Kurt Zouma (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

Exactly. The fact they all seemed to think it was a big joke and a bit of a laugh and he hit his cat in front of his children, probably doesn't even point to a one off does it.

He's only sorry he's been caught.

Reminds me of another recent high profile apology
This won't be the only transgression from Zouma either.

SBT

Exactly. The fact they all seemed to think it was a big joke and a bit of a laugh and he hit his cat in front of his children, probably doesn't even point to a one off does it.

He's only sorry he's been caught.

I thought you refused to watch it?

Otis

I haven’t watched it but I still know he volleyed his cat in front of a kid whilst his brother filmed it and they were laughing by the fact that not only is it all over this thread but it’s all over the media!

Strange thing to call someone out on.
Exactly.

Very odd.

rob9872

SBT

Exactly.

Very odd.

Not a callout - it’s not as if the video needs much context. Just curious that a number of people have said they won’t watch it, but then subsequently said they had. Haven’t seen that before.

Otis

Not a callout - it’s not as if the video needs much context. Just curious that a number of people have said they won’t watch it, but then subsequently said they had. Haven’t seen that before.
No,I stuck to my guns. I said I wouldn't watch it and I haven't. It would upset me too much.

Kieranp96

Still think this is being blown way out of proportion, he had his cats removed given a ownership ban, fined and lost sponsorship,

Yet hazard kicked a lad got a few games ban
Suarez was straight up racist got a little fine,

I think his punishment is ridiculous especially considering far worst things have been commited by top level pros and nothing has come about not even close compared to KZ punishment.

Sky Blue Pete

Still think this is being blown way out of proportion, he had his cats removed given a ownership ban, fined and lost sponsorship,

Yet hazard kicked a lad got a few games ban
Suarez was straight up racist got a little fine,

I think his punishment is ridiculous especially considering far worst things have been commited by top level pros and nothing has come about not even close compared to KZ punishment.
Same
Ban pets
Fine or donation of 2 weeks sounds appropriate
If there’s a criminal offence then he will be prosecuted

Frostie

Really don't understand why everything has to come down to whataboutery these days.

Can we not simply judge an individual incident on its own anymore? It's almost like a lesser version of the 'All Lives Matter' shit.

What Zouma did is utterly heinous.
He has a duty of care to these pets, they rely on him for their well-being & basic survival & they will love him unconditionally in return. Instead he abuses them for amusement, in front of kids too, whilst filming & laughing about it. He deserves absolutely everything coming his way & more.

Am I allowed to say that whilst also saying that punishments for things like Racism etc. aren't strict enough too?

Last edited:

Otis

I do get the feeling there is a bit of "it's only a cat" about it for some people. Not necessarily saying specifically on here, but in general.

SBT

Really don't understand why everything has to come down to whataboutery these days.

Can we not simply judge an individual incident on its own anymore? It's almost like a lesser version of the 'All Lives Matter' shit.

He has a duty of care to these pets, they rely on him for their well-being & basic survival & they will love him unconditionally in return. Instead he abuses them for amusement, in front of kids too, whilst filming & laughing about it. He deserves absolutely everything coming his way & more.

Am I allowed to say that whilst also saying that punishments for things like Racism etc. aren't strict enough too

Hard to disagree with any of that. Although I do find it a weird coincidence that only a few days after we had people lining up to accuse people of performative outrage over a Jimmy Carr joke (as referenced in the first post of this thread), we’ve now got some of the same people going into overdrive about this video.

That’s not to say there’s a comparison to be made between the two, or that any of the outrage is necessarily misplaced or invalid. But people would do well to remember that people have emotional reactions about very different things, before they start piling in.

Sky Blue Pete

I do get the feeling there is a bit of "it's only a cat" about it for some people. Not necessarily saying specifically on here, but in general.
It is a cat but that means a defenceless loving pet. They do get eaten and drowned in countries around the world

JeffB

I have had my faith in human nature restored by viewing the West Ham forum ( KUMB) and they are almost unanimous in their revulsion and outrage. Most want rid of Zouma. The only dissenting voices are the pitiful excuses of human beings who clearly belong to the bloodsports fraternity who believe that their perverted source of entertainment is of far greater importance than an animal's suffering and death.
There is no doubt in my mind that in the future had this vile story not surfaced we would have all seen some sickening photograph of the incurable half wit Zouma kneeling on some hapless deceased creature in the middle of the Serengeti, gun in hand wearing that vacuous half baked smile.
As most correspondents have said the only regret he has is that of being caught. However God only knows what sort of unreported atrocities were carried out behind closed doors in the Zouma household.
Let us all hope that the poor cats are rehomed with the same type of decent people with a full supply of emotions who have made their feelings clear on this forum.

