Laughing stock (1 Viewer)

We are becoming or have already become a laughing stock.

Our rivals are laughing at us on all the forums and the bookies have us as favourites to go down.

There is a large grey cloud hanging over Coventry and it isn't shifting. :(

Otis

It's only two games in. No need to slit our throats just yet.

I am not optimistic our fortunes will improve but it's getting a bit too suicidal on here fore my liking. Just TWO games thus far. We played okay at times on Saturday and apparently played pretty well tonight too. We all know we need a striker and another midfielder, but as I say, no need to slit our throats after just two games into the season.

ccfcway

never thought I would say this, but I am losing interest !

A defeat in 1st round of cup would have hurt like hell a few years ago..

Tonight it was expected, the team we put out had MORE than enough QUALITY to win that game...

The League and further cup games against other opposition, we can quite rightly express concerns about SISU at a lack of quality, but tonight there is just no excuse...

It wasnt long ago our "2nd string" were beating Rushden 8-0 or whatever the score was in a similar round !

derbyskyblue

It wont shift till sisu leave, and that wont happen anytime soon.....or at least until theyve flogged juke and clingan and turner. Even then i'm not so sure.

derbyskyblue

It's only two games in. No need to slit our throats just yet.

I am not optimistic our fortunes will improve but it's getting a bit too suicidal on here fore my liking. Just TWO games thus far. We played okay at times on Saturday and apparently played pretty well tonight too. We all know we need a striker and another midfielder, but as I say, no need to slit our throats after just two games into the season.
Otis, these bunch of clowns wont buy a striker, midfielder or even bog roll for the shithouse. This could well be the season we do go down.

Otis

Agreed. Just saying it is only two games in. could fully understand it after 6 or 7 defeats in a row, but we have played the red-hot favourites to go up and have lost out to lower league clubs with much better teams than we fielded tonight in the cup for sure. Traditionally of late we are pretty crap in the cups. No change tonight.

Just looking for some perspective.

derbyskyblue

I think we'll have our 6 or 7 defeats in 6 or 7 games. I really dont know how we are going to get out of this one.

Nick

Administrator
I didnt mind as much last season as we played the 2nd string...We played pretty much our strongest team possible tonight bar Clingan...

blueflint

we were shite lets not be disalusioned if we cant win these games we got no chance in championship

torchomatic

It seems that mass suicide is our only option.

PhilWasn'tBabb

perhaps the rioters will do us all a favour and burn the ricoh down and put us out of our misery.

As above, we should not really be pressing the panic button just us, I'm more worried by the fact that I not surprised we lost to night and I no longer all that bother by it either.

I hate apathy

tippex9

I haven't seen all the scores from tonight but didn't Forest, Derby and Ipswich all suffer the same fate?? Ipswich at home to a poor Northampton side!!!

skybluetelford

You were right 8-0 v Rushden. I remember as I sponsored the match. The club were good to deal with in those days. Wouldn't touch them with the proverbial barge pole right now.

howzer

Banned
it may only be 2 games in but the fact is this is the best we have got. that is it. of course it looks as though we are a laughing stock at the moment. all we can hope for is in the next week the club bring in 4 to 8 players before the window closes with the money they get from selling turner or whoever. otherwise we may as well just accept the fact now we will be down by xmas

Otis

Think the only little bit of crumb of comfort in all this is that, that is now two games in a row where we have played pretty well. I'm not contemplating suicide just yet. Let's see how we perform against Brum, Palace and Watford.

We lose all those three then maybe I'll start sharpening my razor blades.

Users who are viewing this thread