Just got back (1 Viewer)

Wallace

Good game. The Ipswich team were better than I thought but on paper have he best team in this league. I fancy them for promotion.
We started well until Cranie amazing goal, wrong end son.
Thought on the whole we did ok. Was impressed with Cody and see a good partnership developing with Juke. Felted gutted for Baker. He ran his socksoff and was just starting to play better then this awful fall. I could even see from my seat him fall badly, and in injury time??
Well done to the fans who made the journey and that were a couple next to us who made the trip from South Yorkshire. I love going to away games and spend a fortune going but it's what lifes all about, working and using your pay for enjoying yourself. Better than mopping in front of the TV pretending to be a supporter. It is amazing when I'm at the games, especially the away games how positive we fans are. It's onlythe old folk at the Ricoh or sites like this where people really complain.
I'll go to as many games as I can and if we play like we do then midtable is a possibility. Talk among the fans is we have a midfielder lined up before the weekend on loan, even more urgent now with Baker out.
If you guys want us to stay up at least part with a little of your money. It's easy to say you want SISU out but they pay the salary. If some white knight comes then we can dream BUT we don't have one so if we want a decent team get down and support the lads, they deserve it.
We didn't lose tonight, Ipswich won. They were good but a few of their fans said we were oneof the better teams they have seen which is better than some of the morons on here sprout about.
I'm not someone who says if you don't go to games - shut up / but I am someone who takes REAL fans more seriously. Not going to a game for a few years but only watches on TV is a saddo in my eyes.
We have Xmas coming up so ask the missus to buy you ticket or does being a moaning out fart suit most of you more?

PUSB

cornoccfc

Had it been a Saturday as planned, I was going.

On a midweek, with work commitments, impossible to go, blame Sky TV!

Wallace

I understand that corn but the guys on sites like this pss me off. They are so negative I really wish they would either go to A game or stop supporting the team I love. How do they think they support the team when they NEVER part with their money and only give negative comments. FFS how can you do a 'grade the players' when you aren't there?? Corn most fans who 'go to games' have every right to protest, to shout etc, but people who don't ever go and give money are a waste of space

OyJimmy

Respect for going but there has to be product on the pitch to attract people to the games and there hasn't been product for a decade.

Wallace

How do you know? If people don't go howcan they see what the product is like? By listening to CWR? or watching 2 or 3 games on TV? People don't have passion anymore. They'd rather stay at home on their lazy asses and have a few pints watching TV. That's their choice of course as it is mine to go. I love away games and have some good friends who always attend. Shame you guys don't have as much passion about your team as you do about moaning and whinging and acting like kids.

samsblue

come back in a 10 years and more when you have seen as much drose as i have.. i do try to take a postive but at the moment we are a poos side..

Platt_The_Donkey

How do you know? If people don't go howcan they see what the product is like? By listening to CWR? or watching 2 or 3 games on TV? People don't have passion anymore. They'd rather stay at home on their lazy asses and have a few pints watching TV. That's their choice of course as it is mine to go. I love away games and have some good friends who always attend. Shame you guys don't have as much passion about your team as you do about moaning and whinging and acting like kids.

you got it one mate, the match was on TV, so the majority if not all City fans got to see the match tonight, so are more than worthy of an opinion, and are £40 better off for it.

don't get all chuffed because you trickled down to Ipswich, it doesn't make you better than any other supporter.

we played OK, that is all, but were out-classed.

Wallace

Platt. YES it does. People like you make me laugh:claping hands: Think you watch the occasional game or listen to the radio and think you ae a proper fan. I wouldn't call you a supporter because you don't actually support anything. Why don't you go to a game then people will take you seriously, because I don't

Sutty

Platt. YES it does. People like you make me laugh:claping hands: Think you watch the occasional game or listen to the radio and think you ae a proper fan. I wouldn't call you a supporter because you don't actually support anything. Why don't you go to a game then people will take you seriously, because I don't

What makes you think he doesn't go to games?

If you want only the 200 odd that were there tonight will be admitted on Saturday. It'll be lovely, you can all wander through the plastic slapping each others backs and talking about what superb fans you all are.

Not everyone can afford the time and/or money to get to every game, get over it.

Obviously fair play for going tonight, but it doesn't make you a TRUE FAN as you seem to believe.

rochey

Going to away games supports the team but not the club surely? As I understand no money goes to the club? Thought Cov played ok at times. Think there should be concerns going forward as while the partnership with Juke and Cody may well come to fruition that will take 6 games or so. Would personally play Sheff ahead of Bell as the point of the diamond as he's likely to be more involved/score more goals.

Nick

Administrator

How do you know who does what? I would also say by watching it on sky tonight i could rate the players better as i had a better view and replays?

Wallace

But how can you call yourself 'supporter'? I say 'fans' but you don't support anything do you? The amount of negativity that comes from this site, and others but you will rarely hear mass negativity at away games.

OyJimmy

I've been a season ticket holder for a decade, don't assume I don't go. I'm just telling you why other people no longer attend.

Frankly I'm running out of patience. Imagine what the average fan feels like these days. At this moment in time investment must come from the owners first, then the fans might return. Football's a business. You may not like it but that's the truth.

Nick

Administrator
But how can you call yourself 'supporter'? I say 'fans' but you don't support anything do you? The amount of negativity that comes from this site, and others but you will rarely hear mass negativity at away games.

I support a fan site out of my own pocket, I buy 2 or 3 shirts a season, i go to home games and the local ish away games!

Are you about 16 - 17?

