League 2 would be end for city (1 Viewer)

Ian1779

Who says we're not BE now?

If we are break even now then we can generate enough money to pay for our players and not need a single penny of investment from SISU. So we are where we are and this is our lot from now on.

dongonzalos

Sooner the club is break even the better. We don't have to rely on SISU or people like them that will come after. This is why we have to have a new stadium.

How much debt do you envisage we will be servicing once we have a new stadium and at what cost.
If we were to acquire a new stadium the break even threshold will rise dramatically and IMO be far higher than the food and beverage income we obtain

skybluetony176

I can't see SISU getting us out of league 2 if we slipped down. I suspect we'd be nearer the bottom end of the table rather than the top end.

Ian1779

How much debt do you envisage we will be servicing once we have a new stadium and at what cost.
If we were to acquire a new stadium the break even threshold will rise dramatically and IMO be far higher than the food and beverage income we obtain

I agree with you... but unless the money coming in increases we will not go forward and eventually go backwards. So where is this money going to come from?

SISU clearly don't want to waste more money, there is no revenue to be gained from the stadium.. hence why we need to have our own.

The situation will be the same if SISU fucked off tomorrow. New owners will have the same choice... invest heavily or go nowhere... so we will end up servicing the debt to another type of business... just like we are now.

Noggin

I agree with you... but unless the money coming in increases we will not go forward and eventually go backwards. So where is this money going to come from?

SISU clearly don't want to waste more money, there is no revenue to be gained from the stadium.. hence why we need to have our own.

The situation will be the same if SISU fucked off tomorrow. New owners will have the same choice... invest heavily or go nowhere... so we will end up servicing the debt to another type of business... just like we are now.

I don't understand this constant talk of needing a new stadium, it's not viable to build one. It's like me spending my life complaining that I need a new set of legs, it would be pointless, it's not happening, no chance, so you have to make the best of what you have, lets focus on the fact that we aren't doing that in the slightest, whatsoever. If they actually had the money to spend on a new stadium they should invest that money instead and plow the proceeds into the club, it would provide more money than the extra stadium revenue would. Just to be clear I don't mean take 30mill spend it on the team, I mean take 30mill, invest 30mill, spend 6% interest on the team.

Ian1779

I don't understand this constant talk of needing a new stadium, it's not viable to build one. It's like me spending my life complaining that I need a new set of legs, it would be pointless, it's not happening, no chance, so you have to make the best of what you have, lets focus on the fact that we aren't doing that in the slightest, whatsoever. If they actually had the money to spend on a new stadium they should invest that money instead and plow the proceeds into the club, it would provide more money than the extra stadium revenue would. Just to be clear I don't mean take 30mill spend it on the team, I mean take 30mill, invest 30mill, spend 6% interest on the team.

So if we don't build a new stadium how do we generate enough revenue to move forward? Can we just operate on ticket sales alone? I don't disagree necessarily with your point... but does that mean we have to adjust our expectations? It's clear that smaller teams make good progress on less money, but it is not often sustained.

steveecov

The budget would be set to L2 levels, no investment, just loans and short term contracts. We would be in the same position we have been in most of thhe last 30 years, bottom half fighting the drop.

Did people not say if we dropped out of PL we would win more games?? How I long for PL relegation battles.

The reason we survived in the prem so long is that we knew it was a battle.....hence we had BATTLERS....who played 4 the shirt...

Ashdown

So if we don't build a new stadium how do we generate enough revenue to move forward? Can we just operate on ticket sales alone? I don't disagree necessarily with your point... but does that mean we have to adjust our expectations? It's clear that smaller teams make good progress on less money, but it is not often sustained.

Unless someone gifts us a new stadium, then the sheer cost of building it would ensure we don't break even for a very long time. A new stadium is a nice thought in the right place but a distraction to our current plight and a ploy by SISU to take eyes away from the reality.

steveecov

I don't expect to win Champions League anytime soon. I don't cry when its presented to A Spanish or German club.

You only have to adjust your expectations if you've set them too high.

Noggin

So if we don't build a new stadium how do we generate enough revenue to move forward?

Whether or not I can answer that question doesn't change the fact there is no point talking about a new stadium, even if we come to the conclusion that we can't move forward without a new stadium that doesn't mean we can build a new stadium it simply means we can't move forward. So instead we should be focuseing on what we can do.

Can we just operate on ticket sales alone? I don't disagree necessarily with your point... but does that mean we have to adjust our expectations? It's clear that smaller teams make good progress on less money, but it is not often sustained.

Well firstly sisu need to go, I don't believe the mess they are now in is solvable by them, at the moment the only way is down. We need to look at the revenues we have and maximise them, bring in more fans, get more sponsorship, do well with merchandising all of these are very difficult with sisu, the club needs to be US again and WE, not US and THEM like now, then look at other ways to generate revenue and yes some of them will require investment to get going, negotiate with wasps and yes you might have to pay, if it's worth paying do so, if it's not, don't. Ideally you'd buy into the Ricoh and work with wasps, but if you can't do that, then you can't, it doesn't mean you should do something that is completely unviable instead.

