Ken Dodd.... rip (1 Viewer)

skybluealan

Doddy dead ! Funny man first time I saw him was 1963 entertaining the crowd at HR before the quarter final against Manchester United, anyone else remember that
I remember that day, he was in the centre of the pitch with a skyblue jumper on, then he said he was warm took it off and had a red jumper on, everybody shouted at him, looked around, made a few comments, took the red jumper off and had a skyblue one on under the red. Everybody cheering. Great entertainer.

Terry_dactyl

I agree that was a skill, but I rated Bob Monkhouse as one of the best ever comedians to have that skill. Now, THAT man WAS a bloody brilliant comedian! And clever. He could ask the audience to name any subject they could think of and he would tell a joke relating to it. All Ken Dodd ever did was wave a feather duster about, say "Cor blimey, Missus! What a great day for.....".
I honestly cannot remember watching him and even cracking a smile. He was bloody shite!

Monkhouse did have an incredible recall for jokes. I did enjoy it when monkhouse was on ‘have I got news for you’ shortly after he’d lost the book he recorded all his gags in. Paul Merton quipped that the thieves would get done for handling stolen goods!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Clearly you did not know much or see much of him. He kept the officers mess up all night with the fervor reminiscent of Robin Williams. That's some compliment.
All I can say is, if Ken Dead, sorry Dodd, was your humour limit, just don't invite me to any of your parties! Oh, and I never thought too much of Robin Williams either. He was never the same after he left Take That!

Users who are viewing this thread