Latest: Fisher says 'no chance' of CCFC playing at Ricoh (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

Pretty sure it was said the council would veto any deal with SISU for the Higgs share, and didn't they quote something daft like £40mil for their share?

We will be paying a lot more than that if this bluff was true trust me

WFC

My first thoughts we're.... well they have to at least say this and pretend they are doing it to get the FL to approve the ground share in the first place. The FL will only approve the ground share if they can demonstrate a plan to return to Coventry. This then allows them to continue with their current strategy.

If they are serious about it, then forget being back in the city in 3 years. Nice clever play with words that one, 'will be planned and delivered in 3 years', yep that's after the site has been found and purchased, appropriate financing is put in place, planning permission obtained and appeals heard if refused or objections put in. The FL would probably give them 5 years to get it done, but if they don't what really are they going to do, if it's progressed a certain way, they would plead against the various delays not being of their making and in all likelihood the FL would give an extension. All in all you could be away for some time, 7/8 years maybe, who knows?

In terms of location, immediate Coventry area can mean anything. The use of the words 'immediate area' is obviously meant to make you think in the city but in reality is often misused (sometimes deliberately) as a substitute for 'in the vicinity' which puts a whole different spin on it. I doubt very much if it would fall in the area where planning is controlled by CCC. They would obviously fight any planning rejection but if they are serious then why give yourself the problem, cost and delays in the first place.

My final thought was you may have the revenue streams from such a new stadium but forget any major investment for some time from this as it would most likely in the main go to paying back the investment in the new stadium at least in the short term. The worrying possibility would be to build it, then use it to leverage lending to pay back the investment immediately so they have their money back and so eliminate risk, then the revenue streams that are supposed to give you an advantage in the main just go on finance payments and the debt sits with the club. This could then extend into you just becoming an investment vehicle where the model is basically what is the minimum investment we need to put into the team in order to deliver the highest yield with that profit just going to the fund which holds a charge over the club for funding the stadium (cash cow). Ask any Saddlers supporter the question 'how is the only way you can make money out of a football club without them being in the top of the prem or having to gamble the millions needed to get them there?' and they will give you an example of this model.

Last edited:

Delboycov

I share your frustration BUT just imagine their long term vision was a multiple sporting franchise in various countries across the world? They would need their victory to support that vision & will go to whatever lengths are needed to get it. Walking away might not be an option for them UNLESS they get their money back.

I honestly don't know if you're on the wind up here Bazza! This is SISU we're talking about...they're not even good for mending the exercise bikes for the Academy at the Higgs Centre! They have taken us to our lowest point in generations...they've lost the support of almost all the fans...they've gone from one cock up to another...they appoint Feckin Ken Dulieu!....but all of a sudden they might have had an epiphanic moment where they have a vision of creating multiple sporting franchises in various countries across the world! Thanks for cheering me up mate on a very miserable night to be a CCFC fan...that really was funny! ;)

Last edited:

The Penguin

I'm absolutely flabbergasted by this. I struggle to see how this fucking bullshit can get any worse, short of the club no longer existing.

"All this will be in full consultation with the fans - starting with the upcoming forums. In consideration of financial fair play then we will own all the revenue streams that come from matchday and, non-matchday activities, and therefore we will have every chance of becoming a solid, vibrant club."

Firstly, since when have they given two shits about what we think?

Secondly, why should we suddenly believe these incompetent fuckstains have the ability to run a "solid, vibrant club"? Cos, you know, they've done such a good job of it up to now :jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

procdoc

Anyone that supports sisu over this is a fucking cretin. They have got to go. They are worse than Richardson in my opinion. I hope someone beats the shit out of Fisher at one if these fans forums

bamalamafizzfazz

Which would only give us some of the revenue. Long term most of us seem to agree that all of the revenue & owning our own stadium is the best way forward whoever the owner is?
I just want to be able for us all to get this severe distraction done & dusted so we can argue about things we have much better understanding of. Like who should play at left back before a game & whether it was a handball afterwards!

Blair Adams all day!!! :D

covmark

So long as any move out of Coventry isn't permanent I'll support the team regardless of where they are and who the owner is, if that makes me a traitor, a rent boy or a cretin then so be it
PUSB!!

Astute

<p>

Im sorry, but once the club leaves Coventry they are no longer Coventry City. You would not be supporting a team representing this city.

Grimsby Town have never had a ground in Grimsby. Their ground is in Cleethorpes. So why are they not known as Cleethorpes Town?

James Smith

Astute

We will not be moving anywhere. This is just another plan to get their hands on the Ricoh. They want the council to think they will be stuck with a football stadium and no club to play there. I don't believe a word they say. what sane person would? Not saying I am sane BTW.

They said the rent was too high. Instead of paying what they thought was a fair rent they paid nothing. When they were offered what was considered a fair rent they paid nothing. When the council got the loan refinanced they took the council to court, although the ground is owned by the council. Why was this?

Each plan to get the ground on the cheap has failed so far. To me this is just another attempt to do so. They won't be able to build another ground in Coventry. The council won't allow it. And how will they pay for it if they can't pay rent? They didn't take us over to have a football team. They wanted the Ricoh and the surrounding land. It will still be their plan. They have about run out of chances now though. They don't even know if they will still be ruining....sorry running our club at the start of next season for sure, but still go on about plans years in advance. They had not planned to be with us for as long as this. Does anyone really think they want to and can raise the cash to do what they are now saying?

The soothsayer

The idea the council will grant planning permission for these clowns to build a new stadium in the city while there is a perfectly good one already built is laughable , the legal wrangles over it would take years. all the road and access issues, infrastructure problems, and local objections etc etc..we have truly left the planet..

CCFCDan87

All the mugs saying SISU won't move etc... How much further proof you need? There wrecking this club and you all stick up for them.

We should have stood upto these years back.

Regis87

The idea the council will grant planning permission for these clowns to build a new stadium in the city while there is a perfectly good one already built is laughable , the legal wrangles over it would take years. all the road and access issues, infrastructure problems, and local objections etc etc..we have truly left the planet..

It would probably be outside Coventry I.e the old Peugeot works at Ryton / Brandon speedway so nothing to do with Coventry council

James Smith

I share your frustration BUT just imagine their long term vision was a multiple sporting franchise in various countries across the world? They would need their victory to support that vision & will go to whatever lengths are needed to get it. Walking away might not be an option for them UNLESS they get their money back.

Given the responses on here, the petition in the Telegraph and all the other supporters reactions to moving the club out, the threat was seen as the final nail in the coffin by some for their attendance at matches whilst SISU are in charge. However In an effort to get back the money they've 'invested' TF says our club definitely won't be at the Ricoh next season, and seems happy for the coffin to be lowered 6 feet into the hole and dirt start to be thrown on top. This is something ACL should call his bluff on and say fine piss off then. To recover the money already 'invested' (let alone the millions on a new ground) would need loads of fans paying to support the club financially on match days and I can't see that happening anytime soon at a ground share.

Last edited:

James Smith

You don't suppose he was watching Field if you build it they will come Of Dreams last night do you?

3D Jase

What I would do is lock Sisu, ACL and CCC in a room, and do not let them out until they both have "Compromised" a deal, You never always get what you want running a business, but you do have to "Compromise".
Also Trust is a major factor, ACL, CCC and Sisu do not trust each other.

hill83

All the mugs saying SISU won't move etc... How much further proof you need? There wrecking this club and you all stick up for them.

We should have stood upto these years back.

Saying they won't move isn't sticking up for them to be fair.

I'm sick to death with all of this now anyway, please please please let a takeover happen.

Otis

Thing is here, the more you think about it the more ridiculous it becomes.

Sisu are a hedge fund. It is their remit to get in, buy and then sell on asap. They are not in it for the long term. Their investors seek a return on their investment.

Bearing this in mind, you then have to realise that we are a League One club with no prospect of the promised land in the near future, would be playing games away from the city against the fans wishes, therefore alienating the fans, whilst building a 15,000 - 20,000 seater stadium, at great cost, that will take years to build and and if and when we do come back and do have success then that stadium wouldn't be big enough for us.

If we got to the Premier it would be 20,000+ attendances on a regular basis.

The whole thing is complete madness.

Where on earth do Sisu think this cash cow is?

CCFCDan87

Saying they won't move isn't sticking up for them to be fair.

I'm sick to death with all of this now anyway, please please please let a takeover happen.

Yes it is. Oh they won't move there not that bad! The usual suspects on here who love sticking up for SISU. Well I hope there happy now. Our club is a laughing stock. It's heartbreaking!!!!! Cunts

pusbccfc

What about my brick on the Ricoh, I don't want a brick on an entertainment centre.

What about the memorial garden?

What about Jimmys statue.

All a farce.

The new stadium could be built around the Balsall Common area. Once you leave from Eastern Green, Tile hill etc you are then outside of the Coventry borough.

Obviously there is a lot of Green belt etc, but it just shows that there is places in Coventry aren't in CCC.

torchomatic

hill83

Yes it is. Oh they won't move there not that bad! The usual suspects on here who love sticking up for SISU. Well I hope there happy now. Our club is a laughing stock. It's heartbreaking!!!!! Cunts

Ok, I don't believe they will move, and I'm not sticking up for them.
I think they are full of shit and and trying, yet again, to force the council/acl to accept their terms.
As, I believe, other people saying they won't move are.

CCFCDan87

Ok, I don't believe they will move, and I'm not sticking up for them.
I think they are full of shit and and trying, yet again, to force the council/acl to accept their terms.
As, I believe, other people saying they won't move are.
How much more proof do you need??? Jesus Christ, you lot need to wake up! SISU have done there homework and they don't care about the fans.

Don't blame me when I say I told you so when the 3rd of August arrives

Users who are viewing this thread