KP45 - more action now (1 Viewer)

SBT

The lack of action from Sheffield Wednesday and the EFL is a total disgrace. For all we know, the guy arrested today could attend the game tomorrow night - SWFC have said nothing about any banning orders, or extra protocols. We got a cobbled together video saying “Racism is bad” and that’s it. As a club, Sheffield Wednesday have faced zero consequences; nothing but tumbleweeds from the EFL since the weekend.

If Palmer, or the entire team, refused to play tomorrow night they would have my full backing.

Covcraig@bury

The lack of action from Sheffield Wednesday and the EFL is a total disgrace. For all we know, the guy arrested today could attend the game tomorrow night - SWFC have said nothing about any banning orders, or extra protocols. We got a cobbled together video saying “Racism is bad” and that’s it. As a club, Sheffield Wednesday have faced zero consequences; nothing but tumbleweeds from the EFL since the weekend.

If Palmer, or the entire team, refused to play tomorrow night they would have my full backing.
100%

slowpoke

Sheffield police have made an arrest, in this country you are innocent until provern guilty.
I don’t think Sheffield Wednesday can do anything while the police are dealing it.

jim20

Completely agree.
With us playing them less than a week later the EFL should have put something in place…something like if it happens again then SWFC fore-fit the fixture and get knocked out.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

You don’t need to be proved guilty of a crime to be banned from a football stadium.

This is correct.

I genuinely thought Wednesday were a decent football club but they’ve badly let themselves down with the way they’ve handled this.

In under 12 months, there’s been the moron with the Bradley Lowery mocking, Darren Moore receiving racist abuse and now this with Kacey Palmer.

Some of their fans have blamed Palmer and some have blamed the anger towards the mismanagement of the club by Chansiri. This is an absolute piss take in my mind. With all of the protests we had against SISU, I don’t remember anyone ever using it as an excuse to racially abuse the opposition players.

Hope we do them 4-0 tomorrow.

Yank

How sweet would it be if KP gets the winner tomorrow?:love:

shmmeee

Yeah it’s not like a football ban is some irreversible act. If it turns out he’s innocent just let him in again.

Brighton Sky Blue

I genuinely just thought it was Millwall that was a weird time capsule of a club. Turns out I was wrong, it appears that not only Sheffield Wednesday but the wider footballing authorities aren’t all that concerned about monkey gestures and racist chants being aimed at players in 2024.

mullingar

Personally I'd like to see him apologise to Kasey in person and if Kasey was willing. Then he could suffer the ban and whatever sentence is imposed but I'm wary of a social media pile on. We need more healing and less hate

alexccfc99

It’s upto him and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him sit it out but I really really want him to play tomorrow and I’ve never ever wanted a player to score in a game more

The amount of sweeping under the carpet some of their fans have been doing is shameful, I hope he shuts them right up, we tank them 5-0 and we don’t play them again for years

the rumpo kid

Herd tonight they caught the fucker .
Probably mentioned somewhere else, but , 34 you questioned about inflammatory racist hate crime.

Hope they thow the book at the snivelling little shit.

South West Sky Blue

Would have thought that as standard if he was arrested he's instantly banned from football grounds? That should be the case. If by some miracle he's innocent (the footage is pretty conclusive) then it can be looked at then.

While there's suspicion, it's being investigated and then if found guilty he shouldn't be anywhere near a football ground.
If someone is arrested, police can apply bail conditions. I know this used to be standard practise for all football related arrests, as well as things like domestic violence.
These bail conditions would include not to attend any registered football match.

The law changed a bit around 2018ish, making it a little more difficult to arrest people and apply bail conditions. I’ve no idea if this has happened here or not, but it’s no longer as simple as it used to be.

The government at the time didn’t want as many people arrested, or kept on bail for so long.

That being said, I’d be amazed if Shef Wed didn’t ban him before any court officially bans him. I would’ve expected them to have announced it by now. I’m sure they will in the coming days.

slowpoke

You don’t need to be proved guilty of a crime to be banned from a football stadium.
I’m no lawyer so don’t know but I think a fan has to admit liability and normally get a caution and subsequently a banning order from police and/or club but if this fan is saying he is innocent not sure what swfc can do. We all want the guilty man dealt with but this chap has yet to be charged so might not be charged, if it was me I wouldn’t go but he might be saying I’m innocent so fuck it I’m going.
Any decent defence lawyer would be yelling prejudice until he is charged.

I

Astute

Sheffield police have made an arrest, in this country you are innocent until provern guilty.
I don’t think Sheffield Wednesday can do anything while the police are dealing it.
Are you real?

It was the case many years ago before CCTV. But now you get recorded all the time. It is undeniable evidence a lot of the time. We have all seen what the racist w@nker did. Bang to rights and guilty 100%. It was so conclusive that their other racists didn't try to say it didn't happen but tried to blame it on Palmer.

Or would you like to explain to me how he is innocent until he goes to court when everyone who is interested has witnessed him doing it.

Covstar

Name and shame the guy, ban for life from stadium, if hes working then workplace should fire him immediately, fine the club, deduct points from the club which will make him feel embarrassed and ashamed for he did with all his friends and family aware that he's the one who potentially caused the club to go down with points deduction and causing shame for his family.

Should be protocol for every each incident to deter idiots like him from doing it again.

Cheylesmore ITK

I’m no lawyer so don’t know but I think a fan has to admit liability and normally get a caution and subsequently a banning order from police and/or club but if this fan is saying he is innocent not sure what swfc can do. We all want the guilty man dealt with but this chap has yet to be charged so might not be charged, if it was me I wouldn’t go but he might be saying I’m innocent so fuck it I’m going.
Any decent defence lawyer would be yelling prejudice until he is charged.

I
nonsense

Admittance to a football stadium is not a right. It's private property and the club will have r.o.a.r.

rob9872

I think you mean nonce sense 😉

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

This is correct.

I genuinely thought Wednesday were a decent football club but they’ve badly let themselves down with the way they’ve handled this.

In under 12 months, there’s been the moron with the Bradley Lowery mocking, Darren Moore receiving racist abuse and now this with Kacey Palmer.

Some of their fans have blamed Palmer and some have blamed the anger towards the mismanagement of the club by Chansiri. This is an absolute piss take in my mind. With all of the protests we had against SISU, I don’t remember anyone ever using it as an excuse to racially abuse the opposition players.

Hope we do them 4-0 tomorrow.
You’re right no racism towards players but plenty towards stewards at away grounds.

Hobo

He is on bail pending further inquiries, so may have a bail condition not to attend while investigation continues.

Hobo

Before we get too self righteous. Let's not forget the banners over the M69 are in the same bucket. Both are the acts of morons spreading hate and inciting hate. Both should receive banning orders.

shmmeee

Before we get too self righteous. Let's not forget the banners over the M69 are in the same bucket. Both are the acts of morons spreading hate and inciting hate. Both should receive banning orders.

Are they? Outside the ground for a start. What hate is incited by the banner? As poor taste as it might be.

There’s a reason protected characteristics are protected.

slowpoke

What does that have to do with what a private entity such as a football club can do?

Nothing
I’m certain swfc will and if there are bail conditions might have done so, their problem is though if he doesn’t get charged it could leave them open to be be sued. As Mr. Bumble the Breadle said the law is an ass.

CCFCSteve

Are they? Outside the ground for a start. What hate is incited by the banner? As poor taste as it might be.

There’s a reason protected characteristics are protected.

Hmmm. I know what you’re saying but I’d happily have the person who put the banner up banned from the stadium. If they’re willing to go to the trouble of making and putting that up….and at no point questioning whether it was a wise/sensible move…then it’s probably only a matter of time before they did something embarrassing/poor taste on the spur of the moment in the ground

Users who are viewing this thread