Last Season ..... (1 Viewer)

Last season, Coventry City F.C. took twenty (20) games to accumulate twenty (20) points. This season CCFC have gathered twenty two points (22) in eleven (11) games.

Dare we, as long suffering CCFC supporters, think something special maybe be happening? Just don't say it aloud as we wouldn't want to tempt fate, after all we haven't celebrated a promotion since 1967!

Please excuse the typing - I've been on the red wine!!!!!

Sick Boy

It certainly looks like we are in for an excellent season, it feels like we could actually achieve something for a change.

If we could bring in another goal scorer, there would no reason why we couldn't challenge for the top 2, which has to be the aim.

Otis

Yep, totally agree. We will be short changing ourselves if we say we are aiming for the top 6. We have to think in terms of automatic promotion.

georgehudson

a huge leap forward from last season, & a huge bout of thanks to TM, MV, & JC, whilst understanding the NOPM viewpoint, it is a true delight to watch the 2015/6 version of CCFC.
it would be nice to think we could get a crowd of 15k + for the Blackpool game

stupot07

Do we need to start booing if we're not top by Christmas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

Remain where we are now and it will all be hunky dory.

Only way fans will now get on the manager's and team's back will be if we completely lose the plot and go on a really bad run of say 5 or 6 defeats in a row.

That's not going to happen though I think. No team has totally outplayed us. We're stronger than last season, have a stronger back four, more pace and a fantastic goal scorer for this level.

Our only downfall I feel might come in January when Armstrong's and Kent's loans are up.

skybluesam66

even with a pessimists hat on 4 points from the next 5 games and we would still probably just about be in the top 6. We need to keep that gap to 7th though and extend it, and we can then focus on top 2

Astute

4 points and 9 goals ahead of 7th place. And to top that also a game in hand. If we win the game in hand by two goals we would be 1st :eek:

We shouldn't expect a top 2 finish. But it should be what we aim at. First target should be safety. we are nearly half way to safety with 35 games to go. 9 more wins will be safety. Then another 8 wins should have us in the playoffs. 6 more wins for automatic promotion. So 23 wins needed from the next 35 games. A big ask. But 2 clubs will do it. Why not us? We do have the best manager in our division.

Gazolba

Sick Boy;975978 there would no reason why we couldn't challenge for the top 2 said:
I want us to challenge for the top 1. Somehow 'Champions' sounds a lot better than 'Runners-up'.

mark_ccfc

What I note about this season is that there are no dominant teams. We have just scraped a win against a team that is second from bottom.

Since this is the case I think it is good strikers that are going to make the difference for any team in league one this season. If we can bring a decent replacement for Armstrong we can probably finish in the top 6.

logjoe

I think we should be concentrating on the next game and come Christmas if we are still in the same position then lets start getting ready for the run in

H

Huckerby

I think we should be concentrating on the next game and come Christmas if we are still in the same position then lets start getting ready for the run in
Exactly this. Next game is what's important.
You don't start out to build a wall - you try and lay each brick as perfectly as a brick can be layed, and soon you have a wall.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

Exactly this. Next game is what's important.
You don't start out to build a wall - you try and lay each brick as perfectly as a brick can be layed, and soon you have a wall.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If you don't start out to build a wall, why are you laying the bricks??? (Wax on, wax off):D:D

Users who are viewing this thread