League 1 Forcast!! (2 Viewers)

stupot07

I wouldn't say anything is in place.

Next season we will lose Cranie and Clingan for sure and Nowood and Nimeley will go. I would say we will struggle to retain Keogh and will almost certainly lose one more player (Clarke in my view as he is likely to excel in League One) so 4 probably 6 players need replacing in an already weak squad.

Where will the goals come from? Platt? No chance - never scored goals at his peak and now is well, well past that. In fact I cannot see how he can be a serious contender to start many games next season. McDonald possibly but the jury is still out. O'Donovan is a poor player and will not score goals at League 1 level.

So the key midfield players are gone, we have no goalscorers and I would say the defence is likely to be above League 1 standard. Bell, Baker and Deegan are not going to stand out in this or any league.

I don't see automatic promotion as a real possibility at all. At best we will be in and around the lower end of the Play-Off places IF we sign a decent goalscorer.

It's alright Duffy, no need to worry Paxman will pop down Coundon Wedge and pick us up a couple of Sunday league players - automatic promotion will be a certainty.

ccfc2011

Champions just think this time next year we could be promoted back to the championship and this will just seem like a bad dream

Gaz

I suppose it all depends on what happens over the summer.
As it stands the squad IMO isn't good enough to get promotion.
I think Cody will be a big player for us in league 1 but we will need another forward for sure.

CCFC_Charlie

I really think that Cody could be a 25-30 goal a season striker in League One, Sheffers would chip in with around 10, and then you've got Deegan and Baker who will get a few. Even O'Donovan has a reasonable record in League One.

Users who are viewing this thread