just wondering.... (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

....how many "well done Thorn" threads were started after we played Middlesborough off the park?

I despair listening bto tweets and texts and threads on here.

Grendel

You dont judge after 1 win or indeed 1 defeat - you make a judgement over time and my judgement is not up to the job. That is not a knee jerk reaction it is a judgement based on watching him over the season.

lordsummerisle

You dont judge after 1 win or indeed 1 defeat - you make a judgement over time and my judgement is not up to the job. That is not a knee jerk reaction it is a judgement based on watching him over the season.

Think you're being a bit hard on yourself really.;)

skyblueshaun

LISTEN THRU THE GAME AGAIN ON MERCIAS POD CAST AND THEN COME BACK AND COMMENT ON HERE CUZ IF YOUR STILL UP THORNS ARSE BY THEN YOU HAVE SERIOUS ISSUES :mad::blue:

torchomatic

Up thorns arse? Twat.

@richh87

If he keeps us up he deserves a medal. If he doesn't he'll likely lose his job anyway. This squad is threadbare and piss poor thanks to our c*nt owners.

As you say - let's judge over time. But if you think there's going to be some sort of 'Thorn Out' movement while the fans can't be bothered to oust SISU - Well you need to have a rethink.

Paxman II

I felt a sub was required earlier and even said so but it's just opinion and if we had won what would the opinion have been then?
I must say we do seem to throw things away in the last minutes of games.
SISU can take some blame because we are playing an old guy who has not played for 5 months and relying on him. he made the crucial mistake.
Can we look at the training staff? I've said it before and why are we still conceding so late all the time?

Nick

Administrator
I felt a sub was required earlier and even said so but it's just opinion and if we had won what would the opinion have been then?
I must say we do seem to throw things away in the last minutes of games.
SISU can take some blame because we are playing an old guy who has not played for 5 months and relying on him. he made the crucial mistake.
Can we look at the training staff? I've said it before and why are we still conceding so late all the time?

Other teams make changes, we dont!

Colonel Mustard

You dont judge after 1 win or indeed 1 defeat - you make a judgement over time

This.

The criticism of Thorn has been in place since November when we found ourselves bottom of the table before December. One swallow doesn't make a summer...AT would receive all due credit if he extracted the most out of this squad and matchday possibilities on a consistent basis (win OR lose), but he doesn't.

Otis

I guess it would only be fair to give the manger credit after the Boro performance?

I did. Check back and you will see that I said I thought Thorn got everything just about spot-on for that game.

Macca

poorly disguised dig at pro thorners Otis

you can' t have praise when it works but get off scot free when it doesn't

Otis

poorly disguised dig at pro thorners Otis

you can' t have praise when it works but get off scot free when it doesn't

Why is that a dig at 'pro Thorners?"

When he has got it right I have praised him and when he has got in wrong I have criticised him. Would you want it any other way?

This is what I don't get at times. Any time anyone criticsises Thorn many of the so called "Pro Thorn Brigade" jump straight down your throats and demand his full backing. I just don't get it. Are people not allowed to criticise Thorn at all?

Macca

Why is that a dig at 'pro Thorners?"

When he has got it right I have praised him and when he has got in wrong I have criticised him. Would you want it any other way?

This is what I don't get at times. Any time anyone criticsises Thorn many of the so called "Pro Thorn Brigade" jump straight down your throats and demand his full backing. I just don't get it. Are people not allowed to criticise Thorn at all?

your hard work tonight Otis. Torchy started the thread with a stroppy comment about people not praising thorn when we win. I am saying I did, you did, others did. But then when we lose and he gets justifiable criticism people start crying.

we're singing from the same sheet, you're just tired and emotional:D

The Reverend Skyblue

Do I love my club too much ? definately Yes.

Do i want them totally dominating how i feel every day, and the day after when we lose ? NO

Am I struggling to ask myself why the fuck i put myself through this every match day ? Yes

Do I want to let go and stop this insanity where they effect how i feel match day onwards ? Yes

Can I let go ? No, but i don't know why, but i always remember my late father and his passion he had for this club.

Do i ever see when this pain will stop ? Yes

Is the reason above, why you put yourselve through all the pain ? Yes, I hope someone /someday who loves Cov as much as me ,takes it over

I love Coventry City Football Club dearly probabaly too much, Is it a guilt a trip becaues of my dad, definately, but i'll love them forever because of him, and i'll never let him down ? No, I will support this club to the day i'll die
]
I am fairly certain that my poor Dad is turning in his grave about the mess his club is in. God help CCFC ,i just hope all the passion the fans show home and away mean something to the current and future owners.

The Rev

Last edited:

skyblueshaun

Do I love my club too much ? definately Yes.

Do i want them totally dominating how i feel every day, and the day after when we lose ? NO

Am I struggling to ask myself why the fuck i put myself through this every match day ? Yes

Do I want to let go and stop this insanity where they effect how i feel match day onwards ? Yes

Can I let go ? No, but i don't know why, but i always remember my late father and his passion he had for this club.

Do i ever see when this pain will stop ? Yes

Is the reason above, why you put yourselve through all the pain ? Yes

I love Coventry City Football Club dearly, not just for me but for my much loved Dad, but they do put me through so many bad times, and i am constantly frustrated about how the fans are treated, but i'll always love them.

I am fairly certain that my poor Dad is turning in his grave about the mess his club is in. God help CCFC ,i just hope all the passion the fans show home and away mean something to the current and future owners.

The Rev
well said mate very touching and i mean that i am in the same boat with my dead grandad having such a passion for the club and he would be ashamed to see it in this mess.:blue:

Paxman II

A little over reaction Rev? It's just a football game at the end of the day. Sport for entertainment and fun for all....even when the fun is lost for a while!
There is far too much emotion here tonight after a game we did really well in and were just 5 minutes from an away win at Blackpool and things would look a whole lot different. We failed but it's not the end of the world. Norwich went down and came up in successive seasons to the prem....it may be a blessing in disguise.

torchomatic

covcity4life

the fact we seem to compete with nearly everyteam without current squad shows me has potential

10pts plus lost on last min goals shows me hes an idiot

im not sure we should give him time to develop,too much to lose?

Users who are viewing this thread