Keep Cov in Cov campaign - next event (1 Viewer)

MichaelCCFC

Due to lack of time I'm afraid I just can't keep up with posts on here anymore so if anyone is interested in the following please use the contacts that are mentioned

Just posted on https://www.facebook.com/pages/Not-One-Penny-More

-----------------------------

Ok – anyone up for a peaceful and lawful Keep Cov in Cov campaign aimed at persuading the Football League to change its ground share decision and NTFC to withdraw from the plan?

First suggestion is for Sixfields this coming Saturday morning, 13 July.

Last 24 hours have been a bit manic but hopefully things are now back on track.

Some ground rules – I have notified the Police of the existence of this Facebook page and the http://keepcoventryincoventry-nopm.weebly.com/ website. The Police will monitor both and if I spot anything promoting violence or illegal action I will immediately pass it to the Police. Violence of any kind will achieve nothing except damage the campaign and the same goes for anything illegal.

If people are up for it, this campaign will work on ideas being posted here [the facebook page], and copied on twitter and the website, with it then being for individuals to decide how they choose to act. Kcic/nopm are nothing more than the Facebook page, the website and @notonepennymore on twitter. There is no committee, no group of people running this, no money or resources of any kind.

(For anyone interested in the history, nopm was started by one guy who I never know if he wants his name publicised but we all owe him huge thanks for doing it. He didn’t have time to keep running it so the Sky Blue Trust took it on but as a subsidiary undertaking and autonomous of the Trust. And I’m Michael, a Trust Board member and @MichaelCCFC on twitter and MichaelCCFC on Sky Blues Talk)

So to get the ball rolling, anyone up for Sixfields this Saturday morning?

Contact via https://www.facebook.com/pages/Not-One-Penny-More/ or [email protected]

rupert_bear

Would definitely have gone to Sixfields but for the fact we are playing at Nuneaton and feel this is the ideal place for a large demonstration, any other time i'm in on turning up at Sixfields on Northampton matches

MichaelCCFC

Only way to stop groundshare is to get Football League to change its mind and/or NTFC to withdraw. So that's why protest has to focus on them. Something @ Nuneaton would be good too, but that's easy to organise. Seeing if there is interest in something at Sixfields in the morning is therefore the starting point

torchomatic

Hopefully he police are keeping an eye on some of the things you've saying on here.

Would definitely have gone to Sixfields but for the fact we are playing at Nuneaton and feel this is the ideal place for a large demonstration, any other time i'm in on turning up at Sixfields on Northampton matches

cloughie

Nuneaton that's the place to protest. It's near so ensures bigger numbers.

The last chance for most of us to watch City so get the protests noticed!

ccfcdale

As much as I love what the trust is doing for the club, I cannot see sense in us going to protest at NTFC when we've a game at Nuneaton later on, I cant afford to be getting coaches/cars to another city when you can protest at Nuneaton. Ill be at Nuneaton but cant do NTFC.

J

Jack Griffin

Bad choice Michael, I'm going to Nuneaton to make my feelings known.

I will never go to Northampton.

letsallsingtogether

I would have gone but I am working on Saturday, and I am already booking half a days holiday to go to Nuneaton but best of luck see you all at Nuneaton.

shy_tall_knight

Could the SBT send an official request to all club's supporters asking them not to attend Sixfields to watch the Exiled Sky Blues. Even send a small party of fans to Ashton Gate for their pre season friendlies to discourage their fans from going.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I'm fitting a curtain rail, hanging a door, assembling a chest of drawers & glossing the skirting boards of our back bedroom whist watching the Tour De France on my Laptop.....

....but I'll be at Nuneaton in spirit.:wave:

RegTheDonk

Only way to stop groundshare is to get Football League to change its mind and/or NTFC to withdraw. So that's why protest has to focus on them. Something @ Nuneaton would be good too, but that's easy to organise. Seeing if there is interest in something at Sixfields in the morning is therefore the starting point

If its "too easy" to organise, then organise it surely? Better to have a couple of thousand chanting and protesting before and after a game, than a few dozen outside an empty stadium.

