Kit (1 Viewer)

cyril

I may have missed something but what's with today's kit?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Been all over sports news. It's the 1987 Final replica kit.

Mucca Mad Boys

I didn't see the point of wearing a replica shirt, it was milking it a bit. We should've worn our usual kit tbh.

ccfc92

Wearing that kit today was a disgrace to the 87 squad. It was 26 years ago now, no 25. Fair enough, celebrate what happened in 87, but we shouldn't embarrass ourselves like this.

Houchens Head

A bit like England and 19 sixty bloody 6!

ccfcway

agreed

"we did well in 1987, and despite being in League One, and you being 5th in the Prem, we are gonna wear the kit that we beat you in, with an own goal in injury time"

I'm convinced it had something to do with the 1st half peformance

kingharvest

I don't see it like that. It's for the fans, players probably don't give a shit what they where I imagine.

It's a nice kit, has good memories, what's the problem?

ccfcway

I don't see it like that. It's for the fans, players probably don't give a shit what they where I imagine.

My "Jim Fixed It for Me" T-Shirt had great memories, but now its just plain wrong !

Mucca Mad Boys

That kit? It has one memory... Losing to Southampton U18s last year in the 3rd round!

We didn't even wear the original kit! Why!?

covan

Wearing that kit today was a disgrace to the 87 squad. It was 26 years ago now, no 25. Fair enough, celebrate what happened in 87, but we shouldn't embarrass ourselves like this.
<br />
<br />
It's 25 years.. It will be 26 years in may. You don't start telling people your 1 year older on jan 1st do you?

Houchens Head

That kit? It has one memory... Losing to Southampton U18s last year in the 3rd round!

We didn't even wear the original kit! Why!?

Probably a bit old and smelly by now and the fact that Granada are no longer our sponsors?

ccfc92

<br />
<br />
It's 25 years.. It will be 26 years in may. You don't start telling people your 1 year older on jan 1st do you?

Well we wore it to commemorate the 25th anniversary, in Jan 2012? I get what you mean, but its still 26 years in terms of years, which is not a nice round figure. Also, it is now associated with 2 losses (the commemorative shirt, not original)

WillieStanley

Unbelievable. The only thing we have at the moment is our history. What's wrong with celebrating it? I'll never tire of hearing it. I'll never stop watching the match and if we want to tip a hat in the direction of our past heroes when we havethe chance to play the club we beat to win the greatest domestic competition in the country... Well that's just great!

Get over yourselves!

Mucca Mad Boys

Probably a bit old and smelly by now and the fact that Granada are no longer our sponsors?

Ok, or at least the retro version, without the sponsors. Man U and Man C did it for the Munich Air Disaster anniversary.

Thinking about it, with sponsors, you do have a point, I think they wouldn't mind if we did it for 1 game?

WillieStanley

Ok, or at least the retro version, without the sponsors. Man U and Man C did it for the Munich Air Disaster anniversary.

Thinking about it, with sponsors, you do have a point, I think they wouldn't mind if we did it for 1 game?

We've already taken liberties by making them barely visable on last years and this years kit. I think it would cost too! At least the one available to buy just has Puma on it!

SkyBlueScottie

Jeez we have some mongs for fans..... Anyone with 1/2 a brain cell will realise why we wore the kit today..... It was released last year to commerate the cup final win, this year we were drawn against Tottenham, so lets wear it again to bring in a load of publicity (we have not been off the bbc sport section) and also we had a fair amount of replicas to sell....

As for it somehow ruining the memory or 87.... do me a favour.

Last edited:

Mucca Mad Boys

Jeez we have some mongs for fans..... Anyone with 1/2 a brain cell will realise why we wore the kit today..... It was released last year to commerate the cup final win, this year we were drawn against Tottenham, so lets where it again to bring in a load of publicity (we have not been off the bbc sport section) and also we had a fair amount of replicas to sell....

As for it somehow ruining the memory or 87.... do me a favour.

Which we did last year... When it was the 25th anniversary, an actual landmark.

If we do it on the 26th, why not do it every year! :facepalm:

skybluelee

It was cringeworthy and made us look tinpot. To do it last year to mark 25 years was a nice touch but to wheel it out to mark 26 just cos we got Spurs was embarrassing.

Maybe if we get drawn at Hillsborough next year we can produce the yellow one to mark 27 years of our qf win...

ccfc92

It was cringeworthy and made us look tinpot. To do it last year to mark 25 years was a nice touch but to wheel it out to mark 26 just cos we got Spurs was embarrassing.

Maybe if we get drawn at Hillsborough next year we can produce the yellow one to mark 27 years of our qf win...

Spot on lee. Obviously people like being made to look stupid and throw stupid remarks, but at the end of the day, we wore that shirt yesterday when it was 26 years on, and lost.

Users who are viewing this thread