Just wandering... (1 Viewer)

lordsummerisle

how would we be any different from Stevenage and most of the other nothing clubs that we play against?

What differentiates us at the moment from Stevenage and all the other "nothing" teams we play against is that we lose against them.

RichieGunns

It wont reinvigorate the club though, well in my opinion it wont. Almost all of ccfc fans only support the club because of our half decent history. If we ditched everything that identifies us with that then that would most probably drive a lot of the fans away. If we "started a new revolution" now, how would we be any different from Stevenage and most of the other nothing clubs that we play against?

Once again I echo Richh87's words.

People probably said the exact same thing when Jimmy Hill advocated the Sky Blue Revolution. We were still using our Royal Blue with White Stripe kit that we'd used since the clubs birth in 1883. Many probably thought to themselves what your saying now. "We are the Bantoms! We've always had royal blue and white! Why do we need to change?" Etc etc

A new image means a new start. Jimmy Hill proved this when he changed our fortunes. Unfortunately we had the wrong people managing us in the 90's and any work Hill/sillett etc had done was destroyed by the likes of Richardson and co.

The Sky Blue Revolution is dead! We're like an undead corps that hasn't realised it's hearts already stopped beating! Can't you see that or are you so desperate to keep our rotting identity that you just won't admit that I'm right?

Last edited:

ccfctommy

I'm sure people said the same thing when we changed it about 50 years ago.

Maybe because it's shit and seemingly unlucky...

I don't think sky blue is Shit. It's a unique colour. Better than black with red and green trim. That doesn't even go together!

RichieGunns

I don't think sky blue is Shit. It's a unique colour. Better than black with red and green trim. That doesn't even go together!

Don't say that to the Irish! They've been combining red and green for years!

And I think on a colour chart, red and green actually compliment each other so I don't know where you got the idea that they don't work together.

And I wasn't talking about black trim. I said black shorts with a green and red top. Look at the picture I posted on my first post. Actually better still here it is...

coventrycity1.jpg

@richh87

I'm sorry, are you referring to our Sky Blue that's unique; or Man City's Sky Blue?

:slap:

Last edited:

Skybluefaz

I'm sure people said the same thing when we changed it about 50 years ago.

Maybe because it's shit and seemingly unlucky...

What a load of shit. Unlucky? You think polishing a turd makes it less of a turd? Mr Fisher, why are you interviewing managerial candidates? All you need is a dulux colour chart.

@richh87

What a load of shit. Unlucky? You think polishing a turd makes it less of a turd? Mr Fisher, why are you interviewing managerial candidates? All you need is a dulux colour chart.

It's a mental thing. Jimmy Hill changed it to bring about a new era. We desperately need a new era. And the studies about the positive mental attributes of choosing the right colour mentioned previously.

I'm not that bothered though. Out of all my throw away, ill though out comments in this thread, the one that's worth looking into is the 'giving free tickets to under 10's'. Seems a no brainer (for owners for care about our future support levels; ie not SISU).

ccfctommy

I'm sorry, are you referring to our Sky Blue that's unique; or Man City's Sky Blue?

:slap:

Thats only one team! its not lke we wear colours like red or white like half the Prem.

You wanna watch J-League football, one team wears all purple and one is clad all in orange. Orginal if not a bit distasteful.

@richh87

Thats only one team! its not lke we wear colours like red or white like half the Prem.

You wanna watch J-League football, one team wears all purple and one is clad all in orange. Orginal if not a bit distasteful.

You know what unique means though, right Tommy? ;)

Black6Osprey

Yeah I edited it before your post came up. Stupid auto correct!

Yeah I think giving the club a bigger linked to the city (history, colours etc) as well as the clubs on roots (singers, bikes, their colours etc) would give this club a very goods image, something we lack right now. Add Godiva into it and I think we'd be on to a winner!

I think our badge would still need the elephant as that's a part of the cities history but having lady Godiva on the badge would also look good. I agree with your comment about Godiva being internationally recognised. We need to build a solid image that people will respect and also be intimidated by.

For the home kit I was thinking Black shorts with a red and green top and socks. And I think it should be mandatory that all players must play in black boots so as not to have colour clashes (you know which players I'm talking about lol).

For the away kit I'm thinking white shorts with a royal blue chest and sky blue sleeves for the top and the socks can again match the shirt. Same goes for the bloody boots. Black all round :D

This incorporates our clubs early history when it comes to kits and it's origins and still has variety for those fans who like to buy both kits etc.

Personally starting to like THE GODIVA BLACKBIRDS as a name. Would be amusing though to call ourselves THE PEEPING TOMS. I think we'd be the only club to get away with it LMAO!

So what your saying is a kit like a referee, a pair of tits for a badge and a new name that sounds like the swimming team or a nursery rhyme?

I think opposition fans take the piss enough already to be honest.

skybluedaze

Changing the clubs colours or nickname or club crest isn't going to make things better. A billionaire taking over the club would though.

RichieGunns

So what your saying is a kit like a referee, a pair of tits for a badge and a new name that sounds like the swimming team or a nursery rhyme?

I think opposition fans take the piss enough already to be honest.

No I'm advocating using our history. Try looking at the early city kits. I'm saying embrace our early history which is conveniently forgotten in favour of the FA cup win on most occasions. I'm trying to get us to look back at our humble origins.

And I think you'll find Godiva is the only recognised symble of the city apart from the three spires. She isn't just a pair of tits as you so eloquently put it. She's a bloody symbol against oppression, or don't you know your history? Plus if you look at the councils logo, you don't see her tits, you see her back as she's turned away in the picture.

I find your clear lack of pride at what she did and stood for shocking. The fact that you can only think of her in terms of sex just goes to show how much people ignore or simply don't know why she a symbol of this city. I'd be proud to have her image on a city badge as I know what she stood for!

And those names you so casually dismissed are also part of our club history. The Bantoms, The Little Blackbirds. They are all names that this club has been proud to be known as since it came into existence in 1883. Yet you'd spit on them as easy as that without a second thought.

I don't doubt that money is something that will help this club no end, but the simple fact is, we need to change. We need to invigorate this club and staying as we are isn't going to do that. Jimmy Hill had the right idea. It bloody worked but our history (from 1960 to now) is the only history people remember. They forget we've been around a lot longer than that and have gone by different names and have won other titles.

Having a linked history between city and club is important. That's where the pride comes from. That's why people stay away from the club on match days. Because there's nothing to be proud of anymore. That's why I'm suggesting change. Bring back the days when club and city were one entity. This club has been divorced from the city and it's people for far too long...

Changeyourface

So you're basically asking what would I do if my football club changed it's name, colour and identity? Well I'd stop supporting a football club because mine wouldn't exist anymore.

By the way Man City play in laser blue and always have, although recently their kits have looked more and more similar to Sky blue the theiving bastards.

RichieGunns

So you're basically asking what would I do if my football club changed it's name, colour and identity? Well I'd stop supporting a football club because mine wouldn't exist anymore.

By the way Man City play in laser blue and always have, although recently their kits have looked more and more similar to Sky blue the theiving bastards.

And I'm sure plenty of people said that when Jimmy Hill brought in his sky blue revolution.

I'm not talking about changing our name name. We'd still be Coventry City. I'm talking about our nickname. And what I suggested is going back to our previous history so our club wouldn't be going out of existence just returning to our previous names and colours etc.

I wish people would read what others post. I was quite clear

Users who are viewing this thread