If you are in contact with the police, suggest you get advice on what needs to be done to make a protest legal, so no supporters get nicked without justification. For example, everyone going to Nun park at a specific place about a mile from the ground, then march en masse to the game. Police would need to ensure traffic was stopped etc, causes lawful disruption.

honestken

Due to lack of time I'm afraid I just can't keep up with posts on here anymore so if anyone is interested in the following please use the contacts that are mentioned

Ok – anyone up for a peaceful and lawful Keep Cov in Cov campaign aimed at persuading the Football League to change its ground share decision and NTFC to withdraw from the plan?

Some ground rules – I have notified the Police of the existence of this Facebook page and the http://keepcoventryincoventry-nopm.weebly.com/ website. The Police will monitor both and if I spot anything promoting violence or illegal action I will immediately pass it to the Police. Violence of any kind will achieve nothing except damage the campaign and the same goes for anything illegal.

If people are up for it, this campaign will work on ideas being posted here [the facebook page], and copied on twitter and the website, with it then being for individuals to decide how they choose to act. Kcic/nopm are nothing more than the Facebook page, the website and @notonepennymore on twitter. There is no committee, no group of people running this, no money or resources of any kind.

(For anyone interested in the history, nopm was started by one guy who I never know if he wants his name publicised but we all owe him huge thanks for doing it. He didn’t have time to keep running it so the Sky Blue Trust took it on but as a subsidiary undertaking and autonomous of the Trust. And I’m Michael, a Trust Board member and @MichaelCCFC on twitter and MichaelCCFC on Sky Blues Talk)

Contact via https://www.facebook.com/pages/Not-One-Penny-More/ or [email protected]
uve got it the wrong way round mate,

should protest in cov this saturday morning so then ppl can go to nuneaton after for the game.

then next saturday 20th July you should protest at 2pm at sixfields as Northampton are playing in a friendly, would get far more publicity and some of their fans may join the protest also.

50 odd ppl protesting next saturday at sixfields would be far better than 100 pll walking through coventry on a saturday morning the trust has even said similar in the past when other protests were mentioned.

honestken

this is why we need to protest at sixfields on 20th July when they are playing a home friendly v Peterboro!!

cant believe you lot dont see the relevance of a protest on this day!

would annoy the northampton chairman aswell as etra police will be needed at his clubs cost!! would probably cover the 1st months rent!! then keep doing it everytime they play at home on a saturday.

RegTheDonk

Does this mean I have to get a facebook account to offer ideas now?!?

This is one of the problems I think NW. Too disjointed, you've got people putting some bloody good points across on Sky Blues Talk, but its just one of many places to discuss ideas. Facebook is the "in" thing, but like yourself, how many people bother with it because they see it as a kids fad. Same with Twitter.

Not everyone is into computers. I could name you half a dozen relatives/friends that go to City games, and the only way they get info is from the TV, the paper, or the radio. The Trust, and NOPM, need to be telling the telegraph, CWR, and Mercia what they are planning to do well before the event. And keep banging on at them, get them to remind supporters to turn up.

And, to Michael now, forgive me for being picky, but seems to me from your initial post that the Trust were planning something for Saturday - without realising we were playing at Nuneaton? Know your audience, I suggest.

letsallsingtogether

This has been talked about just not sure which course to take maybe a meet at the Ricoh then a slow drive in convoy to Nuneaton not breaking any laws by driving Cautiously?

may piss off a few people though :D
uve got it the wrong way round mate,

should protest in cov this saturday morning so then ppl can go to nuneaton after for the game.

then next saturday 20th July you should protest at 2pm at sixfields as Northampton are playing in a friendly, would get far more publicity and some of their fans may join the protest also.

50 odd ppl protesting next saturday at sixfields would be far better than 100 pll walking through coventry on a saturday morning the trust has even said similar in the past when other protests were mentioned.