Last edited:

dongonzalos

The only way forward for SISU is if SISU buy Wasps, Wasps buy SISU or a merger.

For CCFC there are two ways forward the above or SISU move on and somebody with money who is prepared to gamble on getting the club to the premiership to sell it on.

Any other other options I see discussed I can only see CCFC declining with them.

Yes I do understand the limited likelihood of any of the above happening but they are the only ways I can see CCFC progressing

Covstu

Talk of League 2 will be good for us is just pathetic and non sensical. This would again be a disaster for our great club and seem to remember similar discussions when we dropped into League one...'SISU will go if we go into L1', 'we can win games and make a push like Norwich and Southampton did'. Come on people, we are a homeless club, riddled with debt and going down another league is not going to deter SISU one bit to walk away.

Unless there is a valid bid on the table they are not going anywhere sadly.

For the record, i think we will stay up (just).

steveecov

And a major part of revenue loss (apart from a non stocked shop) away from main fan base, would be advertising.

As long as Sisu adopt this 5 point plan or whatever it is, I feel there are a few BIG sponsors who actually DO support CCFC, who do not want to know.

Keep taking the medicine. PUSB

dongonzalos

or win their court cases.

Of course sorry I rule that out in my head as I see it as pointless

I think they will keep us as close to break even as possible till all the court cases fail. Then will be crunch time either do something with wasps or move on.

Brighton Sky Blue

But would probably need access to 365 year revenue to help achieve that....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Well yes, giving Wasps rent and revenue isn't really conducive to that.

CJ_covblaze

If we are break even now then we can generate enough money to pay for our players and not need a single penny of investment from SISU. So we are where we are and this is our lot from now on.

The club have received 2.25 up front for Wilson, 300k for Juke and around 50k for Christie since the summer.

Due to this I doubt they're putting in much if anything at all. Not included the amount needed to service the interest on the loans (around the 2.2m per annum mark) in this.

westofrayne

My favorite seasons were the relegation battles at the end of the season.......other than 87 that is. The days out, the pressure, the great escapes, the togetherness of our supporters......was a fun time although we didn't think so at the time.

Totally agree greatdays, fans united against a common enemy, the opposition, not each other.

torchomatic

Yes, those mid-80s escapes were more exciting than the Cup Run in many way.s

My favorite seasons were the relegation battles at the end of the season.......other than 87 that is. The days out, the pressure, the great escapes, the togetherness of our supporters......was a fun time although we didn't think so at the time.

torchomatic

And neither are the fans since we moved back to the Ricoh, which is probably why that money won't be invested (as transfer fees) on players. We just use some of it on loan wages and the rest for the day-to-day stuff. Revenue is obviously vital and we ain't getting any.

The club have received 2.25 up front for Wilson, 300k for Juke and around 50k for Christie since the summer.

Due to this I doubt they're putting in much if anything at all. Not included the amount needed to service the interest on the loans (around the 2.2m per annum mark) in this.

LB87ccfc

Id love another chance at one of these even in the championship never mind the prem.. Spurs away 97 what a day, Wimbledon and Ndvlouvs goals sending the fans mental and on the pitch, oh why has all this happened to us.

torchomatic

steveecov

Which is why they are going NOWHERE.

they've JUST GOT TO go to plan X Y or Z for the football.

steveecov

Id love another chance at one of these even in the championship never mind the prem.. Spurs away 97 what a day, Wimbledon and Ndvlouvs goals sending the fans mental and on the pitch, oh why has all this happened to us.

And the pleasure that Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea et al can NEVER have felt going home from HR, after surprisingly beating a top team.

If life is a collection of memories, I suppose ours is pretty full. Just a pity the album seems to be SEPIA coloured.

torchomatic

Worse than that. It's Seppala coloured.

If life is a collection of memories, I suppose ours is pretty full. Just a pity the album seems to be SEPIA coloured.

jimmyhillsfanclub

...ever since losing their ground to the Rugby team.

I was there, opening championship game with about 2,500 others enjoying the comfortable 2-0 win.....who'd have thought that when our fans sang about "never coming here again" they'd turn out to be correct......but by virtue of 7 relegations in 11 years between the 2 clubs...

torchomatic

Yeah, I was there and remember us discussing this life in the lower leagues stuff. "We'll piss it" was the consensus.

I was there, opening championship game with about 2,500 others enjoying the comfortable 2-0 win.....who'd have thought that when our fans sang about "never coming here again" they'd turn out to be correct......but by virtue of 7 relegations in 11 years between the 2 clubs...

Ian1779

So they put very little in and this is where we are.

They leave tomorrow and we do it all over again with new owners... don't make enough money, so they chuck some in, rinse and repeat and we end up paying interest to them. As much as SISU is the problem.. the problem is self fulfilling by it's very nature.

The cycle has to be broken at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread