Kasey Palmer (1 Viewer)

higgs

Any chance he would be fit for the play offs even as an impact sub?

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

PVA

I don't think so.

Robins said it was a 10 week injury in mid March.

That would take it to the playoff final almost to the day, so I would say very unlikely.

Grendel

Any chance he would be fit for the play offs even as an impact sub?

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Given he takes 6 months to recover from a broken finger nail id suggest it’s unlikely

slowpoke

I don't think so.

Robins said it was a 10 week injury in mid March.

That would take it to the playoff final almost to the day, so I would say very unlikely.
Well Jamie Allen was predicted to be out 4 to 6 six weeks, on the bench yesterday so you never know Robins will certainly keep any cards close to his chest.

South West Sky Blue

I think we’ve really missed him.
He received the ball from attacking throw-ins in no space whatsoever where he was on a hiding to nothing, and managed to keep it so well. Pretty minimal thing, but that always stands out to me.

Godden has picked up a bit of criticism this season for being anonymous at times. When that accusation has had merit, I feel it’s because he’s been brought in to do a role that’s half way between his natural role and what COH / KC Palmer would do.

KC is class IMO. Vision & touch are great.

fatso

He received the ball from attacking throw-ins in no space whatsoever where he was on a hiding to nothing, and managed to keep it so well. Pretty minimal thing, but that always stands out to me.

Godden has picked up a bit of criticism this season for being anonymous at times. When that accusation has had merit, I feel it’s because he’s been brought in to do a role that’s half way between his natural role and what COH / KC Palmer would do.

Who is KC ?

skyblu3sk

Lazy spelling for a lazy player
video high quality GIF
😜

Offhegoes

Was gutted when he went off against Sunderland. Knew it would be a long injury. Almost as gutted as when O’Hare was carried off at Sheff Utd. That’s how good he has been. Always on the front foot with his running and passing, and he has a bit of an edge too, like Hamer. All this whilst playing for the most part out of position. He’s a AM, not a No 10. Sure the plan was to play him slightly behind O’Hare, with Vik upfront. Sad we never really saw that this season.

skybluelee

He's been in and around the dressing room at recent home and away games (I know O'Hare was at a home one but not seen him at an away). I wonder if he's actually a bit closer to fitness than we think. Cameo at Wembley incoming?...

He's currently been out for 8 weeks.

slowpoke

Be great if he’s available for our run in, nothing mentioned about him from club level though but you never know.
I have heard third hand that COH is back in training May.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Be great if he’s available for our run in, nothing mentioned about him from club level though but you never know.
I have heard third hand that COH is back in training May.

Hmm. I wouldn't get overly excited. That'll likely constitute of light agility/strength training which is pretty commonplace after month five of rehabilitation following an ACL injury.

Recovery dependant, it's likely he still won't see him back on the pitch until around October time. It's pretty vital he isn't rushed back.

shmmeee

Hmm. I wouldn't get overly excited. That'll likely constitute of light agility/strength training which is pretty commonplace after month five of rehabilitation following an ACL injury.

Recovery dependant, it's likely he still won't see him back on the pitch until around October time. It's pretty vital he isn't rushed back.

Apart from anything else I’d like the transfer window closed before he is fit.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Apart from anything else I’d like the transfer window closed before he is fit.

Even if he was fit I doubt he'd have many takers in the summer window in all honesty. Not after just coming back from an ACL injury.

Hypothetically, if any offers did come in, I'd imagine they'd be nominal in comparison to what was supposedly offered by Burnley just before he tore his hamstring anyway - as any interested parties would undoubtedly be concerned about a potential re-tear occurring.

If I was O'Hare's agent I'd be actively encouraging him to sign a new deal at the club to be honest.

CCFCSteve

Even if he was fit I doubt he'd have many takers in the summer window in all honesty. Not after just coming back from an ACL injury.

Hypothetically, if any offers did come in, I'd imagine they'd be nominal in comparison to what was supposedly offered by Burnley just before he tore his hamstring anyway - as any interested parties would undoubtedly be concerned about a potential re-tear occurring.

If I was O'Hare's agent I'd be actively encouraging him to sign a new deal at the club to be honest.

Agreed, not when they can currently wait and pick him up free next summer. 12m extension might suit everyone

Hertsccfc

I agree. It happened on Boxing Day so I doubt we will see much of him in the first team this year. No one will try to sign him until he has proved he is over the acl, so can't even see any offers in January even. I doubt he would turn down a contract extension in these circumstances.

Offhegoes

I agree. It happened on Boxing Day so I doubt we will see much of him in the first team this year. No one will try to sign him until he has proved he is over the acl, so can't even see any offers in January even. I doubt he would turn down a contract extension in these circumstances.
Each player is different, and before last July he never got inured despite being kicked around for 3 seasons. I would think the idea will be to give him a few run outs in July (pre season) or August (substitute appearances). I think he'll be starting come September.

Mcbean

Hoping they all come for a little run out Saturday while the squad is warming up or indeed after the win as all the plastic fans will be gone

PVA

Just watching the CCFC goal of the season reel and was reminded of his goal against Blackpool - delightful interplay between Palmer and O'Hare

And it made me think what a shame it is we didn't get to see them together properly (though clearly we've done very well without them).

Greggs

Palmer or "General" as he's known in our group has been a loss. His vision, technique and ability to pick a pass has been sorely missed. We've got a Jamaican in our group who reliably informs us General is Yardie speak for the top man.
Where abouts in Jamaica is Lewisham?

Users who are viewing this thread