Latest SISU Press Release.... (1 Viewer)

Sub

Club ask for talks concerning rent and matchday revenues at Ricoh Arena
On Friday, 5th April we once again made it clear to Martin Reeves - Chief Executive of Coventry City Council and a director of ACL - that we want a negotiated solution, if necessary with a mediator to resolve the on-going dispute concerning the rent and match-day revenues at the Ricoh Arena.

We have asked Martin to respond by Friday 12th April.

The Club's owners are 100% committed to its long-term future and are determined to put the club on a sustainable business footing to ensure its viability and success going forward.

more good news :thinking about::thinking about::whistle::whistle:

RoboCCFC90

3 Options here

1) SISU believe that after all the dust settles they will still be in control of CCFC
2) Preparing to bring the club and the ground together
3) Are truly not in touch with what is going on with speculation PHIV's bid..

covkid69

oh does that mean no more transfer umbongos and also not having points deducted.....yeah yeah :jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

hill83

Apart from the fact I'd rather see them leave and get somebody new in, I can't see any problem with that statement.

I'm sure people will though.

Manchester_sky_blue

If the golden share truly does lie with CCFC ltd then Sisu are not the owners anymore and not in any position to ask for such a meeting.....

RoboCCFC90

Apart from the fact I'd rather see them leave and get somebody new in, I can't see any problem with that statment.

It's just whether you believe SISU are serious in this statement or saying to make the fans happy..

CovLis86

Sisu continue to act as if administration hasn't happened and all this fuss hasn't been caused... They are so deluded its untrue. Crooks. This mess needs to be sorted out by the season end.

Nonleagueherewecome

Is this a statement that they actually meant to release 3 months ago?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Just a small query ..... isnt the lease and licence in CCFC Ltd and therefore at this stage the only discussions that can take place are between administrator and ACL?

Also if ACL said well we dont want a new lease or even the existing lease with the current club owners so dont want to negotiate where does that leave things?

I also thought that the 29th January proposal was the final offer, so what is there to negotiate?

I read this as an attempt to try prove that SISU owned CCFC is being reasonable and that any failure to negotiate is firmly placed on ACL

*** edit of course that assumes the administrator is acting for the company to which he was appointed rather than jointly with any other party....... not that he has ever done that so far ;)

Last edited:
J

Jack Griffin

Interesting they used Martin Reeve's name directly & his position as CE of the Council.. that is a PR stunt if ever there was one, implying the council pull all the strings.

Sub

have SISU released this statement because they have realised they have fecked up completely and left the golden share in the wrong company and this is the last throw of the dice ?:thinking about::thinking about:

Mary_Mungo_Midge

On Friday, 5th April we once again made it clear to Martin Reeves - Chief Executive of Coventry City Council and a director of ACL - that we want a negotiated solution, if necessary with a mediator to resolve the on-going dispute concerning the rent and match-day revenues at the Ricoh

Who is the 'we' referred to in the first few words?

Until the administrators have forensically unravelled who owns what and whom; surely whoever posted this farce can't even answer who 'they' are, or what 'their' interest in continued dialogue with the stadium owners can or will be?!?

As such, a total waste of words :facepalm:

hill83

It's like they've released a statement just for the sake of it. It is completely pointless.

Manchester_sky_blue

have SISU released this statement because they have realised they have fecked up completely and left the golden share in the wrong company and this is the last throw of the dice ?:thinking about::thinking about:

I suspect you may have the truth of it there

Mary_Mungo_Midge

It's like they've released a statement just for the sake of it. It is completely pointless.

Prepare for it to be used out of context as a sign of the-flexibility-that-was-offered-but-spurned when the golden share's location is revealed. I can see it now: 'it should never have come to this. I remember when we offered, etc. etc....'

dongonzalos

Apart from the fact I'd rather see them leave and get somebody new in, I can't see any problem with that statement.

The problem I can see with it. Is they intend to stick around and that they think after everything that ACL are going to want to negotiate with them.

ACL have clearly stipulated that is has gone past that stage mediator or not.

So really it is a statement that was relevant about 4 months ago.

I can only guess that they will get a reply to that affect so what was the point?

hill83

The problem I can see with it. Is they intend to stick around and that they think after everything that ACL are going to want to negotiate with them.

ACL have clearly stipulated that is has gone past that stage mediator or not.

So really it is a statement that was relevant about 4 months ago.

I can only guess that they will get a reply to that affect so what was the point?

I agree. I meant the statement itself is fine, but the intent behind it? Maybe not.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Sconset Capital owns....
Sky Blue Sports & Leisure Limited, which owns....
Otium Entertainment Group Limited, which owns....
CCFC (Holdings) Limited, which owns....
CCFC Limited, which is in administration.

We also have SISU Capital who's job it is to manage the overall funds, and ARVO Master Fund Limited, which is now 'the investor' in CCFC - and took a debenture over assets right down to the lawnmover in March '12.

So, who's 'we' again? :thinking about:

James Smith

Oh I could believe that happening quite happily. I wouldn't trust SISU to organise a football match in a stadium.

dongonzalos

I agree. I meant the statement itself is fine, but the intent behind it? Maybe not.

No strange one.

Unless like OSB thinks it is purely to potty the picture of a organisation continuing to ask for a resolution against one is unreasonable.
I assume there is some legal advantage to portraying such an image.
I hope there are official minutes of all previous negotiations that suggest otherwise.

RoboCCFC90

Club ask for talks concerning rent and matchday revenues at Ricoh Arena
On Friday, 5th April we once again made it clear to Martin Reeves - Chief Executive of Coventry City Council and a director of ACL - that we want a negotiated solution, if necessary with a mediator to resolve the on-going dispute concerning the rent and match-day revenues at the Ricoh Arena.

We have asked Martin to respond by Friday 12th April.

The Club's owners are 100% committed to its long-term future and are determined to put the club on a sustainable business footing to ensure its viability and success going forward.

more good news :thinking about::thinking about::whistle::whistle:

Perhaps they should all refuse to work with SISU now and leave them out in the cold. Maybe this could force their hand to sell the club?

Last edited:

mattylad

I would go back to my thread on SISU thinking they were the only game in town due to an inability to attract other investors. Now the American has turned up they are unclear of the position they find themselves in.

If one side has a negotiated solution with ACL and the other does not then the administrator would have to take that in to consideration. If however SISU could show that the creditor refused to enter negotiation then they could request the administrator nulify that from his final decision.

RPHunt

It smacks of a desperate attempt by someone to show that they (SISU) still have some relevant part to play. It seems as if the other players in this drama would rather talk to the administrator as they believe he is in control of the parts of the club that matter.

'Tis a pity that the appeal was withdrawn - I was looking forward to the Football League's response as it may have given some insight into what exactly the company in administration does control.

J

Jack Griffin

I would go back to my thread on SISU thinking they were the only game in town due to an inability to attract other investors. Now the American has turned up they are unclear of the position they find themselves in.

If one side has a negotiated solution with ACL and the other does not then the administrator would have to take that in to consideration. If however SISU could show that the creditor refused to enter negotiation then they could request the administrator nulify that from his final decision.

Simple enough, offer both of them the same deal they had when negotiations were last halted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread