kevin phillips (1 Viewer)

CovLis86

Scored more goals today than the entire coventry squad have all season.

Shame Sisu didnt take the gamble eh.

Yep, we should have signed him. He was as good a replacement as we were ever going to get for King and how much are we missing a decent striker now?

If SISU were serious about their investment then they'd have sorted it out because I'm confident that if we'd had a decent striker on the pitch for our first two games we'd have won them. It's no coincidence that the best teams have the best strikers.

smileycov

Facebook User
:welcome:

Hi Hanna......i would reserve judgement though!!
LOL enjoy

sky blue john

I'm sure the same people who are saying we should have got him based on scoring two goals are the same people who would of be calling outcry if we had signed him and he bombed or got injured.
At the end of the day its immaterial the club have no money to sign any players !

Marty

Phillips is a class act, has always scored goal and always will, would of fitted in perfectly into our set up, taking the money issue out of the debate, I would of loved him here but i don't think he would of joined, were quite obviously a club on the decline and the chance to join a team that has just come down and strengthening would of been an offer to good to turn down. Hes probaly looked at it and though I can retire as top scorer in the championship having helped a team to promotion. no better way to leave the game.

CovLis86

Phillips is a class act, has always scored goal and always will, would of fitted in perfectly into our set up, taking the money issue out of the debate, I would of loved him here but i don't think he would of joined, were quite obviously a club on the decline and the chance to join a team that has just come down and strengthening would of been an offer to good to turn down. Hes probaly looked at it and though I can retire as top scorer in the championship having helped a team to promotion. no better way to leave the game.

I dont see why he wouldnt have joined us. Blackpool losing a lot of players are not guranteed a good season by any stretch, and if SISU at least made out to him that they were going to invest , he could have thought we were going to be in for a good seasojn and he was on about not wanting to uproot his family from the midlands, we would have been the perfect choice. Mind you, hes probably got more sense than us lot so i see your point!

Just think im bitter and frustrated at the moment. Nothing less than a win at Palace will do now.

if SISU at least made out to him that they were going to invest , he could have thought we were going to be in for a good season.

This is what I mean. They're not investing because they couldn't care less about our club anymore. If they did and they'd asked AT what he needed he'd have said a striker - he even said he'd love to have Phillips at the club.

J

Jack Griffin

Think that maybe Hanna has ulterior motives

She's a robot if she thinks a footie forum has any synergy with overrated & overpriced handbags and shoes? Whats wrong with Matalan? LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

Paxman II

Thorn made clear we would talk with him but I believe we could not meet his wage demands so it never grew roots....

So for once SISU's lack of backing there is to blame.

Users who are viewing this thread