Wallace

Why is it because you 'own' the site you can belittle people but you dont want it back? I wasn't talking about 'you' singular I was talking 'plural' and I wasn't talking to you directly,Nick. I know you are sensitive so I wouldn't remark to you personally, haha. I was talking about the others.

Nick

Administrator
Why is it because you 'own' the site you can belittle people but you dont want it back? I wasn't talking about 'you' singular I was talking 'plural' and I wasn't talking to you directly,Nick. I know you are sensitive so I wouldn't remark to you personally, haha. I was talking about the others.

Not sure where I cant take it? Was just saying you dont know people or what they do to support!

Where was i belittling anybody?

You said it in reply to my post ;)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I understand that corn but the guys on sites like this pss me off. They are so negative I really wish they would either go to A game or stop supporting the team I love. How do they think they support the team when they NEVER part with their money and only give negative comments. FFS how can you do a 'grade the players' when you aren't there?? Corn most fans who 'go to games' have every right to protest, to shout etc, but people who don't ever go and give money are a waste of space

Well fuck off to another site then!

Nonleagueherewecome

You don't know any of us, and are making sweeping generalisations. Frankly, you are bang out of order. Go find a more suitable target pal, most people on here are proper Sky Blues fans. Aren't we on the same bloody side?

Wallace

By asking someone's age.

No I wasn't answering your piece unless you have other names?

If people don't go to games they have every right to be fans and air their opinions, I would say that. But I don't think they should be negative and counter productive when they don't actually see what they are being negative about, do you?

Nick

Administrator
By asking someone's age.

No I wasn't answering your piece unless you have other names?

If people don't go to games they have every right to be fans and air their opinions, I would say that. But I don't think they should be negative and counter productive when they don't actually see what they are being negative about, do you?

The game was on tv?? We all saw it?

Hardly belittling asking your age is it? More belittling saying people you dont know are not proper fans..

georgehudson

fully understand and appreciate all of the 'posts', and if i had the dosh i'd be there every game, i only want the best for US, THE SKY BLUES, and further i'll support them through thick & thin, watched it on TV & was frustrated by our lack of composure, effect, control, and cutting edge !
give AT the tools & i think he's more than capable of doing a good job

PUSB

Houchens Head

take my hat off to you wallace, im hoping to get down next week for blackpool game as im on day shift.

I'm going to log in to BBC on-line and watch the live texts, then I'm going to comment on the game afterwards on this forum! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Covstu

I think you will find most of the posters on this site are ST holders so all because they did not or could not go last night does not mean they are not true supporters. I am sick of these fans who ban anything negative against the club or you are not a real fan, sorry thats bollocks. We were very poor tonight, we ALL seen the evidence, simple as.

Macca

All depends on your life situation really. If I gave up £70 of my income and took a half day off work to go down to watch a football match and therefore leave my family short for the rest of the month I'd consider myself an utter cnut.

When I was younger and no responsibilities would have been there like a shot

Covstu

Good point, well made. I have a young daughter and a wife and a mortgage etc, i like to use my annual leave and salary on them now, priorities change dont they?

skybluesteve76

I can see walllaces point although he does think he's some kind of hero!haha. I'd love to go to every game but I have a season ticket and go to the odd away that takes my fancy, money permitting! Personally, I really don't enjoy going anymore, although I will never stop. So if a games on the box I will happily sit at home. As for last night if you went it's just plain stupidity! Driving all that way, spending all that money when you could of watched it in the comfort of your own home and seen how bloody awful we were with a beer in your hand!

skybluesteve76

All depends on your life situation really. If I gave up £70 of my income and took a half day off work to go down to watch a football match and therefore leave my family short for the rest of the month I'd consider myself an utter cnut.

When I was younger and no responsibilities would have been there like a shot

Exactly. Well said. Other things become more important. But personally, I want to do other things theses days. Other things that are fun, cheaper and far less depressing!

ccfcway

If being a support is based on the amount of money you give the club (in going to the games, shirts or other capacities) then surely SISU is our biggest supporter ?

skyblueinBaku

A lot of people (me included) just can't afford the time or money to go to a lot of games. Does that make them lesser fans than others? Does that mean their opinions are less worthy of consideration than others?For me, a round trip to the Ricoh is about 400 miles - fuel costs are crippling. I go when I can. If that's not often enough for you, I apologise.

chiefdave

there is a valid point in there tho. There's a hell of a lot of people who would class themselves as supporters who live locally and never go to the Ricoh. some of them are even quite happy to phone up CWR and have a good old moan.

I'm sure many people, myself included, would like to make it to more games but can't because of location, time, cost etc but there's def an arguement to be made that people who are local could make a bit more of an effort. As someone who only makes it to 10-15 games a year I would love to be close enough to go to every game so it can be frustrating when people who say they are fans and live 5 mins from the ground don't turn up!

That said, I don't think you can have a pop and say people aren't supporters for not going last night given that it's a Monday night, stupidly expensive and on TV. Clearly the people that did make the effort should be applauded but there's no need to have a dig at people who didn't.

Houchens Head

Just going on from Gromits post (oops, sorry, Wallaces post!), surely the money he handed over at Ipswich to watch the game goes to Ipswich FC?
Hmmmm. Great monetary support for CCFC! Your argument's shite Pal.

ccfctommy

Look at me look at me I went to Ipswich paid £31 on a Monday night on Sky Tv Look at meeeeee. :jerkit:

I reckon Wally just got back into bed after getting out to watch the match in his living room. Bummer...GET A JOB and GET A LIFE.

Users who are viewing this thread