Jutkiewicz in favour of goal line technology (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

lukas-jutkiewicz-757784322.jpg
Striker frustrated by not scoring from open play.
Coventry City striker Lukas Jutkiewicz, who has yet t score a goal for his new club from open play, has come out in favour of goal line technology as an aid to match officials.
Jutkiewicz had a goal ruled out at Ipswich earlier in the month because the officials did not see the ball cross the line, but replays showed that the ball was nearly a yard across the line, very similar to the Frank Lampard goal that wasn't given against Germany in the World Cup finals.
Jutkiewicz had sympathy with the officials because he was ahead of the referee when he had his shot and there was no way the assistant referee could move as fast as the ball to see it cross the line.
Speaking to the Sunday Mercury, he said, “I probably hit it too well. Had I scuffed it, it may have gone in, so it is just one of those things. I am in favour of goal line technology as long as it is just for those black and white decisions and doesn’t interfere with the referee’s interpretation and wouldn’t disrupt the game."
“It would have been difficult for the ref to give it because he was behind me, so it was one for the linesman really and down to him catching up with play and having a sharp eye. Hopefully it won’t be long before I get one given.”

pencil.png

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
No need for 'goal line technology' just a replay would do the job

I think you do need the technology so the referee knows it's a goal in an instant.. When do you stop play for a replay? If you stop for a replay and the ball hadn't actually gone in then where does play resume from? If a piece of technology can tell the ref the ball has crossed the line in a second then there's no need to stop and watch a replay. There could also be some sort of audit trail with the technology as well so that whenever it flashes up that a goal is scored it is logged on a computer somewhere or something along those lines.

ccfcadz

I think you do need the technology so the referee knows it's a goal in an instant.. When do you stop play for a replay? If you stop for a replay and the ball hadn't actually gone in then where does play resume from? If a piece of technology can tell the ref the ball has crossed the line in a second then there's no need to stop and watch a replay. There could also be some sort of audit trail with the technology as well so that whenever it flashes up that a goal is scored it is logged on a computer somewhere or something along those lines.

Fair shout I guess it turn into American Football that way.

Disorganised1

Technologically simple - problem is that you're putting it into a bag of leather than 22 grown men are about to kick the lving shit out of. That requires a complex stability system, and nothing so far will do that without affecting the weight and flight of the ball.
Current thought is stick a load of chips around the ball on the inside and monitor with RFI sensors. Monitor the ball all the time so you know the tech is good, and produce audible alarm if all the sensors enter the goal area. You could also easily carry on for balls out of play.

Users who are viewing this thread