Last 9 + FA Cup Formation (1 Viewer)

napolimp

Going into the tail end of the season, and having seen a great performance by MVE on the right wing, would this be the formation to carry forward through our remaining matches?

Collins
Lati/Eccles - Thomas - Kitching - Bidwell
Torp - Sheaf
MVE - Palmer/O'hare - Wright
Simms

Martin180

We are a better side going at teams as yesterday showed so we stick with 4 at the back. Wright showed great discipline yesterday playing left side also tracking back on many occasions .
We still have Allen to return and an ever improving Tavares which gives us many great options

SleepyGinger

Worked brilliantly against premier league opponents but I don’t think Van Ewijk is a winger. If we’re going to stick with that formation I’d rather see Eccles on the right and Van Ewijk behind him possibly.

Martin180

Worked brilliantly against premier league opponents but I don’t think Van Ewijk is a winger. If we’re going to stick with that formation I’d rather see Eccles on the right and Van Ewijk behind him possibly.
He might not be a winger but he had Wolves best player on toast , so much they moved him to another position.
Would definitely stay with him there for the rest of the season
Would also say his delivery yesterday was so much better than earlier in the season

SleepyGinger

He might not be a winger but he had Wolves best player on toast , so much they moved him to another position.
Would definitely stay with him there for the rest of the season
Would also say his delivery yesterday was so much better than earlier in the season
Just think in a game where teams are sitting back and he can’t use his pace he struggles to make an impact going forward. I still think we’ll go back to a 5 against Hudders.

Martin180

Just think in a game where teams are sitting back and he can’t use his pace he struggles to make an impact going forward. I still think we’ll go back to a 5 against Hudders.
I think Huddersfield is the game to stick with it . We have to be on the front foot and at them

Hincha

Think we need to keep it

We couldn’t control the game against the 2nd worst form side in the division last week (Watford) in a 5

Back to a 4 and we dominate a decent Prem outfit

shmmeee

Yeah it’s 100% the right formation now. And fluid enough to become a five or two banks of four if needed anyway with MvE wide right and Lats behind him.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

If he can do it against premier league opposition too right can he play on the wing, he had Wolves best player on ropes, he’s quick, can cross, can sometimes shoot, can take on a man, what more does he need (other than Latibeaudiere to stay fit)

Kilclines curly mullet

MVE can play as a winger. He has the pace to beat his man and get crosses in but he is also obviously defensively disciplined.

Its a shame we lost Sakamoto, as Sakamoto and MVE on the right are a premier league combination.
Calm down

Sakamoto was poor in the month leading up to his injury.

MVE has all the potential in the work but also needs to be more consistent

Neither are anywhere near Premier League quality at the moment.

In addition, both would be playing for the same position - on the right.

Viktor17

No question 4 at back like Saturday is way forward. We are some much more purposeful, front foot, energetic - everything we haven’t been with 5 at back.

attack the last 9 games, play to even 90-80% levels on Saturday, will be enough to win fair few games remaining.

Mucca Mad Boys

We caught Wolves out with our shape, but I’m not sure we’ll stick with it in the coming games. Against Wolves, we were fluid and used both shapes.

4-2-3-1 is undoubtedly the better formation when we have wingers available. MVE, Eccles, Tavares and others are just not wingers.

Either way, backing MR and the team to figure it all out.

shmmeee

Calm down

Yeah “Premier League Quality” doesn’t really have the same mystique since Saturday. And MvE plays RB.

Jamesimus

Calm down

Arguably our most consistent player this season needs to be… more consistent?

skybluecam

Calm down

Sakamoto was exhausted because he was playing every minute.

MVE had a good game for a side that outplayed a premier league team on Saturday. How can he be nowhere near their quality?

When Saka is fit next season they will play together, Milan behind him in right back.

messiahrobins

Calm down

You overestimate the PL. We are good enough to take on most, we just literally proved it.

blunted

Some people on here seem to mistake poor performances with loss of form when it is really being shagged out by playing too many games in too short a period of time. Our number of games to the end of the season are obviously worse than all the other championship teams. We have to fit in two more games and our run in is harsh. You want to play teams on the beach, not promotion or relegation contenders. Pray for no injuries or suspensions and a bit of luck.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Some people on here seem to mistake poor performances with loss of form when it is really being shagged out by playing too many games in too short a period of time. Our number of games to the end of the season are obviously worse than all the other championship teams. We have to fit in two more games and our run in is harsh. You want to play teams on the beach, not promotion or relegation contenders. Pray for no injuries or suspensions and a bit of luck.
Yep. I want a larger squad to allow players to rest when needed and not burn out and have performances drop off, or worse get injured.

Would be great to be able to say to players in the amber zone "have a week off and recharge the batteries"

Users who are viewing this thread