JSB Christmas Party 22nd Dec (1 Viewer)

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Been trying to say that for months :(

Glad they had a good time, did they win the boots?
No boots :( Every time some kid walked passed with a pair, I got persuaded to part with another quid :D

Otis

I'd go for Andre Wrights pair. They're as near to new and unused as you're likely to get.
Might be better off with Andre Wright's pants.

I've lost count the amount of times people have said 'Andre Wright's pants' during matches.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Exactly. He does somehow. Maybe he wears a couple of shirts! It may just be by comparison to his team mates.

Stevenson for example literally looked like a child.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same as McBean, when he was in the JSB zone he didn't look too big.

I guess the younger lads they are still growing, but you would think they would be dieting for strength and training for that in the gym.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Not posted for a week after I signed straight out when Torchy dragged up old shit that was agreed to put behind us, clearly not. I still wish him well with his illness, would never want that on anyone after seeing others suffer, particularly when he has a young family. I don't expect to agree with him, we differ completely politically and I don't like most of what he posts, so I'm not going to be hypocritical and nice to him just because of the situation, but have offered an unreserved apology for the comment I made previously (one in five years) and do so again. I understood it had been accepted before but really would like to draw a line under it now.

Anyhow reason for logging in and the post on here ...

I'm still at work but my wife has just texted me to say the worst one ever.

My daughter was really excited about this and queued up for autographs - the players all laughing and talking with each other, not paying attention to the kids. She said only one actually took the time to speak with her. Not sure who will find out later.

So different from last year when she had loads of photos and they really made her feel special - I know we had more "heroes" for them then and things better on the pitch, but this just another a reflection of our current situation. I would complain but nobody is there to care. I might be wrong as she did get the usual birthday card, but I also thought she had received a Christmas card in previous years and not had one yet either. With things as caustic as they are, surely the club realises these kids are our lifeblood? I hope ours is an isolated incident and others have found them more personable and enjoyed their time with the players.

Also Rob, just on your point re the Christmas cards (didn't touch on that before), the club have confirmed these were posted but the postal company lost the parcel containing the cards. Can't really blame the club for that, can we?

(Just 1 tweet to confirm that)

"@Leighpavey87 @crookwilliam1 Hi both. UPS lost the parcel sent to the mailing house contains cards. Cards were reprinted as soon as... #PUSB"

Also Rob, just on your point re the Christmas cards (didn't touch on that before), the club have confirmed these were posted but the postal company lost the parcel containing the cards. Can't really blame the club for that, can we?

(Just 1 tweet to confirm that)

"@Leighpavey87 @crookwilliam1 Hi both. UPS lost the parcel sent to the mailing house contains cards. Cards were reprinted as soon as... #PUSB"

Not ordinarily no, but they must be frightfully unlucky. As this happened with the season tickets too..

A good job they don't manage organ donor deliveries or wedding cars!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Not ordinarily no, but they must be frightfully unlucky. As this happened with the season tickets too..

A good job they don't manage organ donor deliveries or wedding cars!

I doubt they'll use them again; one disappointed kid has asked them not to anyway after he didn't get his card

@Coventry_City can you use a different company next time so we get notice

rob9872

Thanks for the feedback SW. I won't complain as it won't change anything at this stage and I appreciate how hard those behind the scenes work to put these events on. Also thankfully, although disappointed for my daughter, it appears isolated so glad others enjoyed it.

You're right MD too they were there early as last year but this time only saw them behind the desk and they said playets wrre casually chatting to each other and passing the signature sheets down in some cases without even looking up. Willis was the one who spoke to her so that's good as she likes him anyhow. Dad also said Russell Slade wasn't there but looks on here like he was too later. Perhaps just need to go later next year.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Quick message of 'thanks' from the organisers (I'm sure I can include the club in that, although I'm not quoting anything by the club here; just thought I'd give them a mention too as staff members do put a lot in alongside the volunteers:D) and volunteers for all those who attended and made the day go so smoothly! Hopefully fun as had by all!

If anyone did wish to offer any comments, feedback etc, and not necessarily just on the party but also the events put on pre match in the family zone - what went / goes well, what doesn't, what would your little ones like to see introduced (if possible) - please remember you can email the club direct at [email protected] to share your thoughts.

Merry Christmas All!

Users who are viewing this thread