Just for the record (1 Viewer)

Adge

Was at the Ricoh as previously mentioned this morning and there was 30 odd people clearing the stand and not 4 or 5 as was in the video shown earlier. Fair play to Dave Boddy who was on the shovel aswell! It was the safety officer who called the game off as I was with Mark Hornby when he got the call.
It was the correct decision AT THE TIME. Many will say it should have been called yesterday and that is fair aswell I guess. Stop listening to all the cobblers about Lincoln wanting the game off, that’s nonsense. Just wanted to put it to bed once and for all.

Ricketts

They showed the 4 or 5 people as they were normal.

No-one wants to see the 30 odd people, of which you were presumably one.

:)

Now my humour is out of the way, fair play to you Adge. For being there and trying to get the game on. I must admit I was amongst the doubters, but in reality just one of the dissappointed, especially as the day continued to thaw.

ccfcway

spot on. that puts to bed some of the complete and utter nonsense on this site this morning, including from those who should know better !

this will be a quiet thread....

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Well done I would have joined you if possible.

I think most would have (Get well soon btw).

Ideally if something was put out to say "Come and help us" loads more would have been down there.

I don't think anybody thought it was just the ones on the video, although I am pretty sure the volunteers would have done a much better job.

Fair play Adge and anybody else who saw about it as well and tried to help, I genuinely would have come down to help but didn't know. It makes sense now with your beer thread, you should have said get your wellies and shovels and get down to the Ricoh, knock 3 times and you can go and help!

Otis

Was at the Ricoh as previously mentioned this morning and there was 30 odd people clearing the stand and not 4 or 5 as was in the video shown earlier. Fair play to Dave Boddy who was on the shovel aswell! It was the safety officer who called the game off as I was with Mark Hornby when he got the call.
It was the correct decision AT THE TIME. Many will say it should have been called yesterday and that is fair aswell I guess. Stop listening to all the cobblers about Lincoln wanting the game off, that’s nonsense. Just wanted to put it to bed once and for all.
Let me tell you right now, you can throw truth in my face all day long, it's not going to stop me having conspiracy theories or blaming Lincoln bloody City for this ridiculous debacle, the utter, utter barstards.

Sky Blue Harry H

Yep - I popped up and took a quick photo - Adge and others really got stuck in. Fair play!
th

Stan

Just for the record......Safety Officer for the stadium is employed by Wasps......didnt do a thing to help yesterday as Wasps didn't want pitch played on in case it ruined the pitch for their game today! - which no doubt will be ok to play. Yesterday's excuse was Stands and area around turnstiles etc was not safe for public. After more snow last night would have made that worse then on that premise today's game shouldn't go ahead. After all it is the same Safety Officer calling the shots!
Also judging by the activity in that video they may well have given them teaspoons to clear it!

Otis

Just for the record......Safety Officer for the stadium is employed by Wasps......didnt do a thing to help yesterday as Wasps didn't want pitch played on in case it ruined the pitch for their game today! - which no doubt will be ok to play. Yesterday's excuse was Stands and area around turnstiles etc was not safe for public. After more snow last night would have made that worse then on that premise today's game shouldn't go ahead. After all it is the same Safety Officer calling the shots!
Also judging by the activity in that video they may well have given them teaspoons to clear it!
The temperature is several degrees warmer though.

That is a massive factor today and it was always forecast to be a lot warmer.

Stan

Appreciate that Otis. But still doesn't detract from apparently not much effort was put in yesterday to get the game on. For such a massive day for the Sky Blues don't you think it all seems a bit feeble......no pleas to fans etc? Certainly seems to me that someone, somewhere didn't want the game to go ahead.

Otis

Appreciate that Otis. But still doesn't detract from apparently not much effort was put in yesterday to get the game on. For such a massive day for the Sky Blues don't you think it all seems a bit feeble......no pleas to fans etc? Certainly seems to me that someone, somewhere didn't want the game to go ahead.
I totally agree. I don't think enough effort WAS put in yesterday.

Should have put a call out to fans for help first thing Saturday morning. 50-60 more bodies might have made all the difference.

ccfcway

Even if that was true, it’s their pitch, we are tenants. I would have wanted ccfc to do the same if they had that choice in that situation.

Nick

Administrator

While I love a wasps bash, couldn't ccfc have sent out an sos more clearly to get more fans there to give it more chance? Not sure on the rules and agreement of having ccfc fans in three working.

Nick

Administrator
Let's face it, those lads in the video weren't going to get anything done. I wonder if they stepped it up after our game was called off.

Stan

More than likely, Nick. I expect that's when they brought out the proper staff to make sure wasps could play today.

wingy

Then why didn't they just call it Thursday /Friday like a lot of other Clubs. Save Lincoln squad travelling, booking hotel ,
Former players travelling, ACL setting up for a full house on the catering front and making money.
Sorry just on the basis of the last bit I don't see it .

Nick

Administrator
Then why didn't they just call it Thursday /Friday like a lot of other Clubs. Save Lincoln squad travelling, booking hotel ,
Former players travelling, ACL setting up for a full house on the catering front and making money.

Still the bit I dont get, still seems a bit strange.

Not even a "We will look at 9AM tomorrow and update on the status" so people knew not to leave too early just in case.

Otis

Yep.

The forecast for heavy snow was there. They must have at least considered the scenario.

Doesn't quite make sense.

Why not just call it off Friday . Some Lincoln fans had clearly already travelled down on Saturday. Totally unfair on them.

Should have been call it off, or all hands to the pumps and fans going down in numbers to help out.

wingy

Still the bit I dont get, still seems a bit strange.

Not even a "We will look at 9AM tomorrow and update on the status" so people knew not to leave too early just in case.
Yeah we've been all through that but the idea they were saving the pitch for their own ends, I can't buy that.

Nick

Administrator
I think the pitch was meant to be OK as it was heated. Unless it was sopping wet and would have been torn to shreds.

Dave Busst put a picture up on Friday and it looked decent, a Lincoln fan posted one on Friday night and it had a bit of snow on it but looked OK.

Sky Blue Harry H

Let's think of it as Doyle and Shipley recovery time !
Also - apologies, but does this help reduce the time Doyle has to escape a yellow card - or does it just push it along one game?

Rusty Trombone

Wasps
8 mins ·
1f6a8.png
Club Statement:
Wasps’ Aviva Premiership game with London Irish will go ahead today at the Ricoh Arena (KO 3pm)
Staff worked yesterday afternoon and through the night to ensure that the ground is safely accessible for supporters.
A spokesman for Wasps said: “Our operational and safety staff have worked really hard clearing stands and car parks of snow to ensure the game goes ahead today, and we thank them for their efforts.

rupert_bear

Bit embarrassing football being off and then a rugby match being on the next day, but as a Cov fan the postponement suits us I believe

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Something wasn't right about how our game was called off. Initially I think it was fair to suspect it might have been a Lincoln influence. I think it's becoming more and more reasonable to suggest it was Wasps that didn't want us to have our game on though.

ceetee

Because our game was off they had more access and time to clear up for their own game.

bringbackrattles

Just a thought ? If Wasps weren't here playing rugby, does that mean our game v Lincoln would have been played today instead ?

wingy

Something wasn't right about how our game was called off. Initially I think it was fair to suspect it might have been a Lincoln influence. I think it's becoming more and more reasonable to suggest it was Wasps that didn't want us to have our game on though.
Well you really need to say why.
What advantage do they get from preventing our game from progressing .
I can think of a major negative being Money .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread