Lack of Transfer Activity (1 Viewer)

glancy89

Never like to come on here for a moan, but im a little suprised at the lack of activity going on in the transfer window considering we are playing promotion rivals and have a massive Fa Cup game coming up with little rest bite in between.

Embargo has been lifted and i know wages are limited but Lobjoit is gone, Manset gone, Barton going, and a few others etc.

Players slipping through then net for various reasons :

> Nouha Dicko
> Aaron McClean
> Chris Dagnall
> Still rumours about this Daganem and Redbridge striker (which someone else will snap up if were not careful
> Jolley from Kiddiminster (bright conference prospect)
> Andrew Drive (who we were once linked with

We need a striker (s) , defender and horrible little midfield who is going to grind out a result on a wet Tuesday night.

What are your thoughts.....

RoboCCFC90

Never like to come on here for a moan, but im a little suprised at the lack of activity going on in the transfer window considering we are playing promotion rivals and have a massive Fa Cup game coming up with little rest bite in between.

Embargo has been lifted and i know wages are limited but Lobjoit is gone, Manset gone, Barton going, and a few others etc.

> Nouha Dicko - Wasn't offered a deal with City, but constantly linked
> Aaron McClean - On a to higher wage.
> Chris Dagnall - Only offered a six-month deal as Pressley didn't see Dagnall as permnament answer.
> Still rumours about this Daganem and Redbridge striker (which someone else will snap up if were not careful - Pressley isn't interested in Rhys Murphy.
> Jolley from Kiddiminster (bright conference prospect) - Would be better off signing Louis Moult from Nuneaton.
> Andrew Driver (who we were once linked with) - Is on trial somewhere I believe. We are linked with a Celtic young lad..

We need a striker (s) , defender and horrible little midfield who is going to grind out a result on a wet Tuesday night.

I do know a little bit about this so help the answers help.

glancy89

He is so now we have signed Seabourne Nick, do you think our defence is complete and confident we can go on a streak of 1-0 wins which most promotion prospects end up doing after xmas....?
Seaborne is a defender isn't he?

glancy89

Thanks for info RobboCCFC90 > the problem is we are always just linked with these players - would be far easier to just rap up a deal before leaking to the media.....

Dicko is a game changer, Rhys Murphy is clearly banging in the goals, hungry to step up and cant cost a lot. I personally rated that Jolly from Kiddy from what i seen of him hence why Huddlesfield wanted him
I do know a little bit about this so help the answers help.

kg82

Lolley, I think it is? And he's been raved about but I can't see it coming off for him if I'm honest. Our division would've been better for him I think. Another kiddy player worth getting is Michael Gash just for the fact that when he scores they sing "we all love gash, we all love gash" etc!!

sky_blue_up_north

Why worry with have Jordan Clarke, striker supreme

Specs WT-R75

He is so now we have signed Seabourne Nick, do you think our defence is complete and confident we can go on a streak of 1-0 wins which most promotion prospects end up doing after xmas....?

What I would give for a few clean sheets... its been quite some time huh!

Sky Blue Kid

SP had about 7/8 players "On his Radar" just before the "January window" However I don't think SISU's Radar is anywhere in the same sector as SP's. My Gut feeling is...Leon gone, Moussa gone, Christie gone, and Fleck gone. Incoming....Come on! you're having a giraffe. we'll end up with a Pro squad of about 15/16 to see the season out.

Nick

Administrator
Shouldn't we wait until the transfer window is over? I mean everybody was raging before the last window about how we would lose all of our players and not sign anybody.

RoboCCFC90

Thanks for info RobboCCFC90 > the problem is we are always just linked with these players - would be far easier to just rap up a deal before leaking to the media.....

Dicko is a game changer, Rhys Murphy is clearly banging in the goals, hungry to step up and cant cost a lot. I personally rated that Jolly from Kiddy from what i seen of him hence why Huddlesfield wanted him

Being linked with player's doesn't mean that we are interested in them of course, unfortunately Dicko and Rhys Murphy are players that Pressley just doesn't think can help the Club, the best thing about Steven Pressley is that he is methodical on the players he wants, he only wants someone who will fit what he needs and although that means we won't see a flurry of singing's in means that hopefully the right person coming in will offer us something different and provide us with another attacking/defensive option.

I expect City to sign the Celtic lad on loan until the end of season and a few friends told me that we were interested in signing Greg Wylde before he opted for St Mirren..

glancy89

Thats the point Nick, wait until after the transfer Window risk losing vital points from Preston and Orient which in all fairness we need 6 points from and then face a losing battle.

Fleck is going no where in my view, Moussa could go (but pressley keen to keep) Leon on my view can f off now as he's lost interest and thats not good for any squad. Would just be nice to do the business in the first week of the window and then press of with our intentions of getting out of this division which i dont think is that hard if you eliminate the sloppy mistakes and put teams away. (a lot of clubs / managers have said we play the most attractive football and goals come from all areas of our team. (just needs adding to)

RoboCCFC90

Thats the point Nick, wait until after the transfer Window risk losing vital points from Preston and Orient which in all fairness we need 6 points from and then face a losing battle.

Fleck is going no where in my view, Moussa could go (but pressley keen to keep) Leon on my view can f off now as he's lost interest and thats not good for any squad. Would just be nice to do the business in the first week of the window and then press of with our intentions of getting out of this division which i dont think is that hard if you eliminate the sloppy mistakes and put teams away. (a lot of clubs / managers have said we play the most attractive football and goals come from all areas of our team. (just needs adding to)

I think with Leon his agent will be saying to him at the moment "You want interest in you go out there and put yourself in the shop window"

SkyBlue_Bear83

> Nouha Dicko
> Aaron McClean
> Chris Dagnall
> Still rumours about this Daganem and Redbridge striker (which someone else will snap up if were not careful
> Jolley from Kiddiminster (bright conference prospect)
> Andrew Drive (who we were once linked with

The only one of them we were definitely interested in was Dagnall. Dicko and Murphy were made up rumours probably started by fans, we were linked with Driver about 5 years ago so doesn't and in McClean and Lolley you have just plucked random strikers who have moved clubs recently.

jesus-wept

#don't worry Steve Waggott is working his butt off to make things happen.

RoboCCFC90

I think the Andrew Driver thing is interesting though, I think there is more chance that he weill sign for us now then 5 years ago, although he is currently on Trial at Yeovil (who in my view are certainty to get relegated) Pressley must be considering a move for him knowing that he played with Driver and is well aware of his abilities, apparently Driver did do well in the US (not hard in the Mickey Mouse Money League over there admittedly) but looks like all his troubles are behind him with respect to injuries, if he doesn't sign for Yeovil I think Pressley might consider it and might be able to persuade him, but we shall see as a free agent we don't have to worry about doing anything before the window with Driver.

The Gentleman

Shouldn't we wait until the transfer window is over? I mean everybody was raging before the last window about how we would lose all of our players and not sign anybody.

Yes to a certain extent. However, would it not be better to sign a player that you need on Jan 1st rather than Jan 31st. If your outgoings are going to fund your signings shouldn't the same rules apply, get your business done early and it enables you to move forward, leave it till the last minute and you get nothing. With regard to the noises coming from Seppela and Waggot about funding for new signings and Pressley identifying certain players. There can be no excuse if at the end of the month there is little or nothing coming in can there?

Sbarcher

Agree - get some good use out of them for the month (hopefully contributing to gaining points) instead of being forced to pick up crumbs once everyone else has had the best picks.

im-confused

SP had about 7/8 players "On his Radar" just before the "January window" However I don't think SISU's Radar is anywhere in the same sector as SP's. My Gut feeling is...Leon gone, Moussa gone, Christie gone, and Fleck gone. Incoming....Come on! you're having a giraffe. we'll end up with a Pro squad of about 15/16 to see the season out.

I would be sad to see these go, but I wouldn't mind SP bringing in a giraffe to fill the void.

Specs WT-R75

Cant see anyone other than Clarke going until end of the season at least

The longer it goes on the more it is possible that Leon might just stay until end of year? It looks like he really wanted to return to his home club, (and who wouldn't want that) so I don't think he will leave to go to any other L1 club, and I don't see many championship sides showing an interest.

runner

We are probably assessing the losses before they start spending what little they will have to spend ... who goes out dictates priorities I suspect.

Gint11

I believe Waggot and SP are working hard to make things happen. At present we have not lost anyone. Lobjoit is really losing anything as his a youngster. We want rid of Barton. Clarke hasn't gone yet. I personally didn't want Dagnall but SP said he was keen but hes obviously bought into the Orient plan. Just need to plug away.

runner

The key is holding Clarke, it's vital ... we can stand some losses in this window, but with Callum out ... Clarke is a must to hold onto, even if just till the summer and hopefully Callum coming back to the fore.

shmmeee

Bit early to complain IMO Pressley seems to like to take his time and not move if he's not 100%.

Let's wait until Feb so we know what's actually happened.

Specs WT-R75

Bit early to complain IMO Pressley seems to like to take his time and not move if he's not 100%.

Let's wait until Feb so we know what's actually happened.

I guess the worst case scenario would be not getting anyone in, but keeping everyone... so you would be relatively happy with this... only to lose Clarke at the last minute of the window.... I can already see it happening like a slow motion car crash!

jesus-wept

Our priority is the league form and winning at Arsenal remote so I doubt there will be much activity until the end of January. Why pay wages until they can play

runner

For some reason ... I actually think we have a slim chance of keeping Clarke ... not sure why, but do. Probably only till the Summer though ... no longer.

RoboCCFC90

At this moment in time I'd be happy if:

Departures
Adam Barton
Leon Lobjoit*

Arrivals
Dylan MeGeouch
1 maybe 2 experienced striker's**
Seaborne (Glad we got him)

Keeping
Cyrus***
Moussa
Leon

* I hate to say I said so but there was a thread at the half way point regarding the player who hadn't done enough in the first half of the season and I was slated for picking Leon Lobjoit, I think this last few days will justify that.

** I would love to keep Leon around, as the highest scorer he is of value to the Club, I would only have 2 experienced strikers if really required.

***Keeping all 3 of the above players is crucial to how we play although if any of them had to leave I would rather it be Cyrus as I think we have a ready made replacement in Aaron Phillips.

Last edited:

RoboCCFC90

For some reason ... I actually think we have a slim chance of keeping Clarke ... not sure why, but do. Probably only till the Summer though ... no longer.

When his transfer request first came in I would of said less than 15% but now I'd say it's 60% now that Wolves have brought in Dicko and are rumoured to be looking at Waghorn..

Stafford_SkBlue

We can't go for a good / named striker until Clarke is a done deal. Small market for Clarke it seems, who can afford and want him - Wolves or wolves or stay.

Hobo

Time to go yet, teams might be eyeing others but if they don't come off Clarke could be on a fees radar in the last couple of days of the window.

Users who are viewing this thread