Kenny Jackett (1 Viewer)

japandy

Leaving Millwall. He was there more than five years and has achieved so much with a club that was 'not the full shilling'. When Gary Johnson leaves Yeovill he will leave them in a better position than before. When Fergie retires he leaves an amazing legacy. Surely in any business the aim of achievement is judged by how you leave your position. It is with that sad analysis that I think CCFC have not achieved, or had a manager, that has not achieved the job of leaving us in a better position than when he came in. I believe Mark Robins could have been that man but we will never know.

psgm1

Banned
Just look at the form of the final games after DM left. I said it at the time, that's when the rot set in. And if everything else remained the same (ie no other players left), then there is only one conclusion possible. The foprm enjoyed by city wasn't because of the managerial prowess of Robins, but the form of his life for David McGoldrick!

Then look at his form at Huddersfield. Some of the heaviest defeats they suffered under him, annd but for exceptionally poor bristol etc they would no doubt have gone down!

Robins IS NOT A GOOD MANAGER !

kg82

Just look at the form of the final games after DM left. I said it at the time, that's when the rot set in. And if everything else remained the same (ie no other players left), then there is only one conclusion possible. The foprm enjoyed by city wasn't because of the managerial prowess of Robins, but the form of his life for David McGoldrick!

Then look at his form at Huddersfield. Some of the heaviest defeats they suffered under him, annd but for exceptionally poor bristol etc they would no doubt have gone down!

Shut up you tool.

Covterrier

WRONG !! Robins 1st league game as manager was a 6-1 defeat at Forest, only had the players a couple of days, so that can not be laid at his door really. He followed that up with a goalless draw followed by an away win at Burnley. A 4-1 defeat at Brighton was the last time the team were tonked. Under Thimon Graython we'd had a 4-0, 4-2, 6-1, and another 4-0 if you include Robins 1st league game in charge as another of Thimons then your statement that Robins is responsible for Towns heaviest defeats is complete Tosh. As for going down, never going to happen ;)

Gaz

Robins is a good manager and when he left us we were in better shape than when he first took over.
The turn around in players like Carl baker was down to him.
All the players confidence where on the floor, but he then got us winning matches and turned our season around.
For me, this was a clear sign that he was a good manager.

japandy

Mark Robins was the best manager City have had in my 40 years of following City. Why? He wanted to always learn. He had a philosophy which our board didn't share. Time will tell but I have nothing but respect fo the man.

Coleman came in when we had about 7 strikers and no wide players and basically a crap squad, he resolved that and came up with a much more balanced team and some very good players who were sold on for peanuts but should have made big profits after he left, so you could say he improved us. Problem being SISU then dismantled us to where we are now.

Mucca Mad Boys

Coleman came in when we had about 7 strikers and no wide players and basically a crap squad, he resolved that and came up with a much more balanced team and some very good players who were sold on for peanuts but should have made big profits after he left, so you could say he improved us. Problem being SISU then dismantled us to where we are now.

Peanuts? Dann + Fox for 5.5m when signed for 1m for both?

Brighton Sky Blue

That summer of 2009 we raked in nearly £7m in transfer fees. Can't see any of the current crop being sold for a 7 figure sum!

fernandopartridge

No he didn't. He was an unmitigated disaster.

He had a squad capable of much better in 0809 but failed miserably.

Nonleagueherewecome

Users who are viewing this thread