kcic plan for Arsenal (1 Viewer)

MichaelCCFC

kcic plan for Arsenal

Theme will be 'Keep Cov in Cov - Your club could be next' and we think we can get a couple of decent sized banners made which can be displayed pre match, half time etc.

We also think we can get a few thousand signs printed for people to hold up so:

• On 35 mins – hold up signs saying ‘WHY’ and sing: ‘I wanna go home, I wanna go home, Back to the Ricoh, the Ricoh’s our home’ (link is we’re playing 35 miles from home and they question is why is being allowed to happen)
  • On 61 mins – hold up signs saying ‘WHEN’ and sing the Sky Blue song (link is JH became manager in 1961 and wrote the Sky Blue song containing the line ‘We’ll fight till the game is won’ which is what fans will do to get us back to cov with the question being when will this madness end and we return to our home)

Media will be briefed so they understand and can explain what's going on. We are also talking to Arsenal fans about this.

So who's up for it?

steveo1987

kcic plan for Arsenal

Theme will be 'Keep Cov in Cov - Your club could be next' and we think we can get a couple of decent sized banners made which can be displayed pre match, half time etc.

• On 35 mins – hold up signs saying ‘WHY’ and sing: ‘I wanna go home, I wanna go home, Back to the Ricoh, the Ricoh’s our home’ (link is we’re playing 35 miles from home and they question is why is being allowed to happen)
  • On 61 mins – hold up signs saying ‘WHEN’ and sing the Sky Blue song (link is JH became manager in 1961 and wrote the Sky Blue song containing the line ‘We’ll fight till the game is won’ which is what fans will do to get us back to cov with the question being when will this madness end and we return to our home)

Media will be briefed so they understand and can explain what's going on. We are also talking to Arsenal fans about this.

So who's up for it?

Seems reasonable. Good luck to you, a big banner will look good.i saw the strasbourg fans holding up a say no to Hull tigers banner the other day. Their plight has gone Europe wide.

Jimthor

I like the idea of the WHY and WHEN signs, just for its potential to capture attention. Can definitely picture the image of a sea of "WHY" signs on the telly!

It will have to be effectively implemented to work, though.
  • The banners will need to be effectively distributed to as many City fans as possible before the game.
  • There will need to be clear instructions for use (e.g. details of when to hold up could be printed on the signs in small letters, perhaps?).

Best of luck getting it off the ground. Hope people buy into it.

shmmeee

I'm in if I get a ticket. Agree with the post saying small instructions printed on (after all make things idiot proof and they'll invent a better idiot).

skybluejelly

it is a good idea but you are also going to get the sisu spin side of it saying we want to be in Coventry too ...its all down to the council we agree with the fans

RoboCCFC90

Love it!!

The only other message in the Sky Blue song relevant to all the Sky Blue Army that you missed Michael and perhaps the words that are more important at the moment are "While We Sing Together, We Will Never Lose" which shares the message of yours which we will never give up until we are back at the Ricoh, but also a reminder that all fans should stick TOGETHER we are all in this, divisions are still happening between fans and no matter who's to blame it reminds us we are all Sky Blue and are stronger as one.

MichaelCCFC

Love it!!

The only other message in the Sky Blue song relevant to all the Sky Blue Army that you missed Michael and perhaps the words that are more important at the moment are "While We Sing Together, We Will Never Lose" which shares the message of yours which we will never give up until we are back at the Ricoh, but also a reminder that all fans should stick TOGETHER we are all in this, divisions are still happening between fans and no matter who's to blame it reminds us we are all Sky Blue and are stronger as one.

Excellent point Robo - that's going straight in the media briefing! And in fact, how about calling the whole thing 'Let's All Sing Together'?

RoboCCFC90

Excellent point Robo - that's going straight in the media briefing! And in fact, how about calling the whole thing 'Let's All Sing Together'?

Brilliant idea.. It's recognisable instantly and gets all the Sky Blue Army on side.

Good work mate!

chiefdave

kcic plan for Arsenal

So who's up for it?

Good stuff. Would it be possible to get some A4 signs with WHY on one side and WHEN on the other, some small print on each side explaining what to do when and why and distribute them outside the ground?

MichaelCCFC

Good stuff. Would it be possible to get some A4 signs with WHY on one side and WHEN on the other, some small print on each side explaining what to do when and why and distribute them outside the ground?

Yes, that's exactly what we want to do regarding signs and it's looking like we can get a few thousand produced. Could hand them out by turnstiles or maybe put them on seats?

skyblueref

Just a thought. You could distribute a job lot to a few people in different areas/blocks out side to place under seats when inside. Also if you are consulting Arsenal could you perhaps see if they shall distribute under the seats assuming they can be delivered on time?

Calista

This is a rare opportunity. The plan is to print “a few thousand”, but the impact would be far greater if you could print enough for everyone in the ground i.e. including the Arsenal fans as well. I think I’m right in saying that this match is included for Arsenal season ticket holders, so I guess there will be a decent attendance.

Not sure about costs, but in printing there are huge economies of scale. For example, you might find that 50,000 sheets would only cost twice as much as 5,000 sheets.

With suitable small print to explain the situation, I’d hope all the Gunners fans would take part, and you must have contacts among their supporters’ groups to help with the distribution?

MichaelCCFC

Just a thought. You could distribute a job lot to a few people in different areas/blocks out side to place under seats when inside. Also if you are consulting Arsenal could you perhaps see if they shall distribute under the seats assuming they can be delivered on time?

More great ideas! Dependent on the police and stadium management we'll hopefully have a finalised plan by the end of the week

shmmeee

its a shite idea that has zero % chance of being effective.

Depends what the goals are. If it gets a mention on TV I'm sure michael will see it as a win.

I have my reservations too but this perfectionism is what stopped anything happening at Sheff Utd. Better to get behind a less than perfect plan than to snipe from the sidelines and have no plan at all I'd say.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Good effort Michael.....If I was going I would join you & help out....but i'm not, so I won't.:p

I see its Michael & KCIC making all the running again......

....Any support from the SB Trust on this??

Covstu

I dont think producing 50000 is realisitic, lets stick to our own fans first, you want the cameras on the away fans for this one. What you will need to consider is if 7000 fans turn up and you only have 2000 sheets, this would look a little poor on TV so the 'order' may need close monitoring against ticket sales.

Monners

Andreas just looks down his nose at everyone else and tries to derail threads to entertain himself with his particular brand of charmless wit (q unfunny sracastic reaction - the tone of which always reminds of Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons).

Hope it goes ok (can't make the game myself), as any attention to our plight that can be picked up by the media can only be a good thing.

Last edited:

skyblueinBaku

Good to see you've put some time in to make some constructive critism and proposed an alternative protest as you feel this one won't be effective.

Why do you think he wants to give an alternative idea for a protest? He seems perfectly happy with things the way they are.

skybluearmy88

just a small point, you may need to specify what you mean by 35th minute etc. for example when we were at mk dons the plan was for fans to applaud during 10th minute (if memory serves me right) which would tchnically mean when the score board says 9 minutes....some fans clapped then and others clapped during the 11th minute (when the scoreboard said 10) just a thought :-/ love the idea tho and am up for that!

AndreasB

just a small point, you may need to specify what you mean by 35th minute etc. for example when we were at mk dons the plan was for fans to applaud during 10th minute (if memory serves me right) which would tchnically mean when the score board says 9 minutes....some fans clapped then and others clapped during the 11th minute (when the scoreboard said 10) just a thought :-/ love the idea tho and am up for that!

see what I mean

Users who are viewing this thread