Kevin Malaga placed on transfer list (1 Viewer)

matesx

Look on the back of our matchday programme and you’ll see our squad is MUCH bigger than any oppo teams so far this season

We have 37 players listed on back of the MK Dons programme……….. they had 20, 19 if you took Jimmy Bullard off (as he has retired)

Ridiculous

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Surely he can learn English? Maybe he isn't settled here?
I dunno it would probably take a while to learn the language, do we want to be paying wages for a player who isn't going to feature in the first team at all. Or he has had a falling out with the boss potentially over not being picked because of his English?

Skyblueheff

Or is it robins had come in a said why if we are skint why have we got 6 cb. 7 if you include Christie

SkyBlue_Bear83

Or is it robins had come in a said why if we are skint why have we got 6 cb. 7 if you include Christie
If the decision was purely financial I would have thought Wood with his level of performance so far would have been first out of the door, probably earning over 3/4x the average of the rest of the squad

Grendel

When Malaga, Edge and Brown signed I said we had two many centre backs for a league 1 club. I would have thought they were going to get rid of Wood but I doubt anyone would want him. Malaga looked good against Sheffield Utd so I am guessing it is because he can't speak English

Wood has played over 250 games mostly above this level. What has Malaga done before signing for us? He must have thought Christmas came early when he got a deal. He will be hard to shift.

SBS

Personally I don't see the sense in putting a player on the transfer list when the window is so far away. Loan list yes, but transfer list I can't see the logic. Say we get a couple of injuries/suspensions at CB, and Malaga has to be called up, is his head going to be in the right place? I understand we've got a lot of CB's, but I can't see him being on a particularly big wage as he's unproven and signed recently, which is why I'm not really buying into the freeing up wages idea either. I also thought he played pretty well in the game I saw him in, obviously still adapting to the English game but looked as though he had potential. A loan spell in league 2 may make more sense. As would getting rid of Brown and Wood, but that sounds easier said than done.

SkyBlueRuffian

In Cameron and Willis we have 2 excellent young defenders on the brink of the first team so why did fat Thorn sign Brown, the Edge and Malaga, the fcukin eejit?

SkyBlueRuffian

Personally I don't see the sense in putting a player on the transfer list when the window is so far away. Loan list yes, but transfer list I can't see the logic. Say we get a couple of injuries/suspensions at CB, and Malaga has to be called up, is his head going to be in the right place? I understand we've got a lot of CB's, but I can't see him being on a particularly big wage as he's unproven and signed recently, which is why I'm not really buying into the freeing up wages idea either. I also thought he played pretty well in the game I saw him in, obviously still adapting to the English game but looked as though he had potential. A loan spell in league 2 may make more sense. As would getting rid of Brown and Wood, but that sounds easier said than done.

So you really think we'd have 6 centre halves suspended and injured at the same time?

SkyBlue_Bear83

In Cameron and Willis we have 2 excellent young defenders on the brink of the first team so why did fat Thorn sign Brown, the Edge and Malaga, the fcukin eejit?
Errrmmm.... because otherwise we would only have had 3 centre halves an 2 of them would be under the age of 21

ccfctommy

I just want to see Cameron back in the starting line up tbh. Edgenguele is ok. Don't know a lot about Malaga tbh.

SkyBlueRuffian

Errrmmm.... because otherwise we would only have had 3 centre halves an 2 of them would be under the age of 21

My point is why sign 3 more, why not 1. And what the fuck has age got to do with it, Cameron has played at a higher level than League One? If you're good enough you're old enough.

Grendel

It terms of experience Malaga is a 12 year old. He seems to have played 5 professional games from what I can see.

SkyBlue_Bear83

My point is why sign 3 more, why not 1. And what the fuck has age got to do with it, Cameron has played at a higher level than League One? If you're good enough you're old enough.
Young players have potential but have lapses in concentration, don't have the mental strength and can be prone to mistakes leading to goals. That is what age has to do with it, doesn't mean they are useless. Just that they are not ready for playing 90 minutes twice a week

Grendel

Young players have potential but have lapses in concentration, don't have the mental strength and can be prone to mistakes leading to goals. That is what age has to do with it, doesn't mean they are useless. Just that they are not ready for playing 90 minutes twice a week

So a 30 year old Malaga still with 5 professional appearances would be you preferred choice?

SkyBlue_Bear83

It terms of experience Malaga is a 12 year old. He seems to have played 5 professional games from what I can see.
From what I can make out he has spent most of his career playing in the reserves of French teams, reserve sides in the foreign league don't work the same way as here I don't think. Instead of having a reserve division they play in the same league system as the first team but a few divisions below them.

Brighton Sky Blue

Wood has played over 250 games mostly above this level. What has Malaga done before signing for us? He must have thought Christmas came early when he got a deal. He will be hard to shift.

He's on a 3 year contract. Madness allowing to sign players on such deals when the manager's position was being heavily scrutinised.

SkyBlueRuffian

So only young players have lapses in concentration?

Black6Osprey

Very surprised by this, seems like an easy target to me. If Robins really wants to free up cash and get rid of what he sees as dead wood then I hope Brown, Wood, Macca, Kilbane and Barton all follow him down the road as Malaga was a long way off being the worst player in this squad.

CCFC_Charlie

The man played 2 games for the club, us as fans are in no position to judge him as either a good or bad player based on that. All that know is for what ever reason he will be leaving the club.

ebo67

In robins we trust.let him do what he's got to do .we are rebuilding and clearly Malaga isn't in his plans

Steve.B50

Keep Malaga, send back Brown
I thought when he played he was much better than some. Would rather keep him than Brown, he is just terrible.
Wood is ok, he tries and does attack a ball but Brown, typical Man Utd big head.

Nonleagueherewecome

Daft decision, he was good against Sheff U and dropped harshly after Bury. He's miles better than Dead Wood and on nothing like the money.

Nonleagueherewecome

We should sign Des Walker based on the fact that he used to be good..Wood's a total liability, and one costing upwards of 10k per week at that. I can only think we're playing him to put him in the shop window-it's backfired, he's soiled goods!

Nonleagueherewecome

Interesting you mention Bischoff SW, I was thinking just the other night that he's in danger of losing his place in my "Worst Ever City XI" if Wood keeps up his stunning form.

Users who are viewing this thread