King (1 Viewer)

zuni

Not sure if I am being to hasty but surely we should have had a press conference from the new owner, new year new owner with at least platitudes...I know there's alot to do but surely something?

Worries me the stink of of sisu still hangs in the air with the noise of his office being shared with sisu...fingers crossed a real new era but surely...some words to the fan base to at least reassure / pacify or encourage...unless I missed and I apologise for being a dick

jim20

I’m sure we will hear from him once he is up to speed and has a plan in place. It’s a busy time, and he’s probably also concentrating on January transfer business. Rather he be getting stuff done then talking about doing things like SISU have - they probably had more press conferences on building a new stadium then doing any actual work on it

SkyBlueScottie

Actions speak louder than words, the fact that he has been in charge for a week and weve made a couple of loan signings, one which we couldnt afford to pursue in the Summer means he has been busy, so would rather he keeps on speaking to Robins and ensure we are run properly.

Calista

Wasn't it stated his hq is same building?
No, lots of companies use the same nominal address as a convenience (no doubt there is some technical or financial advantage to that). I believe it was found to be the case that one of King's companies used the same addressing facility as one related to Sisu.
I'm not saying Sisu aren't still pulling strings at CCFC, but the company address thing seems like a red herring.

slowpoke

We don’t know but my guess is sisu put it out there they were open to sell and King made his interest known. Doesn’t mean he is the other cheek of same arse. Tim Fisher going the first day of the takeover suggests to me sisu are marginalised. I’m sure he will have his business plan, let’s just see where all this takes us.

Sky Blue Harry H

Doug King is an anagram of Donut Kid (if you change a couple of the letters)
That can't be a coincidence - an obvious link to SISU (which is widely known to stand for Sugar Is Super Unlimited.

My mate explained it to me in the pub last night.

Nick

Administrator
You can take the Piss but it’s still a hell of a coincidence that he is even in the same building as SISU

No it isn't, he isn't sat on the next desk. It was (past tense) a registered office address along with hundreds of others.

pusbccfc

He's clever not to do one.

He could come out and say he's spending money but then people hold him to it and get frustrated when he doesn't.

Or

He comes out and says we won't be spending money (like Robins has admitted) and people won't like that either.

He's better off keeping his cards close until the summer.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Not sure if I am being to hasty but surely we should have had a press conference from the new owner, new year new owner with at least platitudes...I know there's alot to do but surely something?

Worries me the stink of of sisu still hangs in the air with the noise of his office being shared with sisu...fingers crossed a real new era but surely...some words to the fan base to at least reassure / pacify or encourage...unless I missed and I apologise for being a dick

Yeah it's good to talk, has a smell of SISU all over it.

alexccfc99

Not really too bothered - What is he going to actually say?

I’ll be impressed by actions and not sound bites in the media

slowpoke

Not really too bothered - What is he going to actually say?

I’ll be impressed by actions and not sound bites in the media
And that’s what it’s all about, Doug King is in situ all we fans can do is sit back and see what’s delivered from his promises, we’ll soon know and suss him out if he’s a bit of a phoney. I don’t think a link to sisu is what some think it might be.

bawtryneal

All most fans really want to know is how much money are we going to spend on new players and are we going to keep the top 4/5 squad members.
The reality is to keep a low profile and let the world think we are broke and keep things under the radar. That is why MR is making his comments. As posted above “actions speak louder than words” and judge the situation on February 1st.

Hobo

Yes Storey should have took over. Gave press conferences and had players signed even before he bought the club.

Personally I would rather owners stay in the background and let the football do the talking. Rather than someone craving the limelight from their vanity project.

Users who are viewing this thread