Last edited:

rob9872

Am I allowed to say that whilst also saying that punishments for things like Racism etc. aren't strict enough too?
In some ways yes you are correct, but it is a grey area. I just heard a Michael Antonio sound-byte asking if what Zouma did was worse than racism. I'll be honest my first thought was how is that relevant here, but he did go on to elaborate and call out that the punishment in football for racism was 8 games (case specific of course so can vary) where others are calling for Zouma to be sacked. On that basis he makes a solid point and it's hard to disagree.

Of course if I had may way, Zouma would be banned and so would the racists, so would Greenwood and many more, but then you'd be left with Shipley in the Premier League and far more on here would lose their shit over that :)

Kieranp96

For sure but why should someone lose a job over it as well as fine and other things when there are far worst people in the game?

Frostie

For sure but why should someone lose a job over it as well as fine and other things when there are far worst people in the game?

Who says they shouldn't be banned, sacked or whatever too?
Are we now saying that people are free to commit atrocities as long as someone somewhere has done worse?

Interesting to see that Dagenham have suspended Yoan Zouma whilst RSPCA investigate him for filming it yet the actual attacker carries on playing for his club like nothing has happened because he's worth a few million quid

Last edited:

Otis

In some ways yes you are correct, but it is a grey area. I just heard a Michael Antonio sound-byte asking if what Zouma did was worse than racism. I'll be honest my first thought was how is that relevant here, but he did go on to elaborate and call out that the punishment in football for racism was 8 games (case specific of course so can vary) where others are calling for Zouma to be sacked. On that basis he makes a solid point and it's hard to disagree.

Of course if I had may way, Zouma would be banned and so would the racists, so would Greenwood and many more, but then you'd be left with Shipley in the Premier League and far more on here would lose their shit over that :)
To my mind, 8 games seems very low.

Kieranp96

Are we now saying that people are free to commit atrocities as long as someone somewhere has done worse?

Interesting to see that Dagenham have suspended Yoan Zouma whilst RSPCA investigate him for filming it yet the actual attacker carries on playing for his club like nothing has happened because he's worth a few million quid
Not at all but it's a cat, how many people beat cats dogs up ect? Thousands, do they lose there income and stuff when caught? No they have a slap on the wrist their pets taken away and that's it, again it's been blown out proportion

Brighton Sky Blue

I mean you say that he was total shite against our L2 side

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Not at all but it's a cat, how many people beat cats dogs up ect? Thousands, do they lose there income and stuff when caught? No they have a slap on the wrist their pets taken away and that's it, again it's been blown out proportion

"The Animal Welfare (Sentencing) Act 2021 increases the maximum sentencing under the Animal Welfare Act 2006 from six months to five years for cruelty and fighting offences."

So, yes, with a criminal conviction and being in prison people do lose their income.

clint van damme

"The Animal Welfare (Sentencing) Act 2021 increases the maximum sentencing under the Animal Welfare Act 2006 from six months to five years for cruelty and fighting offences."

So, yes, with a criminal conviction and being in prison people do lose their income.

will be interesting to see what the outcome of this case and the woman who hit the horse are for what are very similar offences, albeit one was filmed covertly and one was stupid enough to be quite brazen about it.

rob9872

Interesting to see that Dagenham have suspended Yoan Zouma whilst RSPCA investigate him for filming it yet the actual attacker carries on playing for his club like nothing has happened.
Reminds me of the Derby drink drive incident with Keogh and Lawrence. One was injured and on a high wage so they wanted a get out clause and one was younger and had some value whilst not injured and was the driver. Which did they sack?

Clubs only protect their assets and are culpable for creating the culture that enables some to behave as they do.

robbiekeane

They should do but we don’t have the resource to police that properly. The maximum prison sentence is now 5 years too.

Also KZ is a professional athlete who is paid the amount he is paid because what he does (on the pitch yes, but also off) is broadcast to tens if not hundreds of millions of people around the world. That’s why they are endorsed and paid so much because of their platform.
So he has a responsibility. Not that it should be too burdensome a duty to not fucking kick animals around and laugh at it.

The fact he and his brother are laughing their head off and teaching a young child to hurt animals like that is a disgrace and is extremely alarming.

I wouldn’t want him playing for our club ever again after that.

Kieranp96

Cmon, how many people actually get sent down for animal welfare? I literally wrestled a guy a few years ago for kicking his door 4/5x he got a slap on his wrist and I was able to look after his dog until a owner came along.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Spot on. His brother brings to our attention what a cruel bastard he is and gets punished for it.

TomRad85

Its an awkward one isn't it. As you can probably tell from my pic, I'm quite fond of cats, animals in general actually. However put yourself in West Hams shoes... it would be a heck of a lot of money to write off (30 million?) were they to sack him. Only for another opportunistic club to pick him up for nothing afterwards I'm sure.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread