Kurt Zouma (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

As with a lot of things it will come down to money. If pressure is put on sponsors and they start pulling out because of it then West Ham will get rid. As we saw from his selection last night if they aren't forced to do anything they won't.

Otis

As with a lot of things it will come down to money. If pressure is put on sponsors and they start pulling out because of it then West Ham will get rid. As we saw from his selection last night if they aren't forced to do anything they won't.
Apparently his sponsor has pulled out.

Sky Blue Pete

Pets r us and cats protection league have pulled out their sponsorship

clint van damme

I think you'll find those two events are 'non sequitur'

They're both about acts that ended in harm to a living creature. Both about where a footballers career goes after being convicted so not really.
The Jimmy Carr thread was about offense and freedom of speech.

You'd have been better comparing the reaction to this thread to another one about harming another living creature.

For example the Sarah Everard thread, I'd say you're more worked up on here than on that thread so you must value cats over women (see, we can all play the silly reach game)

clint van damme

rob9872

They're both about acts that ended in harm to a living creature. Both about where a footballers career goes after being convicted so not really.
The Jimmy Carr thread was about offense and freedom of speech.

You'd have been better comparing the reaction to this thread to another one about harming another living creature.

For example the Sarah Everard thread, I'd say you're more worked up on here than on that thread so you must value cats over women (see, we can all play the silly reach game)
I think you'll find I was consistent on my views with the Everard case too. I mentioned it here as a supposed funny based on your responses but once again you've taken it in a different way. I used to think you were one of the more sane voices of reason on here, but lately seem to be argumentative for the sake of it.

clint van damme

I think you'll find I was consistent on my views with the Everard case too. I mentioned it here as a supposed funny based on your responses but once again you've taken it in a different way. I used to think you were one of the more sane voices of reason on here, but lately seem to be argumentative for the sake of it.

I don't think for one minute you care about cats more than humans, which is sort of my point.
You've used this cat incident to try and make some sort of point about people you disagree with on the Jimmy Carr thread and to Me there is no connection between the two and no point to be made.

It's not being argumentative, its calling out what I consider to be silly bollocks.

Grendel

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!

olderskyblue

For years and years, when I come home from a city match, my wife has said “do I have to hide the cat?” Assuming it would get a kick if we’d lost. Not sure where she/we got that expression from…

weirdly, we don’t even have a cat… :LOL:

NorthernWisdom

Yes I remember that one and thought the same
I suppose the logic is a teacher's in a position of moral authority and responsibility, whereas nobody expects that of a footballer.

Not sure I agree particularly (footballers surely still do community work, are a face for the club etc), but that's where we're at, isn't it. It's why King could be signed, whereas he'd have never got a job as a social worker... you'd hope(!)

Bugsy

His cats have been taken and are in RSPCA care

Last edited:

AOM

His cats have been taken and are in RSPCA care

Hope they can find a loving new home.

Not much of a punishment for Kurt Zouma though. Can't imagine he's that arsed if he's happy to harm them.
Hopefully a big fine/generous charitable donation will follow. Don't think the police will do anything

Terry Gibson's perm

Hope they can find a loving new home.

Not much of a punishment for Kurt Zouma though. Can't imagine he's that arsed if he's happy to harm them.
Hopefully a big fine/generous charitable donation will follow. Don't think the police will do anything

I think he has been fined two weeks wages 250k.

Reactions: AOM

stay_up_skyblues

giphy.gif

SBT

Zouma's been fined and asked for it to be donated to animal charities
Adidas has dropped his sponsorship
Vitality have suspended their sponsorship of WHU
Online petition calling for his prosecution has 100,000 signatures
RSPCA has taken the cats into care
Emotional West Ham fans are calling TalkSport to say they've put their scarves in the bin
Chris Kirkland went on BBC Breakfast to say it was worse than racism

How many more days of coverage do we think we can get out of this one?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Nothing but a sick bastard. As for being sorry, he's " sorry" simply for being caught, as happens to so many people when their actions are made public.

Otis

Nothing but a sick bastard. As for being sorry, he's " sorry" simply for being caught, as happens to so many people when their actions are made public.
Exactly. The fact they all seemed to think it was a big joke and a bit of a laugh and he hit his cat in front of his children, probably doesn't even point to a one off does it.

He's only sorry he's been caught.

Users who are viewing this thread