

The only difference is that we are on our arse and will improve.
Crewe however are currently at there level.

RoboCCFC90

SORRY LADS BUT YOURE TURNING INTO STOKE FANS, they said the same things about us when they were in League 1 a few years back, we got the double over them one season and they never let up! same things, big team, big history(!) big fan base(!) forgetting the fact that like Coventry they have a city around 5-6 times the size of Crewe, for our size and town we do fantastically well and IMO are heading towards the Championship again (9 successive seasons there) our manager is taking us all the way with local born players, no debt nor worry, we are sound and well run, never paying above the odds nor wages for average players!!

To end this arguement bud in history Coventry City are the 38th most succesful club in England, Crewe doesn't come in the top 75, we have played each other 19 times and both won 8, drawing 3. We have scored 33 in that time and you have scored 27, you talk about giving us a beating on our own turf, what about first season after we got relegated we slammed you 1-6 on your own turf.

The only thing we envy anything about Crewe on is having a well run club with finances that fit with the owners and what they can afford. Except for this it's pretty much Coventry with the better stats, one season means nothing..

ohitsaidwalker king power

To end this arguement bud in history Coventry City are the 38th most succesful club in England, Crewe doesn't come in the top 75, we have played each other 19 times and both won 8, drawing 3. We have scored 33 in that time and you have scored 27, you talk about giving us a beating on our own turf, what about first season after we got relegated we slammed you 1-6 on your own turf.

The only thing we envy anything about Crewe on is having a well run club with finances that fit with the owners and what they can afford. Except for this it's pretty much Coventry with the better stats, one season means nothing..

Agreed.. but don't forget they have a train station(or two)... oh for a train station at the Ricoh...;)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Yea and Stoke fans were clearly correct also

Yes you do good for the size of your club

Why are you highlighting that you were in the championship for 9 consecutive seasons? (which is factually incorrect as the 02/03 season you were in division 2/league 1) Yes that is an achievement for Crewe but why do we care? Is that supposed to make us feel jealous or something?

Respected yes, great not even in the slightest

You're like the annoying little brother, always winding people up and causing trouble but ultimately destined to always live in big brothers shadow.

ohitsaidwalker king power

I cannot subscribe to the theory that it was "only" the JPT and that if we had been fortunate enough to win it, it would have been a blot on our "illustrious" landscape?
Did Southampton's revival not begin with a similar victory?

But more importantly than that, would a Wembley trip not have invigorated the city of Coventry, if only for a short while? Surely it would have engaged many non believers? and more importantly than any of that still; A trip to Wembley surely would have engaged the younger generation of the City of Coventry, a younger generation that for so long have been starved of any footballing highlights, a younger generation who have been fed; Bury, Burnley and respectfully Crewe of late and not as I was fortunate enough to witness, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man Utd.
Not that stature of opposition alone should define a footballing legacy, but in a City so cosmopolitan in demographic as Coventry undeniably is, when many a distraction exists as an option to Football on a Saturday, I worry that this lost generation is one lost for good and the diminishing attendances that follow will be a spiral to never-ending mundaneness .
If the present incumbents, trusted with the custody of our club can be accused of anything, then it is in the dereliction of duty in this regard- no vision, no plan, lost trust and confidence.
They must go.
:blue:

Users who are viewing this thread