Judicial Review - How many days will it be in court? (1 Viewer)

duffer

Apologies if this is already out there somewhere, but I just wondered if anyone had seen anything official about how long the JR is scheduled for in court?

I might try to pop along. I'm not really fussed about the detail, but I'd like to see what Joy really looks like in person. ;)

Danceswithhorses

Apologies if this is already out there somewhere, but I just wondered if anyone had seen anything official about how long the JR is scheduled for in court?

I might try to pop along. I'm not really fussed about the detail, but I'd like to see what Joy really looks like in person. ;)
IIRC it's supposed to last 3 days

chiefdave

Everything I've seen says 3 days. We probably won't get a verdict until a few weeks after that as the Judge goes off to go over all the evidence before writing a report.

duffer

Everything I've seen says 3 days. We probably won't get a verdict until a few weeks after that as the Judge goes off to go over all the evidence before writing a report.

Ah. Can I just add this then.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Senior Vick from Alicante

I suppose it will depend on how many times they choose to appeal any decision.

Astute

The usual length of a JR is three days. On the odd occasion they can last longer. But sometimes they can be finished after a day.

J

Jack Griffin

If anything suspect this could be on the long side.

Why? I know there is a lot of 'evidence' but the judge smacked down the idea of bulking it out, I suspect he will have a similar attitude to filibustering by the claimants & I reckon the defendants will want it over & done ASAP!

mark82

Why? I know there is a lot of 'evidence' but the judge smacked down the idea of bulking it out, I suspect he will have a similar attitude to filibustering by the claimants & I reckon the defendants will want it over & done ASAP!

Let's hope that is the case. We don't want this dragging out any longer than necessary. Was just going on the length of the Higgs case - and this one is more complex.

Astute

Let's hope that is the case. We don't want this dragging out any longer than necessary. Was just going on the length of the Higgs case - and this one is more complex.

Personally I think this one is less complex. The one against Higgs was over something that went on for over a year. This one is about a loan. Does the loan fall into being done lawfully or not. Nothing to do with who said what or saying that they don't understand the questions when they do. Nothing about alleged valuations. And the judge already seems to have set the ground rules.

Last edited:

Skyblueweeman

I'm not sure it will take so long to reach a verdict. As I understand it, the judge gets the majority of the reports in advance of the trial so as I type, they're probably going through all OSBs posts from the past two years!

The Gentleman

Wouldn't bother Duffer, just type Joy into the search engine on Redtube and see what comes up :eek:

Kingokings204

It's a 3 day event and result I assume will be concluded come end of day 3 I assume.

Day 1 is one side of the story from barristers only.

Day 2 is the oppositions side barristers only.

Day 3 is a conclusion and verdict.

What could go wrong with that.

Gaz71

At the end of day 3 the Judge tells Sisu he will have narrowed down 3 verdicts to 1 verdict in 3 weeks time...........

Tonylinc

3 days!!! I could do it in one minute. The council invested public money into the Ricoh adventure and are therefore entitled to re-invest the same in order to protect that initial amount. Case closed! Where do I send my bill?

Grendel

3 days!!! I could do it in one minute. The council invested public money into the Ricoh adventure and are therefore entitled to re-invest the same in order to protect that initial amount. Case closed! Where do I send my bill?

How much public money was invested after the land sale?

Users who are viewing this thread