Kevin Thornton (1 Viewer)

Nathccfc

Abit of a fall from Grace, he has signed for Coventry United. What failed him for years ago? I remember him playing for cov, but not 100% sure what sort of player he was, as I was only young and couldn't really recall the type of player he was.
ecaedc0c7656d5a0e3e7e274789f6fe8.jpg

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

eastwoodsdustman

He is a prime example of a wasted talent. Lots of skill and ability and went past players with ease but sadly knocked back pints with equal ease.

StevieM

I remember seeing him when he was a boy at a reserve game at Highfield Road when he was a youth lad, he had about 3 pies in his hands.
He was a real talent that was drawn through self indiscipline to the dark side.
These kids have one shot, and if they fuck up they end up playing for Coventry United and welcome to the world!

Otis

I remember seeing him when he was a boy at a reserve game at Highfield Road when he was a youth lad, he had about 3 pies in his hands.
He was a real talent that was drawn through self indiscipline to the dark side.
These kids have one shot, and if they fuck up they end up playing for Coventry United and welcome to the world!
Could be in about 5 years time that Cov United fans will mock players who end up at the City.

Captain Dart

Wow, he will tear up the Midland League, if they can get him anything like fit & keep him off the pop & out of trouble.

Surprised to see he is 30 already!

Terry Gibson's perm

Wasted his talent but a prime example of paying a young kid more money than they can control.

westofrayne

Was a talented player, should have gone far, but money and drink destroyed any hope in that.

Such a shame, his story, like others, should be hammered home to youth players around the country so they don't make the same mistakes.

Sky Blue Kid

Yet we can sing the praises of King? A player who did far worse things than Thornton. doesn't make sense.....eh?

Skyblueweeman

Yeah, sad to see that his potential wasn't fulfilled for whatever reason. If he's enjoying what he's doing, fair play to him.

Covstu

Firstly he needs to sort that friggin beard out!!

I liked KT when he was playing for us but you could always spot him on the pitch as he was always about a stone and a half over weight. He had talent and pissed it away, he was never gonna be a superstar but he could have been a decent player and certainly in a better position that he is now.

Also CU kit is shocking!

CCFC88

I think he came through the youth ranks at an awkward time where the sport was becoming more proffessional and aimed towards healthy living, he was a Gascoinge in a world of every emerging Henry's, personality wise, I am in no way comparing him to either.

You very rarely hear of players going that route these days, you will always get the odd Jack Grealish though.

Captain Dart

Also CU kit is shocking!

That is a sponsored training top not the match kit, nice to see local business supporting local Football.

mark82

Looks like they'll be one of the favourites to win the league again. Will be interesting to see what level they settle at.

Otis

I personally don't have a problem with them. I know a few do, but good luck to them, they seem to have been doing very well.

Would I watch them? Maybe of they had a big cup tie or something.

Nice to see a Coventry team doing well even if they possibly did set the club up for the wrong reasons initially.

Orca

I head a story about KT from this weekend just gone. After rolling out of a nightclub at 6am in Cov town centre a drink fuelled argument started between KT and some lad who was minding his own business. A friend of mine stepped in and KT was right in his face shouting 'don't you know who I am? You should google me.' My mate promptly stuck him on his arse.

So, he's still out carousing and getting himself into trouble. Shame really, but having heard this story, he got what was coming to him.

Nick

Administrator
I head a story about KT from this weekend just gone. After rolling out of a nightclub at 6am in Cov town centre a drink fuelled argument started between KT and some lad who was minding his own business. A friend of mine stepped in and KT was right in his face shouting 'don't you know who I am? You should google me.' My mate promptly stuck him on his arse.

So, he's still out carousing and getting himself into trouble. Shame really, but having heard this story, he got what was coming to him.

Seen that happen in the past. Usually it was him running to hide behind big blokes who were out with him probably just for his money!

SkyBlueCoco88

I have known Kev for years and drink was always his demon. Surrounded himself with the wrong people who exploited a nice lad and let the footballers lifestyle get in the way of being a footballer. Shame to see him keep sliding down the leagues but you get out what you put in I suppose. Oh and he loved a "Do you know who I am?" Shout nearly as much as Gunnarsson did

ccfcway

I have known Kev for years and drink was always his demon. Surrounded himself with the wrong people who exploited a nice lad and let the footballers lifestyle get in the way of being a footballer. Shame to see him keep sliding down the leagues but you get out what you put in I suppose. Oh and he loved a "Do you know who I am?" Shout nearly as much as Gunnarsson did

gunnarson, captain of his county and played in euro finals

thonrton, a few games for cov city

speedie87

I've never understood the do you know who I am stance , surlely you don't want to be noticed........

Think I'm missing the I'm a celeb gene.......

Nick

Administrator
I've never understood the do you know who I am stance , surlely you don't want to be noticed........

Think I'm missing the I'm a celeb gene.......

Doesn't really make a difference who they are, I have seen it happen a few times where the answer is usually "I dont give a shit who you are" and they end up getting chinned anyway.

Otis

Doesn't really make a difference who they are, I have seen it happen a few times where the answer is usually "I dont give a shit who you are" and they end up getting chinned anyway.
Think the apt response is, 'you eat, shit and bleed the same as the rest of us.'

Users who are viewing this thread