RoboCCFC90

What action would you take if a certain Coventry City fan posted on either site "I am goiing to stay on my hunger strike, NOPM!!" ??

NorthernWisdom

This is one of the problems I think NW. Too disjointed, you've got people putting some bloody good points across on Sky Blues Talk, but its just one of many places to discuss ideas. Facebook is the "in" thing, but like yourself, how many people bother with it because they see it as a kids fad. Same with Twitter.

It effectively silences me (some may say this is a good thing:D ) if it's going exclusively through facebook from now on.

Bad enough having to sign up here to get a voice:thinking about: but it seems I'm having to run around to offer ideas.

More than happy for those ideas to be rejected (as even if I think they're great, accept I am but one person:wave: ) but in all this anger and vitriol, some positive constructive suggestions from anybody about what we do next is surely welcome?

Better to have the ideas and rationalise why they don't work or realise not many will go along with them, than just bulldoze through without testing the waters first!

magic82ball

Does this mean I have to get a facebook account to offer ideas now?!?

No, you can write your ideas on the back of a postcard and send them in, or failing that, a telegram might be a good option along with carrier pigeon. Remember to use a quill though as these new fangled technologies called pens tend to run dry after a while.

Nick

Administrator
I have offered the Trust a section on here a few times so people could discuss trust issues / idea but don't think they liked it.

Surely openly planning action with the fans to see what more fans / members want would mean bigger crowds rather than saying "this is what we are doing, like it or lump it" when a lot of posters on here have said they wouldn't bother.

There have been a lot of great ideas on here about things we could do (radio at the ricoh idea etc) so I suggest the Trust do start reading and taking onboard things from ALL CCFC forums as their market is the fans.

Market research is good but only if it is taken on board. "nobody likes onion with that cheesecake but we do, so screw them" won't work.

NorthernWisdom

No, you can write your ideas on the back of a postcard and send them in, or failing that, a telegram might be a good option along with carrier pigeon. Remember to use a quill though as these new fangled technologies called pens tend to run dry after a while.

Among my principles includes disagreeing with facebook, their dubious use of personal data, and my desire to boycott them as a result!

MichaelCCFC

It effectively silences me (some may say this is a good thing:D ) if it's going exclusively through facebook from now on.

Bad enough having to sign up here to get a voice:thinking about: but it seems I'm having to run around to offer ideas.

More than happy for those ideas to be rejected (as even if I think they're great, accept I am but one person:wave: ) but in all this anger and vitriol, some positive constructive suggestions from anybody about what we do next is surely welcome?

Better to have the ideas and rationalise why they don't work or realise not many will go along with them, than just bulldoze through without testing the waters first!

Can't say I'm a facebook fan but I've inherited the page and reality is it is where most stuff is going on. Info is also being copied onto http://keepcoventryincoventry-nopm.weebly.com/ which shows the contact email address - [email protected] . Trouble is I don't have time to do everything and I find it impossible now to keep up with the different threads and individual posts on here. Signing out!

Nick

Administrator
Hi Michael,

One of the ways you can do it is by subscribing to the threads of interest, then it lets you know when they have been updated. So for example when somebody replies to this thread you get an email to let you know.

It would be crazy to totally ignore the forums and just listen to facebook surely?

skybluesam66

michael is unfortunately showing why many on here have not or will not sign up to the trust

we dont want sisu because they ignore us, canvas opinion and then do what they want anyway - and in the end go to Northampton
Sund familiar Michael ?

wingy

Hi Michael,

One of the ways you can do it is by subscribing to the threads of interest, then it lets you know when they have been updated. So for example when somebody replies to this thread you get an email to let you know.

It would be crazy to totally ignore the forums and just listen to facebook surely?

Missing out on a whole demographic of a certain age for starters ,not necessarily the nicest format for communication in that they're open to campaigns that heavily involve abuse of others ,which is why I wouldn't think to go there ,having said that what am I doing In Here.:thinking about::facepalm:

NorthernWisdom

Missing out on a whole demographic of a certain age for starters ,not necessarily the nicest format for communication in that they're open to campaigns that heavily involve abuse of others ,which is why I wouldn't think to go there ,having said that what am I doing In Here.:thinking about::facepalm:

Fair point ;)

Claim democracy, but democracy on your terms is a dictatorship.

Womble

Fair point ;)

Claim democracy, but democracy on your terms is a dictatorship.

I'm finding this slightly hard to swallow. Surely an effective protest should occur in coventry during every preseason game to bring awareness of the situation. Having a convenient protest so you can dash off to watch the side at Nuneaton is almost pointless. This is not about those 11 employees any longer, its bigger than that now, this is about YOU and YOUR club, directors, players will come and go. Without cov fans, the lifeblood of the club ends and there is no club. SISU or whatever you call them do not care about you, they just care about their ROI.

Cov fans need to work together, the owner/ manager of this forum should link up with the trust and carry a solitary message, reach as many as possible. Use those text deals to spread the word, use your own Facebook accounts , tweet and retweet. Get a leaflet produced for Saturday and make sure everyone who does attend the Nuneaton game gets informed and knows how to find out information. It can be done... Cov fans must unite under 1 message.. 1 aim

NorthernWisdom

I'm finding this slightly hard to swallow. Surely an effective protest should occur in coventry during every preseason game to bring awareness of the situation. Having a convenient protest so you can dash off to watch the side at Nuneaton is almost pointless. This is not about those 11 employees any longer, its bigger than that now, this is about YOU and YOUR club, directors, players will come and go. Without cov fans, the lifeblood of the club ends and there is no club. SISU or whatever you call them do not care about you, they just care about their ROI.

Cov fans need to work together, the owner/ manager of this forum should link up with the trust and carry a solitary message, reach as many as possible. Use those text deals to spread the word, use your own Facebook accounts , tweet and retweet. Get a leaflet produced for Saturday and make sure everyone who does attend the Nuneaton game gets informed and knows how to find out information. It can be done... Cov fans must unite under 1 message.. 1 aim

Best chance of protests succeeding is the ones that get most onside.

Personally not convinced I'd want the Ricoh one mooted here as it sides with ACL.

However, objectively, it was bloody popular on here!

Therefore even if it wasn't my preference, it'd be nice to think if I was making decisions, I'd feel obliged to look into it as an option, as feedback was rather positive in the main. It would be my responsibility in fact, to look into it, as it stood out as something popular.

No great shakes to come to that conclusion is it? But that's it, the same as you've just given feedback here, all feedback should be listened to and a decision made on the back of that.

If you just focus on facebook, you might miss something like that, or you might end up with a certain narrow demographic of people deciding they're right, by cutting off others' views and it becomes a self-massaging ego trip rather than something useful and constructive.

Taking on board feedback doesn't mean you have to act on it, but at a time where we need as many people as possible onside for whatever does happen, to refuse to listen to some feedback and consider other feedback more important than others is crazy!

Nick

Administrator

I have tried to work with the trust, it also depends what the message is as I don't want to try and force things upon members on here if they don't agree with them.

Nick

Administrator
If you just focus on facebook, you might miss something like that, or you might end up with a certain narrow demographic of people deciding they're right, by cutting off others' views and it becomes a self-massaging ego trip rather than something useful and constructive.

Taking on board feedback doesn't mean you have to act on it, but at a time where we need as many people as possible onside for whatever does happen, to refuse to listen to some feedback and consider other feedback more important than others is crazy!

Exactly, there are multiple CCFC forums which users are surely the Trust's target audience? A few days ago it was said that the trust aren't bothered about taking on new members now and now it has been said that only facebook will be bothered with?

If I was running an organisation / company and there was a forum with 4000 people in my target audience I'd be begging for help with market research / marketing....

For example if I ran a Toyota Parts company, I'd be trying to link up with Toyota owners clubs, forums etc like a shot as they are my target audience.

Users who are viewing this thread